300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by scott50 View Post

My offer came a couple weeks after I was cleared medically...
    Are you April 15?

Comment

• For you April 16 folks, the information I received was that interviews are supposed to be completed by sometime in April. I had mine this week.

Comment

• Originally posted by CincyKid85 View Post

Are you April 15?
        No... I was offered a a job back in September of 2015.... I took another one instead.

Comment

• Has anyone heard anything concrete about the budget proposal and how that will alter the ATF?

Comment

• Originally posted by BF280 View Post
            I don't post that often but I thought I'd pass along what I was told this week. I'm a May 2016 applicant and I just had my interview last week. After my interview was over I was told that the next step would be the background and don't expect to hear anything for about 6-9 months. I was also told that if I were to get hired I was realistically looking at sometime in 2019.

One other thing that came out of left field was that ATF could possibly no longer accept age waivers for those over 37 even if we are currently covered under 6C retirement. Now, that was unconfirmed and just talk at this point. The panel just wanted to be open and honest with me which I greatly appreciated. This took me by surprise and I hope it doesn't turn out to be true. Also, everything is subject to change especially with the changes the current administration is making everyday. The process could speed up, slow down, or come to a complete halt.

There you have it. Just my experience and what I was told this week.
            I am a May 16 Applicant and the individuals interviewing me literally said the same thing to me. I appreciate that they were honest, guess they don't want anyone to unrealistically get their hopes up Have to stay positive regardless.

Comment

• Originally posted by CincyKid85 View Post
              Has anyone heard anything concrete about the budget proposal and how that will alter the ATF?
              I was told that the "hiring freeze" and "budget cuts" refers to non-essential federal employees. We are a federal law enforcement agency and would typically not be considered for something like that. All those going through the hiring process will continue to do so. May slow things down but SLOW progress is better than NO progress.

Comment

• Hello. Long time follower, first time posting. I am a October 2015 applicant patiently waiting. Can anyone shed light on when we may receive the next piece of correspondence? I had LASIK back on September and re sent my medical documents in January-- nothing since. Not even medical clearance. It is my understanding I am waiting on official medical clearance and a call? -- Thanks for all your input.

Comment

• Originally posted by rhody401 View Post
                  Hello. Long time follower, first time posting. I am a October 2015 applicant patiently waiting. Can anyone shed light on when we may receive the next piece of correspondence? I had LASIK back on September and re sent my medical documents in January-- nothing since. Not even medical clearance. It is my understanding I am waiting on official medical clearance and a call? -- Thanks for all your input.
                  I may possibly need to get LASIK and I just had my interview. When would you recommend I get it and what kind exactly. I cant afford it just yet so i have been trying to save up.

Comment

• EJA shoot me a PM

Comment

EJA shoot me a PM
                      10-4

Comment

• Just FYI, the Columbus field office sent out interview dates today for early April.

Comment

Hello. Long time follower, first time posting. I am a October 2015 applicant patiently waiting. Can anyone shed light on when we may receive the next piece of correspondence? I had LASIK back on September and re sent my medical documents in January-- nothing since. Not even medical clearance. It is my understanding I am waiting on official medical clearance and a call? -- Thanks for all your input.
                          I'm in the same boat, submitted medical info and waiting. I had my last correspondence in late Feb for a second clarification with medical. So they are not backed up a six months or more. My original submission was reviewed and generated a second request within 3 or 4 weeks.

If I were to guess we'll hear something late spring to mid summer for FY 18 classes.

Comment

• Let's hope. I reached out to the person who sent my medical and she said she has everything she needs so I guess it is being reviewed, for 3 months. Hopefully we will at least have some dialogue in the near future. I reached out to some of my contacts including former ATF and they couldn't even get an answer for me.

Comment

• I'm wanting to say that I saw on a previous page that only one person handles the medical follow-ups. That could be a reason for it taking so long. Honestly it's probably irrelevant because all the classes for this FY are full anyway. I'm in the same boat. Waiting for medical, BI, and final preference.

Comment

Sounds about right. I had my medical in August 2016 and polygraph in October. I haven't heard a thing since. Not a medical follow up or clearance.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7414 users online. 353 members and 7061 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X