300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by CincyKid85 View Post

Meh, it just said domestic agencies. Several news agencies since then have said he's going to leave law enforcement alone. I guess we will truly know once the details of the budget are released.
    Really really hoping since he ran as the "law President" he at least maintains all of our staffing levels. Obviously he is increasing ICE and CBP, I imagine we'd be good to go also. If I hear anything more I'll gladly share it if I can.

Comment

• My only fear is that with it being the big, bad ATF that wants to seize everybody's guns, and the politics behind pro-gun lobbying, there might be cause for more concern. But again, we shall see in the end how it all turns out. I'm hoping for the best like everyone else.

Comment

• Originally posted by FD2FED1977 View Post

Really really hoping since he ran as the "law President" he at least maintains all of our staffing levels. Obviously he is increasing ICE and CBP, I imagine we'd be good to go also. If I hear anything more I'll gladly share it if I can.
        I think his plan will mostly effect non-LE agencies. DOS is supposedly up for a....37%...cut! Wow.

Not sure if this has been said before, but our local LE partners and ATF integrate very well. This why I do not see our budget being cut as there is no other agency that performs the way we do in supporting our partners whether they be FED/state/local LEO. Now, will we get new cars or marble floors in our buildings like FBI? No. And that's fine with me. The guys in my office are out doing the work every day and making things happen. I haven't seen a suit and tie as part of the daily uniform yet thankfully.

Comment

• Originally posted by chapmanp1 View Post
          Thin letter due to polygraph. Current LE, hold clearance, and have passed polygraphs in past.

And the the most important fact...I didn't lie
          Sorry to hear that. I know several cleared people who have failed polys with different agencies. Unfortunately, as long as the use the polygraph as a tool to eliminate the "bad", they are going to lose a few of the "good" as well. You can ask to re-apply, it is decided on a case by case basis.

Comment

• Medical clearance received.

Comment

• Originally posted by NC_Mtnman View Post

I think his plan will mostly effect non-LE agencies. DOS is supposedly up for a....37%...cut! Wow.

Not sure if this has been said before, but our local LE partners and ATF integrate very well. This why I do not see our budget being cut as there is no other agency that performs the way we do in supporting our partners whether they be FED/state/local LEO. Now, will we get new cars or marble floors in our buildings like FBI? No. And that's fine with me. The guys in my office are out doing the work every day and making things happen. I haven't seen a suit and tie as part of the daily uniform yet thankfully.
              The marble floors and new cars are nice though!

Comment

• Received invite for Panel Interview. (Took PTT in December 2016)

Comment

• Originally posted by Covert_13 View Post
                  Received invite for Panel Interview. (Took PTT in December 2016)
                  Hey everyone, first time poster but been lurking for about a year now. This thread has been extremely useful, even though I have fallen into the trap of checking this compulsively!

I took my PTT back in November, has anyone else received a Panel Interview invite? Any chance you guys know when the interviews need to be completed by? Thanks!

Comment

• Received invite for Panel Interview for the end of March through April. (Took PTT in November 2016) No location info in invite email.

Comment

• Hopefully I get my invite soon, I've seen some people received theirs a couple weeks ago. I guess maybe they're sending them out by region or in segments? Passed PTT in November.

Comment

Last edited by colonel87; 04-04-2018, 10:19 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by 31Ford View Post
                          Medical clearance received.
                          Neat!

Comment

• Originally posted by 31ford View Post
                            medical clearance received.
                            nice

Comment

• Originally posted by NC_Mtnman View Post

My Impala has 110k and still kicking. You? As long as they don't take away my credit card for putting fuel in it, I'm good to go!

Comment

• Originally posted by FD2FED1977 View Post

My Impala has 110k and still kicking. You? As long as they don't take away my credit card for putting fuel in it, I'm good to go!
                                We get GSA cars but I'm rocking the POV until I figure out if I'm headed to SABT.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9517 users online. 479 members and 9038 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X