Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm thinking we have at least another year before Oct 15 are going through the academy steadily. Some may squeak through here and there.

Comment

• I just had my panel this week. Can anyone shine any light on how long it took after the panel to start the next phase? I'm assuming the next would be the fedex package correct? Good luck to everyone!

Comment

• I was notified within a month of the interview.

Comment

• Took 6+ months for me. Hang in there.

Comment

• I interviewed at the end of May 16 and received the email that my fedex packet was coming near the end of July. So basically two months for me.

Comment

• Can anyone confirm if you pass everything you'll be offered a slot in the academy?

Comment

Last edited by colonel87; 04-04-2018, 09:20 AM.

Comment

• The problem with the whole "pass everything and you will get an offer" statement is it is technically true wether they need to hire 250 that year and only have 200 on the shelf or if they are hiring 24 and have 300 on the shelf.

The reason being, one step you have to pass is a type of hiring panel at the end. They look at the people ready for hire and the slots they have and pick the best.

You could end up perpetually on the shelf until they scrap the list or you have things time out that must be redone. Never having technically been told you failed something or were BQA.

Then there is the fact that the standards for passing something become more stringent when not desperate for applicants.

In summation, what people are being told and how most people
                  are taking it was true at the eginning of Schedule B hiring years ago. Now, not so much.

Comment

• I Would say by the end of the process there isn't a lot of over fill for positions. But maybe I'm wrong... I don't see them having to fill X number of positions and still having X plus 100 in the pipe.

Comment

• Understood 31Ford. I didn't know there was an additional Panel. It was my understanding that once you are medically cleared, you are just waiting on " a call" .

thanks

Comment

• Originally posted by colonel87 View Post

Do you remember the sender address? I'm assuming it comes from HQ. I interviewed beginning of March 2017.
                        i think it was a DC address. You'll know you are getting it though, it doesn't just show up. I had mine held at the shipping center because it tried to deliver needing signature and I'm never around when FedEx hits my neighborhood.

Comment

• smokinghole Thanks for the info, appreciate it. I'll probably need to do the same thing with my package.

Comment

• Originally posted by CincyKid85 View Post
                            I Would say by the end of the process there isn't a lot of over fill for positions. But maybe I'm wrong... I don't see them having to fill X number of positions and still having X plus 100 in the pipe.
                            Truth is, it all goes in waves. There are times where they are worried they don't have enough to fill a class. Right now, we are told there is a large shelf. How many on the shelf are still taking the job? That's the question. Getting these jobs takes a little bit of luck regarding timing, too.

Originally posted by rhody401 View Post
                            Understood 31Ford. I didn't know there was an additional Panel. It was my understanding that once you are medically cleared, you are just waiting on " a call" .

thanks
                            Once you finish the steps, you are pretty much waiting on the call. The problem is, how many people are waiting on the call in front of you? And how many calls are going out? My first time applying I made it through all the steps, got the "good thin letter" saying I would get a class date when budgets allowed. I wasn't lucky. The timing was wrong. Three years later I received a phone call asking me to re-apply. Had to do it all over again.

The point is, it is out of your control. Put your best foot forward, wish/pray for good luck, and pretend like you never applied. Hopefully it will work out for you.

Comment

• Man I was hoping I could quit worrying since I'm only lacking medical clearance and BI. Are there usually people who don't take the job when offered? Seems like a waste but I do understand things coming up such as family.

Comment

• Originally posted by CincyKid85 View Post
                                Man I was hoping I could quit worrying since I'm only lacking medical clearance and BI. Are there usually people who don't take the job when offered? Seems like a waste but I do understand things coming up such as family.
                                Absolutely. These processes are long. Some on the shelf already got hired by other agencies. Some aren't interested in the job anymore based on family life. Some won't take the location ATF offers.

I don't want to be discouraging. My point is actually to stop worrying, because you can't control it. The ATF is awesome, but it is still a job. Make sure you're happy with everything else in your life, and if ATF works out, it can be the icing on the cake.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7058 users online. 340 members and 6718 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X