Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Glad to see some movement. I'm waiting for med clearance and I'm sure that step is another beast altogether but it's good to see people getting interview invites.

Comment

• Originally posted by scott50 View Post

The marble floors and new cars are nice though!
      True, how many bosses do you have to go through to get the ok to start an investigation?

Comment

• Originally posted by dsb05c View Post

True, how many bosses do you have to go through to get the ok to start an investigation?
        Just a few... no biggie

Comment

• Ok, re-cap for those who are not registered on the 31ford fanpage:

April 15er who took the poly in July and received medical clearance the other week.

Thing is, I have never had an interview with a background investigator, aka the ID check, like seemingly everyone else who passed the poly got before or shortly after.

So is anyone else in the same boat?

Anyone else get medical clearance before their BI started?

Anyone have a BI done without ever having the interview?

Anyone have their current clearance accepted and not have to meet with a BI?

And finally, whats the longest someone has gone between medical clearance and the updated preference sheet, other then the poor souls who got thin lettered after receiving med clearance?

I'll take facts, theories, ballpark guesses or random thoughts on my situation. Thanks.
          Last edited by 31Ford; 03-03-2017, 05:12 PM.

Comment

• I have heard of others going through the BI without speaking with an investigator.

Comment

• Originally posted by 31Ford View Post
              Ok, re-cap for those who are not registered on the 31ford fanpage:

April 15er who took the poly in July and received medical clearance the other week.

Thing is, I have never had an interview with a background investigator, aka the ID check, like seemingly everyone else who passed the poly got before or shortly after.

So is anyone else in the same boat?

Anyone else get medical clearance before their BI started?

Anyone have a BI done without ever having the interview?

Anyone have their current clearance accepted and not have to meet with a BI?

And finally, whats the longest someone has gone between medical clearance and the updated preference sheet, other then the poor souls who got thin lettered after receiving med clearance?

I'll take facts, theories, ballpark guesses or random thoughts on my situation. Thanks.
              I'm in the same boat and I'm floating down the same long river. I don't have a med clearance though... You can get reciprocity from your last clearance.

Comment

• NC_Mtnman, is reciprocity something you have to actively petition for or do they just decide after looking at the clearances you list on your e-qip info?

How long since poly with no BI contact?

Comment

• Did you receive contact from an investigator when any of you did your last clearance/SSBI? I ask only because with the SCI clearance I used to hold (expired 2008) I never spoke to the OPM investigator when my BI started in 2002. This whole ID check thing was something I never heard of until reading about this process. Maybe if you're already a Fed employee they skip it? Maybe if you've already had a clearance it gets skipped?

Either way I wouldn't get hung up on this "ID check" step which I haven't seen as a formal step in the SSBI process. Also if/when your clearance is adjudicated you will not usually hear from the investigator. That info usually comes from someone that does the security management where you work. So likely someone in staff support where you're slated for assignment would get the info. When my adjudication was final it was relayed to me through the unit security manager.

Comment

• I don't post that often but I thought I'd pass along what I was told this week. I'm a May 2016 applicant and I just had my interview last week. After my interview was over I was told that the next step would be the background and don't expect to hear anything for about 6-9 months. I was also told that if I were to get hired I was realistically looking at sometime in 2019.

One other thing that came out of left field was that ATF could possibly no longer accept age waivers for those over 37 even if we are currently covered under 6C retirement. Now, that was unconfirmed and just talk at this point. The panel just wanted to be open and honest with me which I greatly appreciated. This took me by surprise and I hope it doesn't turn out to be true. Also, everything is subject to change especially with the changes the current administration is making everyday. The process could speed up, slow down, or come to a complete halt.

There you have it. Just my experience and what I was told this week.

Comment

• Originally posted by 31Ford View Post
                      NC_Mtnman, is reciprocity something you have to actively petition for or do they just decide after looking at the clearances you list on your e-qip info?

How long since poly with no BI contact?
                      I have a current TS with the agency already. I was given reciprocity unknowingly in my current job series which was just upgraded from my last clearance with DHS. I have not met with a BI for the 1811 position.

I believe it is given on a case by case basis.

Comment

• 31Ford,

I'm roughly on the same timeline as you. Here is what I got:

-Took the poly in April.
                        -Did an ID check with an investigator in May, however I have heard nothing more in regards to a BI or interview. Nor have I noticed a BI has been started. Not even sure how I could address that question.
                        -Received medical clearance a couple weeks ago around the same time as you.

That's all I got...

Comment

• Originally posted by Braves1995 View Post
                          31Ford,

I'm roughly on the same timeline as you. Here is what I got:

-Took the poly in April.
                          -Did an ID check with an investigator in May, however I have heard nothing more in regards to a BI or interview. Nor have I noticed a BI has been started. Not even sure how I could address that question.
                          -Received medical clearance a couple weeks ago around the same time as you.

That's all I got...
                          My offer came a couple weeks after I was cleared medically...

Comment

• Originally posted by 1811_WannaBe View Post

Hey everyone, first time poster but been lurking for about a year now. This thread has been extremely useful, even though I have fallen into the trap of checking this compulsively!

I took my PTT back in November, has anyone else received a Panel Interview invite? Any chance you guys know when the interviews need to be completed by? Thanks!
                            I passed my PTT in Nov 2016 and haven't heard anything yet.
                            OUT!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Radio Raheem View Post

I passed my PTT in Nov 2016 and haven't heard anything yet.
                              Same here...

Comment

• Originally posted by WillB1smday View Post

Same here...
                                Ditto

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 10262 users online. 505 members and 9757 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X