300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by smokinghole View Post

They way I see it is that if I can get back dealing with explosives and bombs it's be very satisfying but if not, OK. I know I will have to put some real time doing "normal" investigations and cases. I'd prefer it so I'd have a solid background going forward. I don't imagine there are tons of explosives/bomb cases, especially compared to guns and dope. I also imagine the FBI handles most bomb cases as their typically running domestic terrorism issues and I doubt a bomb wouldn't be considered terrorism in the current environment. I might be wrong but I would guess the explosives cases tend to be explosives theft from places like mining and blasting operations. Maybe I'm wrong but seems like a logical guess.

Thanks for the info though guys. Having you two checking this forum and providing a dose of reality to everyone is valuable. Otherwise we have speculators speculating on speculation and rumor.
    Glad to help where I/we can. You would definitely be able to get back to the explosives stuff man, it would just take a little time.

Comment

• Finally I was contacted today to Schedule my Poly. Will be doing it in about a month. That will be the last step in the process. Also, Just had the DEA finish my BG investigation so i am hoping that will speed up the process to FLETC.

Comment

• I took my poly today and It wasn't good. So im sure i'll be receiving a thin letter next month. Even though I'm a Fed LEO with a Q clearance. My buddy took his yesterday and it's the same with him (we both work together). The poly isn't like a service or FBI poly, I just couldn't get out of my own head, so I showed deceptive behavior and integrity issues I guess. Which made me laugh because of the nature of my work. If I had any of those Issues I wouldn't be doing my current job, and Im constantly under a human reliability program. So I guess i'll be heading up to VA next month for the marshals interview now. Good luck everyone.
        Last edited by TXFED; 12-21-2016, 08:06 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by TXFED View Post
          I took my poly today and It wasn't good. So im sure i'll be receiving a thin letter next month. Even though I'm a Fed LEO with a Q clearance. My buddy took his yesterday and it's the same with him (we both work together). The poly isn't like a service or FBI poly, I just couldn't get out of my own head, so I showed deceptive behavior and integrity issues I guess. Which made me laugh because of the nature of my work. If I had any of those Issues I wouldn't be doing my current job, and Im constantly under a human reliability program. So I guess i'll be heading up to VA next month for the marshals interview now. Good luck everyone.
          stay positive man. I had the same experience. I had to retake mine, and the retake went excellent. Don't stress it too much now, it won't help.

Comment

I took my poly today and It wasn't good. So im sure i'll be receiving a thin letter next month. Even though I'm a Fed LEO with a Q clearance. My buddy took his yesterday and it's the same with him (we both work together). The poly isn't like a service or FBI poly, I just couldn't get out of my own head, so I showed deceptive behavior and integrity issues I guess. Which made me laugh because of the nature of my work. If I had any of those Issues I wouldn't be doing my current job, and Im constantly under a human reliability program. So I guess i'll be heading up to VA next month for the marshals interview now. Good luck everyone.
            I may be joining you too. Yesterday was the first poly I had ever taken. Thought I was honest throughout the exam, but was told there were areas of concern at times. Not exactly sure what that means, but going to be a long few weeks of peeking into the mailbox and hoping there is no letter in it. Hoping this isn't the last step of the way, definitely not too optimistic though.

Comment

• ^ I was the same way. Very first poly. Same language used. They told me areas of concern. I didn't even need to retake. Stay positive. Everyone feels crummy leaving the poly.

Comment

• Received a medical follow-up request this evening.
                Last edited by smokinghole; 12-22-2016, 06:41 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by CincyKid85 View Post
                  ^ I was the same way. Very first poly. Same language used. They told me areas of concern. I didn't even need to retake. Stay positive. Everyone feels crummy leaving the poly.

Ditto, only difference was I had to retake, second time was much better of a feeling once I was finished. Definitely don't be stressed if they call you for a retake.

Comment

I have taken many a gov't poly with many different agencies. If there is one thing I can tell you with certainty, if they didn't stop the poly and kick you out, you have no idea if you passed or not. Stay positive.

Comment

• I will add, I know of people who have had the "ok, I think thats all we are gonna do today"/aborted poly that were called back for a second.

Comment

• If you currently hold a TS clearance with a different agency can a poly failure with ATF for the hiring process affect your current TS clearance?

Comment

• Got my thin letter this morning via Email. I currently hold a TS clearance and my background/psychological evaluation was far more in depth and intrusive than the poly. But a machine that isnt admissible in court has decided my fate. I showed deception on are you a convicted felon...come on Im an LEO dont you think that I would be doing my current job if I was?!? Good luck to all, Ill most likely see you at FLETC sooner or later as an Instructor.

Comment

• Originally posted by 102938 View Post
                            If you currently hold a TS clearance with a different agency can a poly failure with ATF for the hiring process affect your current TS clearance?
                            Agencies do not typically contact other agencies to notify them of a failed polygraph unless there is a substantial risk. I know people that have failed the ATF poly and continued to work for other agencies for years after. With that said, if a polygrapher knows that you work in intelligence, and believes that you are supporting terrorism, he is probably going to let somebody know.

The other thing to think about is whether your current agency re-polygraphs at their 5ish year renewal. At that point your failed polygraph may come up and you may have to re-visit whatever the issues were.

Comment

• I emailed a follow up to perform the PTT. I have a date to do it next week in DC area. Pretty excited.

Edit*** Looks like good chance of mixed precipitation for testing day. Would any expect for it to be rescheduled?
                              Last edited by ls1_oklahoma; 01-05-2017, 08:47 PM.

Comment

• Will they start the BI only after medical clearance or will they start it before?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6700 users online. 381 members and 6319 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X