Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2012 ATF Special Agent Announcement

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by 31Ford View Post
    Sounds like a corruption of the news that there will be no hiring announcements in fy2018.
    The last intel we received was to tell folks who want to apply to start asking in January 2018. The folks in the process now will continue to move through the process, and even if you complete the entire process an offer isn't guaranteed.

    I would apply to the 1811 gigs that interest you, because once you're in it's easier to move around.

    Comment


    • Originally posted by 31Ford View Post
      Sounds like a corruption of the news that there will be no hiring announcements in fy2018.
      Thats what I was hoping. It was around late Nov through early Dec on these forums.

      Comment


      • Originally posted by chapmanp1 View Post

        Thats what I was hoping. It was around late Nov through early Dec on these forums.
        I do envision them hiring to fill retirements though, so still good news for those in the pipe.

        Comment


        • Originally posted by FD2FED1977 View Post

          even if you complete the entire process an offer isn't guaranteed.
          Man that would suck big time!

          Comment


          • Yes it would

            Comment


            • Originally posted by CincyKid85 View Post

              Man that would suck big time!
              I agree, it would. It's come to a point though, where you just have to keep doing things in your existing jobs to make yourself better, make yourself an asset, and almost act like this process doesn't exist. Put the checks in the boxes and hope for a call down the road.

              Comment


              • Originally posted by FD2FED1977 View Post

                I agree, it would. It's come to a point though, where you just have to keep doing things in your existing jobs to make yourself better, make yourself an asset, and almost act like this process doesn't exist. Put the checks in the boxes and hope for a call down the road.
                I think this is a rather important message. The desire to improve oneself or the organization you are a part of shouldn't decrease with a new prospect on the horizon. This summer will be a year since my panel interview. If I had checked out thinking I had a job, I would have been very checked out by now. Heck, I first contacted a recruiter before I found my current position over 2 years ago.

                Comment


                • Originally posted by smokinghole View Post

                  I think this is a rather important message. The desire to improve oneself or the organization you are a part of shouldn't decrease with a new prospect on the horizon. This summer will be a year since my panel interview. If I had checked out thinking I had a job, I would have been very checked out by now. Heck, I first contacted a recruiter before I found my current position over 2 years ago.
                  Yeah man, when schedule B first started the process moved super fast. From test invite to offer my timeframe was 6 months. It literally was a blur. The process is slowing down now, so those in the process have to just keep plugging along at their current gigs; be a positive contributor and don't check out.

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by FD2FED1977 View Post

                    Yeah man, when schedule B first started the process moved super fast. From test invite to offer my timeframe was 6 months. It literally was a blur. The process is slowing down now, so those in the process have to just keep plugging along at their current gigs; be a positive contributor and don't check out.
                    I talked to a few guys at the academy that waited just at 3 years. Word around my office is 2+ years is the norm.

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by NC_Mtnman View Post

                      I talked to a few guys at the academy that waited just at 3 years. Word around my office is 2+ years is the norm.
                      Yeah, a close friend of mine who got on a while ago was 3 years also.

                      Comment


                      • Saw where the president's budget plan is to decrease spending on domestic agencies...cause for concern or nah?

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by o2force View Post
                          I think I remember seeing 7/9. I have the email at work and cant access it right now.
                          Domestic LAW ENFORCEMENT agencies or just domestic agencies in general? For now I wouldn't be concerned.

                          Comment


                          • Lol...I don't need to say anything more, you said it for me

                            Originally posted by FD2FED1977 View Post

                            Hahahaha, good luck in the process. Focus on getting hired first, then the academy, then doing your job and getting off training status.....versus what you can do off duty. My response was directed to the kind gentleman who "successfully polices" the forum and answered your question, as we go back, so stop whining.

                            This forum is a wealth of knowledge, and there are a few of us who "successfully police it" to try to help people like you out because we were in your shoes at one time. I've received hundreds of DM's from folks thanking us/me for helping them through this process, and most of those folks got hired (some didn't, but they were still thankful). Those folks will do well on this job.

                            Still the best gig going!!!

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by FD2FED1977 View Post

                              Domestic LAW ENFORCEMENT agencies or just domestic agencies in general? For now I wouldn't be concerned.
                              Meh, it just said domestic agencies. Several news agencies since then have said he's going to leave law enforcement alone. I guess we will truly know once the details of the budget are released.

                              Comment


                              • Thin letter
                                Last edited by chapmanp1; 05-17-2017, 12:35 PM.

                                Comment

                                MR300x250 Tablet

                                Collapse

                                What's Going On

                                Collapse

                                There are currently 10232 users online. 502 members and 9730 guests.

                                Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

                                Welcome Ad

                                Collapse
                                Working...
                                X