Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• That's still a good number to hire especially with up to 40% leaving within the time frame the rest of us will get hired on.

Comment

• Originally posted by UCLA1998 View Post
      From what I've been told ATF plans on hiring approximately 100-130 agents in FY17. All of the positions will be for attrition backfill only. It seems ATF is keeping it's numbers at FTE levels. So in plain language the agency isn't growing. Good news is ATF has 40% of it's workforce retiring in the next 2-3 years.
      Ditto to what UCLA said. I heard the same thing.....4 classes of 24 in calendar year 2017 with hopes for a 5th. We can't grow, like UCLA said, but we can hire for retirements that occur.

Comment

• I heard from a "reliable source" that all the FY17 classes have been filled (I know this was actually mentioned before). When I asked if that meant people had received The Call that person stated, "I would assume so" but that sounded like pure speculation. Several of us have received The Email that we are scheduled for an FY17 class so my source may not have been too sure. It is POSSIBLE though that all the FY17 are in fact filled and the people filling them have already been notified. I don't want to get people spun up but wanted to pass along the info.

Comment

• I heard the same rumor long before calls for December and January went out. So...grain of salt. I doubt we would receive letters TELLING us we were selected for FY17.

Comment

• Originally posted by AL_NERI View Post
            I heard the same rumor long before calls for December and January went out. So...grain of salt. I doubt we would receive letters TELLING us we were selected for FY17.
            I was directing that more toward the people that haven't yet received that email and looking for an FY17 class. I'm not worried about us one bit, AL. Just waiting for The Call and an EOD date at this point.

Comment

• Who' s ever in the process is in a good position. ATF's budget is still operating off of a CR until March or April, so everyone is waiting for the new administration to take office. Since ATF over FTE, I assume every new hire from now on will replace a senior retiring agent. There are at least 100 or so retirements coming up at the end of the month. I have come to the realization ATF is never going to grow or increase its workforce size. It will always be playing catchup with replacing retiring agents.
              Last edited by UCLA1998; 12-05-2016, 06:29 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by YeaThatGuy View Post

I was directing that more toward the people that haven't yet received that email and looking for an FY17 class. I'm not worried about us one bit, AL. Just waiting for The Call and an EOD date at this point.
                Understood, Ten Fo.

Comment

• Received an e-QIP invite, but no PIN. Should i expect the generated email with the PIN shortly?

Comment

• Originally posted by enonymous1 View Post
                    Received an e-QIP invite, but no PIN. Should i expect the generated email with the PIN shortly?
                    When mine came through the PIN came first. My invite email from PSB had instructions for what to do if there was no PIN.

​​

Comment

• After failing out of the process after the poly a while back, a friend of mine who is an agent with ATF has informed me that he has spoken with a number of folks in HR and they will be able to reactivate me in the process the next time ATF opens up for hiring. Is anyone hearing any rumors as to when the next announcement may come around? I know things are up in the air with the election and the holidays always slow things down, but I would really love to get the ball rolling towards my dream job again.

Comment

• No intel to back this, but it seemed like every opening was in an October or an April for a while there.

I would touch base with your contact in ATF often and when they hear of something, I would call HR to see about them reactivating you. Every announcement is at least six months apart so would hate to hear I just missed something.

I know someone who failed the poly who was told that until they change their policy on whatever they felt you were being deceptive about, that you had no shot after failing a poly. So if they felt you were deceptive on a drug question, you wouldnt be considered again until their drug policy changed to allow the "truth" they so definitively found with a machine as acceptable.

Comment

• 31Ford - Thanks for the suggestions there. And, as for the poly information, that is some interesting information. It would be nice to know what it was that led me to fail the poly portion in the first place. Oh well, all I can do is keep plugging away hoping that there is another announcement soon.

Comment

• That explaination came from HR. He never found out what they failed him on either.

Comment

• Originally posted by buddy_hamilton View Post
                              To my understanding, the 5 scheduled classes (24 person per) for FY 2017 are

November, December, January, May, and July

the remaining classes: January, May, and July

If things go as planned I can probably make the July one. Optimistically speaking, I would hope to make the May one. Realistically speaking, I know full well I will not make the January one.
                              OUT!!

Comment

• January is done. Calls were going out as of Nov. 17th. As per the letter we received 6-8 weeks out is surpassed.
                                Last edited by AL_NERI; 12-06-2016, 04:06 PM.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7791 users online. 443 members and 7348 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X