Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Glove, how did you find out about the missed mail?

I have heard of thin letters in the mail. But the vast majority have been through email.

Good luck on it being good news.
    Last edited by 31Ford; 04-01-2017, 10:00 AM.

Comment

• Thanks for the well wishes brother. It's been 9 months post BI for me without correspondence. I've never called HQ so I figured it couldn't hurt. I eventually was transferred to someone that said I should have received mail back in December. I explained to them I never received it so they said we will resend. They wouldn't telll me what it is which it's probably policy not to give rejections to unverified people over the phone. Regardless I'll know when the mail arrives. I'll let you know officially when I receive it.
      Originally posted by 31Ford View Post
      Glove, how did you find out about the missed mail?

I have heard of thin letters in the mail. But the vast majority have been through email.

Good luck on it being good news.

Comment

• May 2016 applicant. Have my panel interview tomorrow.

Comment

• Good luck. Seems like forever since I had mine.

Comment

• Good evening,

First time posting. I have been in the ATF process for two+ years. Was just informed I was cleared medically. I know I am nearing the end of the process, but sure how close to an offer being made. If anyone has a contact number where I could check my status, I would really appreciate it. I have another offer, but would prefer ATF and will turn down the 2nd offer if I believe the ATF will happen soon.

Any help would be appreciated. Stay safe out there.

Comment

• All classes for this fiscal year are full. Take what comes first. Stay healthy in that training and then if what you want more calls, you can always take that.

A google search along the lines of "ATF dc hr" will yield a number to call. Good luck getting more info from them other then that you are still in the process.

Frankly, they probably dont know when they would offer you either right now. They need a budget for the rest of fiscal year 2017 to hire the people they already scheduled for classes.

They need a preliminary assessment of who retired this year and will mandatorily retire next year and their funding before they can even estimate how many they will hire in FY2018.
              Last edited by 31Ford; 04-05-2017, 09:53 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by USPO2014 View Post
                Good evening,

First time posting. I have been in the ATF process for two+ years. Was just informed I was cleared medically. I know I am nearing the end of the process, but sure how close to an offer being made. If anyone has a contact number where I could check my status, I would really appreciate it. I have another offer, but would prefer ATF and will turn down the 2nd offer if I believe the ATF will happen soon.

Any help would be appreciated. Stay safe out there.
                31Ford is correct, take what comes first. You more than likely would not be hired until the beginning of FY18 as all FY17 classes are full. You can still stay in the process and take it if it comes while you are training for the other agency. Heck, if you already make it through CITP then maybe that will shorten your time at FLETC....or lengthen your time in the process. Two ways to look at everything. I have a friend in the same boat as you for the most part.

When did you submit you medical follow up? April 15 applicant or October 14?

Comment

• Originally posted by NC_Mtnman View Post

31Ford is correct, take what comes first. You more than likely would not be hired until the beginning of FY18 as all FY17 classes are full. You can still stay in the process and take it if it comes while you are training for the other agency. Heck, if you already make it through CITP then maybe that will shorten your time at FLETC....or lengthen your time in the process. Two ways to look at everything. I have a friend in the same boat as you for the most part.

When did you submit you medical follow up? April 15 applicant or October 14?
                  FY18 commences in October 2017, so its actually only 6 months out at this time. Its really not that far out.

Comment

• Originally posted by ESU2 View Post

FY18 commences in October 2017, so its actually only 6 months out at this time. Its really not that far out.
                    Yep.

Comment

• And the first class should be in November right? If budgets are approved and the government doesn't shut down.
                      Last edited by CincyKid85; 04-06-2017, 11:14 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by CincyKid85 View Post
                        And the first class should be in November right? If budgets are approved and the government doesn't shut down.
                        The magic 8 ball says: Maybe.

Comment

• Anyone on here in the July class?

Comment

• Originally posted by EDDk9-21 View Post
                            Anyone on here in the July class?
                            There are some but they most likely would send you a PM.

Comment

• Would July be the last class or could they squeeze one in September? I won't make either of them but that's at least another 48 applicants ahead of me that are being pushed through.

Comment

• I was told at my poly they are doing classes of 24. Also, if you check out ATF's facebook page, they recently graduated 24 agents. So unfortunately, it looks like us OCT 15'ers have a long way to go...I did hear from a SAC that if you pass every stage, you will EVENTUALLY be offered a spot.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4465 users online. 184 members and 4281 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X