300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by 31Ford View Post
    I'm an April '15 applicant who is 4 months post poly with no contact from a background investigator and I would say half the April '15 applicants out there are the same way.

The one hope is that a guy at work had his poly less than one month before me and he got hired for a November class.

They took his security clearance, slapped a med clearance on him and offered him a place not even on the list cause his top three choices were all within a two hour drive from the offered office.

Right now I think the first applicant done everything with a preference for an office with a vacant spot is getting the call. If no one is ready who wants that spot, they are making someone ready.
    I am a Oct 2015 applicant. I already have a clearance that was reciprocated and I completed the poly circa 2 months ago. Waiting on med clearance. Your co-worker's situation must have been nice.

Comment

• When did they let you know your clearance was reciprocated? My buddy who was hired was originally told it wouldnt be and then after the med clearance came they changed their mind.

Comment

• Felt like forever since the interview with nothing...and then all of a sudden got my FedEx, completed my drug test, submitted my eQIP and have medical scheduled for next week.

Comment

• How many of us are veterans? I am just curious because between prescreen, panel, and poly, all but one agent I've dealt with has been prior military. Granted my sample size is small with that being 5 people of which 4 were former military. I just found it to be pretty cool.

Comment

• Former Military. If this doesn't work out, I'm hoping Trump will let me back in

Comment

• May 16 - Just completed PTT. Advised us all could be 2,3 maybe 4 months before we hear anything.

Comment

• Let's hope for 2 rather than 4!

Comment

• Just had my follow up poly yesterday, I have a much better feeling leaving this one then on the first one. Just waiting on background, med clearance, and pref sheet. Oct 15 applicant.

Comment

• Originally posted by espantoon View Post

They buy a house for you in your current city, and then help you to sell it as you move to your assigned location.
                    They don't buy a new home. They cover closing costs and realtor fees. The house buy program is for property you already own.

Comment

• Did anyone see the latest post on the other ATF thread? I guess someone told an applicant that FY17 classes were already full when they took their PTT. Anyone heard anything similar?

Comment

• People have been posting that. Maybe its some truth behind it. I wouldn't be surprised.
                        OUT!!

Comment

• I highly doubt these classes are full considering after a year or two of waiting people's lives change, there are people that turn down their offers or bow out of the process...with that being said there might be enough people in the pipeline right now that April 2016 applicants will not be considered for classes fy17
                          Last edited by MDPO32; 12-09-2016, 01:54 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by MDPO32 View Post
                            I highly doubt these classes are full considering after a year or two of waiting people's lives change, there are people that turn down their offers or bow out of the process...with that being said there might be enough people in the pipeline right now that April 2016 applicants will not be considered for classes fy17
                            I'm a 2016 applicant and I posted that in the other thread. I'm sure that no 2016 applicant with make a FY17 class. However, I was just passing along what I received from my applicant coordinator. He emailed us to give us an update and wanted us to know that all FY17 classes have been filled. It was just an update for our benefit if we were near aging out. He even went as far to explain that it would not affect those like myself who are already covered under 6C retirement. Now, I'm sure that doesn't account for unforeseen circumstances where individuals drop out for various reasons and they need to till class slots. Not trying to burst any bubbles, just passing on what I've been told. I've also been told this from others within the agency.

Comment

• HR told me the same thing about FY17 classes being full. Only a guess, but I would say they are filling those classes with applicants who got the "you are slated for a class" email. I'm sure that some will decline the offer for one reason or another. You would have to look into the HR crystal ball to know if they accounted for those people and/or figure out why they are still processing people. To add to it, it's also up in the air with what happens when Trump gets in place. All of the slated classes could be canceled or they could add 5 more. It's all a guessing game.

Comment

• I heard It from a close buddy whose best friend works support in an office. They won't be hiring after the 5 classes slated for fy 2017. Until 2019. He said that he said all classes were full. I was one of those who received the email saying I was selected for a fy 2017 class so it makes no sense to me. Also take this with a grain of salt THINGS change overnight here in the good ol gubmint.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 17825 users online. 449 members and 17376 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X