Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OCT 2015 applicant. Received med clearance and am now waiting for a potential offer. I know multiple people who are bailing from the process because of the wait and/or getting hired by other agencies. Thats good news for those interviewing now. You might only have to wait 5 years instead of 7 for a class and CITP/SABT will be an online course by then. Haha. Good luck everyone.

Comment

• That is awesome news. When did you receive it

Comment

• Originally posted by CincyKid85 View Post
        That is awesome news. When did you receive it
        Received recently. Background reciprocated; ID check only.

Comment

• That's still good news--even for those of us who don't have reciprocity.

Comment

• Originally posted by waitingtowait View Post

Congrats. Out of curiosity who did you have a clearance through? Anyone know how the ATF does reciprocity? I am being readjudicated through DoD but I know most agencies don't grant them for DoD.

Comment

• Originally posted by waitingtowait View Post

How did you find out? I received reciprocity in my current gig but only found out after asking at the time of getting the call.

Comment

• Originally posted by NC_Mtnman View Post

How did you find out? I received reciprocity in my current gig but only found out after asking at the time of getting the call.
                My background investigator at the ID check told me. Don't have it in writing so I guess it's not 100% guaranteed. Guess I will see.

Comment

• Does anyone know if you can defer enrollment into FLETC. I know that sounds Ludacris but I am potentially going into a local academy and will need to pay back the city for the cost of the academy if I don't fulfill the 2 year commitment. Not that I anticipate a call before 2019, but just in case.

Comment

• Originally posted by rhody401 View Post
                    Does anyone know if you can defer enrollment into FLETC. I know that sounds Ludacris but I am potentially going into a local academy and will need to pay back the city for the cost of the academy if I don't fulfill the 2 year commitment. Not that I anticipate a call before 2019, but just in case.
                    It is situationally dependent. For example, I have heard of them deferring an academy for military personnel who are overseas.

It is a huge risk though. Even if they let you defer, if that class gets cancelled or budgets get cut, you may miss your one opportunity.

With that said, all you can do is keep living your life. Hopefully it all works out. Best of luck.

Comment

• You may even pass your two year mark before you get the call. The process is seemingly slowing down with each hiring pool. Have any other Oct 15s gotten medical clearance?

Comment

• Anyone ever get a call from a 202-648-9999 number?

Comment

• No, but 202-648-xxxx are DC field office numbers.

Comment

• Originally posted by 31Ford View Post
                            No, but 202-648-xxxx are DC field office numbers.
                            I called the number back and the generic recording states "you have reached a non-working number...." I think they wanted to relay I have been tentatively selected for a class in FY 2021.

Comment

• At least you got a tentative date.....

Comment

• waiting, yes I have gotten called by that number 3 times recently. They never leave a message and you cannot return the call.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 12189 users online. 408 members and 11781 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X