Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2012 ATF Special Agent Announcement

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Do you consider those on the shelf those who are post poly and medical just waiting on the call?

    Comment


    • It's best to not get all worked up about what might be or what might not be. Live your life, advance yourself, pretend like this isn't going to happen because it might not. You need to be cool headed and patient now. There are more retiring but the numbers need to collected and crunched. The federal budget, or lack of, has an impact too. I could have gotten my med clearance or potentially been in the academy if it weren't for OPM stiff arming my April 15 application. Oh well though it probably added 10 months or more, not just the six it took to reapply in October. Breathe, relax, and just do well where you work now.

      Comment


      • Originally posted by CincyKid85 View Post
        Do you consider those on the shelf those who are post poly and medical just waiting on the call?
        "On the shelf" means you have completed all phases and are waiting for "the call".

        Comment


        • Originally posted by smokinghole View Post
          It's best to not get all worked up about what might be or what might not be. Live your life, advance yourself, pretend like this isn't going to happen because it might not. You need to be cool headed and patient now. There are more retiring but the numbers need to collected and crunched. The federal budget, or lack of, has an impact too. I could have gotten my med clearance or potentially been in the academy if it weren't for OPM stiff arming my April 15 application. Oh well though it probably added 10 months or more, not just the six it took to reapply in October. Breathe, relax, and just do well where you work now.
          WHAT HE SAID!! Solid advice.

          Comment


          • Originally posted by rhody401 View Post
            Can anyone confirm if you pass everything you'll be offered a slot in the academy?
            We were told to tell applicants that might ask us; "nothing is promised even if you complete all phases".

            Comment


            • So not to put the cart ahead of the horse but what happens to those applicants that pass everything and don't get a spot?is there information held for future hiring or are they erased altogether?

              Comment


              • Originally posted by CincyKid85 View Post
                So not to put the cart ahead of the horse but what happens to those applicants that pass everything and don't get a spot?is there information held for future hiring or are they erased altogether?
                Once you are on "the shelf" there are basically 4 possibilities:

                1) You get offered a class date (usually within 2 years).

                2) A portion of your application packet expires, and you are asked to re-take that portion (usually 2-3 years)

                3) Everything expires and they call you and ask if you want to re-apply 3 or 4 years later. (This happened to me)

                4) Everything expires and you are told, "Sorry, your vacancy announcement was cancelled."

                Comment


                • Did anyone who recently received med clearance in mid february or early march NOT have any med follow ups?

                  Comment


                  • Whoooo hooo! Just got med clearance! Medical review was conducted in November, FYI.

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by NC_Mtnman View Post
                      Whoooo hooo! Just got med clearance! Medical review was conducted in November, FYI.
                      November of 2016? For some reason I thought you were April 15.

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by NC_Mtnman View Post
                        Whoooo hooo! Just got med clearance! Medical review was conducted in November, FYI.
                        Big check in the box

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by CincyKid85 View Post

                          November of 2016? For some reason I thought you were April 15.
                          His medical review was completed in November. He just got the news today. They don't send it to you immediately. I had to do a follow up right before Christmas and mine had been done in November also. When you get a follow up request or a clearance you get a scanned copy in your email and it shows the MRO request or clearance with date stamped on the letter.

                          Comment



                          • Lighten up Francis. (Stripes reference for those that don't remember the line).
                            Last edited by smokinghole; 04-11-2017, 07:42 PM.

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by CincyKid85 View Post

                              November of 2016? For some reason I thought you were April 15.
                              I am an April 2015 applicant but what I meant was that my original medical was in November 2016.

                              Comment


                              • Wow you waited a good minute to do your medical. Congrats though. One more step down!

                                Comment

                                MR300x250 Tablet

                                Collapse

                                What's Going On

                                Collapse

                                There are currently 8386 users online. 265 members and 8121 guests.

                                Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

                                Welcome Ad

                                Collapse
                                Working...
                                X