300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by CincyKid85 View Post
    You may even pass your two year mark before you get the call. The process is seemingly slowing down with each hiring pool. Have any other Oct 15s gotten medical clearance?
    Oct 15, in the same boat as you. Still waiting on medical clearance and background

Comment

• Not sure if you all have already seen these, but they are a good read. You should click on the link to read the actual memo at the bottom of the second site.

https://www.justice.gov/opa/pr/attor...ety-task-force

https://www.justice.gov/opa/pr/attor...ficant-violent

Comment

• Originally posted by P.K. Highsmith View Post
        Not sure if you all have already seen these, but they are a good read. You should click on the link to read the actual memo at the bottom of the second site.

https://www.justice.gov/opa/pr/attor...ety-task-force

https://www.justice.gov/opa/pr/attor...ficant-violent
        That certainly sounds promising that more agents may be hired in FY18 to accomplish this mission. *crosses fingers*

Comment

• Hopefully they'll push the rest of us through since both of those PDFs mention the ATF

Comment

• Hopefully. Been quiet around here lately. Which can be good or bad. FD2FED1977 hasnt posted in a while.

Kinda feels like the movie "Outbreak" where they pull all the troops outta the town in anticipation of nuking it. Haha.

Comment

• Originally posted by 31Ford View Post
              Hopefully. Been quiet around here lately. Which can be good or bad. FD2FED1977 hasnt posted in a while.

Kinda feels like the movie "Outbreak" where they pull all the troops outta the town in anticipation of nuking it. Haha.
              You rang?

Comment

• Originally posted by waitingtowait View Post
                Anyone ever get a call from a 202-648-9999 number?
                Called HR. They said they didn't call me and when asked further stated all classes were full for FY17. I can only hope I hit my 13 before I go over to ATF as a 9-10. Damn that would be nice.

Comment

• Are there any April 15 still floating around or have they all been picked up? This board went dead in the last several weeks.

Comment

• April 15er here. I know of at least two more at my job waiting. One more has been given a class that has not started.

I also know of an October 14er who is waiting to come off light duty to hopefully be offered again.

There is probably enough April 15ers still in the pool, that if FY2018 hired 120 like they did in FY2017, it could all be April 15ers.

Not sayin they are hiring that many, not sayin they wont start grabbing October 15ers too. Just sayin in a long convoluted way that they have plenty more then they need in the pool.
                    Last edited by 31Ford; 03-26-2017, 06:22 PM. Reason: Edited because I cant visualize a calender in my head worth a damn.

Comment

• Originally posted by 31Ford View Post
                      I also know of an October 15er who is waiting to come off light duty to hopefully be offered again.
                      There's an October 15 who has already been offered?

Comment

• My mistake. I meant October '14.

Comment

• Does anyone know roughly how many were allowed to apply each cycle? Then to follow up, does anyone know how many ended up getting through and past the panel interview? With 26 FOs and maybe 30 +/- per cycle that's almost 800 every 6 months the last 2 years allowed to apply. I don't know the typical attrition stats bit I remember someone stating somewhere around 30% are lost on each step. So because I'm a numbers guy (science major):

26x30= 780 allowed to apply and we'll go with a 25% loss rate per step.
                          Exam leaves 780x0.75= 585
                          PTT leaves 585 x 0.75 = 438
                          Panel leaves 438 x 0.75 = 329 possibly getting conditional offers (fedex)
                          I don't know how to apply the physical but if we just assume the poly kills off 25% that leaves us with 329 x 0.75 = 246 per six months. I actually would assume the number to be a little smaller at the end but I don't know enough about the numbers. If we went with a 30% loss that put the same assumptions above down to 187 to the poly with no assumed loss at the physical.

Is this way off? It's sort of how I've been counting my odds. It's fun to speculate at least.

Comment

• Originally posted by smokinghole View Post
                            Does anyone know roughly how many were allowed to apply each cycle? Then to follow up, does anyone know how many ended up getting through and past the panel interview? With 26 FOs and maybe 30 +/- per cycle that's almost 800 every 6 months the last 2 years allowed to apply. I don't know the typical attrition stats bit I remember someone stating somewhere around 30% are lost on each step. So because I'm a numbers guy (science major):

26x30= 780 allowed to apply and we'll go with a 25% loss rate per step.
                            Exam leaves 780x0.75= 585
                            PTT leaves 585 x 0.75 = 438
                            Panel leaves 438 x 0.75 = 329 possibly getting conditional offers (fedex)
                            I don't know how to apply the physical but if we just assume the poly kills off 25% that leaves us with 329 x 0.75 = 246 per six months. I actually would assume the number to be a little smaller at the end but I don't know enough about the numbers. If we went with a 30% loss that put the same assumptions above down to 187 to the poly with no assumed loss at the physical.

Is this way off? It's sort of how I've been counting my odds. It's fun to speculate at least.
                            There are currently over 1k applicants in the pool. 100-200 are ready for hire. Thats what we were told.

Comment

• Interesting. And I'm sure there aren't 800 more agents ready to retire. So..... the worrying is still going on!

Comment

• Originally posted by UCLA1998 View Post

There are currently over 1k applicants in the pool. 100-200 are ready for hire. Thats what we were told.
                                Thanks for that. It makes basically sense based on what I've read the last two years. Now what does "ready to hire" actually mean is what I wonder. I guess is that the "you will get a class this year" or is it a person just waiting for med clearance/a class?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8567 users online. 434 members and 8133 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X