Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AL-if that happens everyone who doesn't get picked up in FY17 will more than likely time-out on the poly, med, PT and background. Just for fun let's throw a new online test retake as well. But as you said, things can change in a heartbeat.

Comment

• Why would they have April 15, October 15, and May 16 pools if they weren't planning on filling the spots? If they don't hire until 2019 again why even go through the trouble of having all those extra hiring pools? I'm sure that the people who received the emails stating they were slated for a FY17 class are mostly October 14 and April 15 applicants.

Comment

• You wont time out. I haven't taken any interviews or tests in over a year and a half maybe more.

Comment

• I'm an April 15 applicant . Med clearance received in July and background has been submitted for 5 months ... no email or preference sheet . Guessing I'll either get a thin letter soon or be waiting until 2019 lol

Comment

• I wonder if theses emails are going out within a certain time frame of your academy date? Like if you start the academy the beginning of 2017 you've gotten one whereas if you don't start until summer or fall they're holding off for now.

Comment

• Originally posted by CincyKid85 View Post
              Why would they have April 15, October 15, and May 16 pools if they weren't planning on filling the spots? If they don't hire until 2019 again why even go through the trouble of having all those extra hiring pools? I'm sure that the people who received the emails stating they were slated for a FY17 class are mostly October 14 and April 15 applicants.
              When people mention not hiring until 2019 they are meaning the schedule B or announcements. The pools you are talking about are to cover hiring until 2019 where then, ATF will begin to recruit again. According to a source of mine, ATF is no longer accepting applications and is processing those in the pipeline to include those just beginning the testing process. Theoretically, no one will "time out" just merely would not be selected for hire as other candidates fit their needs better.
              - Bluecrew
              "The opinions and or comments expressed on this forum (officer.com) are solely those of the individual "Bluecrew" and do not express the opinions or ideas of any of the department(s) that employ said individual."

Comment

• So in theory the April and October 15 applicants and the May 16 applicants will fill the class dates between now and 2019 when they have another announcement?

Comment

• Not another announcement just more classes.

Comment

• ATF isn't hiring to grow, it's currently hiring for attrition. With that being said, hiring is going to slow dramatically. It's not the best way to hire, but that's how ATF does it. If you get in great, if you don't I would take the first 1811 gig that comes.

Comment

• Originally posted by CincyKid85 View Post
                      So in theory the April and October 15 applicants and the May 16 applicants will fill the class dates between now and 2019 when they have another announcement?
                      ^^^ This is accurate for the most part. Classes will be filled with those applicants from the groups you listed and maybe even ones from before that are still on the shelf. According to the recruiter I talked to, 2019 will bring forward another hiring announcement, apparently it hasn't been decided whether they will schedule B or general announce it yet. Keep in mind though, this process takes a while so the above listed groups will still be hired for 2019 classes, probably even 2020 classes as the new applicants enter the pipeline.
                      - Bluecrew
                      "The opinions and or comments expressed on this forum (officer.com) are solely those of the individual "Bluecrew" and do not express the opinions or ideas of any of the department(s) that employ said individual."

Comment

• Wow this is ridiculous. 2019?...2020? Who has time to wait for that? Tomorrow isn't promised. If all of this is true, then i would suggest applying to other agencies if you haven't already.
                        OUT!!

Comment

• That is what people should be doing regardless. Many irons in the fire if you want an 1811 gig anything can happen.

Comment

• I'm just going to start looking and forget about my ATF application for the near future. If this speculation of another year, maybe two, or more is accurate I could probably land a sweet DOD gig somewhere with my explosives background. The ATF is attractive to me, but I don't want just any 1811 position, I contacted the ATF recruiter for a specific reason. I actually got into this process hoping I could get one if the 1801 explosives enforcement positions, granted I now know it was only for 1811. So the 1811 or bust crew can truck on, I want back into the explosives realm. If that happens as an 1811 in the ATF or as another position somewhere else I will be happy. I know it can take a while for something ideal to come along. With a new administration there might be new exciting opportunities on the horizon.
                            Last edited by smokinghole; 12-14-2016, 05:34 PM.

Comment

• The opportunities are going to be yyyyyyuuuuugggeeeee.

Comment

• I thought it was explained that 2019 would be the next hiring announcement? Those already in the process will round out the classes between now and then. Maybe I'm wrong?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7319 users online. 346 members and 6973 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X