Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any other Oct 15 applicants waiting for their medical clearance to clear? I took the drug screening test last month, haven't received an equip enrollment yet.

Comment

• It will be a while to get med clearance. I think all of us Oct 15 guys are waiting for medical clearance letters.

Comment

• ^ what he said. It seems we are scattered all over the place. Some, like yourself, are waiting on eqip and others are waiting for med clearance.

Comment

• OCT 15 here.

We are all over the place. I have received/returned a medical follow up and completed my eqip. On the other hand, I have yet to even schedule the poly!

Comment

• Originally posted by 31Ford View Post
            First let me clarify that I am not harping on the job. It owes me nothing. Waiting years is even ok too if thats the way it goes.

Just venting frustration at the increasing likelihood of never getting called because according to some the math just doesnt work. Some agents tell me they are starved for bodies and others say they are tripping over people at their fields offices and don't see them hiring in any real numbers much longer.

200 applicants a year on the shelf and 250 spots a year at FLETC are the conditions I initially applied under. A year from now we are going to have April '15, October '16 and April '16 applicants waiting on the call for who knows how little spots. 300 applicants for maybe another 120 academy spots?

Prospects dont look good is all. Sorry to be a Debbie Downer, especially if I am way off.
            My field office serves a area of 2.3 million and only has 4 agents.. We are short as hell...

Comment

• Ucla is it a hardship office? My first choice was a major eastern city so I could get back home and the reason why quite a few of us are selected and still waiting for an EOD date is because it seems that unlike anything I've ever seen in federal law enforcement HR is trying to get everyone their first choice or close to it. I could be very wrong but it doesn't seem like it with the calls that have gone out, the first choices received and the regions where the first choices were (seems like it's going west to east).

Comment

• Originally posted by AL_NERI View Post
                Ucla is it a hardship office? My first choice was a major eastern city so I could get back home and the reason why quite a few of us are selected and still waiting for an EOD date is because it seems that unlike anything I've ever seen in federal law enforcement HR is trying to get everyone their first choice or close to it. I could be very wrong but it doesn't seem like it with the calls that have gone out, the first choices received and the regions where the first choices were (seems like it's going west to east).
                It's not listed as a hardship office.

Comment

• Curious how slots open up in offices since that seems to be what dictates who gets called this time around and why they won't fill offices that need people so bad with us all standing by to stand by.

Comment

• Curious, I was told by someone in the ATF prior to me applying that there is a list of hardship stations and that they have a hardship waiver deal where anyone who volunteers to go to a hardship station can stay for three years and then get a post of choice after that hardship time is completed. I know other agencies claim to have that type of deal and then you never leave the hardship post. Anyone have any information that could shed some light on that?

Side note. Had my polygraph today. Was not told pass or fail so I will update when I get new information.

Comment

• Originally posted by NC_Mtnman View Post
                      Heck, I have worked with people in the FLEO world that don't even know what HSI is.
                      Maybe the shouldn't change their name every couple of years. #alwaysICEtome

Comment

• Originally posted by eaglesWR7 View Post
                        Curious, I was told by someone in the ATF prior to me applying that there is a list of hardship stations and that they have a hardship waiver deal where anyone who volunteers to go to a hardship station can stay for three years and then get a post of choice after that hardship time is completed. I know other agencies claim to have that type of deal and then you never leave the hardship post. Anyone have any information that could shed some light on that?

Side note. Had my polygraph today. Was not told pass or fail so I will update when I get new information.
                        You have no need to worry or be concerned about this. First assignment is on you and you are still a good ways away from that. IF you get a job offer, they tell you where you're going and you have 24 hours to accept or decline, and it won't be considered a hardship.

Comment

• From what I've been told ATF plans on hiring approximately 100-130 agents in FY17. All of the positions will be for attrition backfill only. It seems ATF is keeping it's numbers at FTE levels. So in plain language the agency isn't growing. Good news is ATF has 40% of it's workforce retiring in the next 2-3 years.
                          Last edited by UCLA1998; 12-04-2016, 07:44 PM.

Comment

• sounds like more than 4 classes to me I hope for 5 dec and jan are done so that leaves two more...fingers crossed they are earlier than later. I have heard everything from next one in feb or march to may. Apparently all from "very reliable sources". Almost 3 months post pref sheet.

Comment

• Originally posted by AL_NERI View Post
                              sounds like more than 4 classes to me I hope for 5 dec and jan are done so that leaves two more...fingers crossed they are earlier than later. I have heard everything from next one in feb or march to may. Apparently all from "very reliable sources". Almost 3 months post pref sheet.
                              5 classes of 24 sounds about right.

Comment

• Any word on when the panel interview process with start for the April 16 group that has finished up PT testing phase?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7845 users online. 459 members and 7386 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X