300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by 31Ford View Post
    Apply, they said. 9-18 months, they said. Pass everything and you will get hired, they said.

Does anyone know when the attrition/mass hiring train is gonna end? Cuz if they are gonna go back to hiring 25 a year in FY2018 I am gonna buy a house and accept my fate at my current agency.
    I know guys that it took 3-4 years to get on. When did you apply?

Comment

• Originally posted by FD2FED1977 View Post

When you say 3-4 years was that on 1 vacancy announcement? And schedule B?

Comment

Good things come to those who wait!

Atleast, I hope so.

Comment

• Even if they do change the way they hire for fy18 that's still 11 months away. That's 11 months longer that you'll be in the process. A lot can happen in that time. Besides, you're in a lot better shape than those who have already been removed from the process.

Comment

• First let me clarify that I am not harping on the job. It owes me nothing. Waiting years is even ok too if thats the way it goes.

Just venting frustration at the increasing likelihood of never getting called because according to some the math just doesnt work. Some agents tell me they are starved for bodies and others say they are tripping over people at their fields offices and don't see them hiring in any real numbers much longer.

200 applicants a year on the shelf and 250 spots a year at FLETC are the conditions I initially applied under. A year from now we are going to have April '15, October '16 and April '16 applicants waiting on the call for who knows how little spots. 300 applicants for maybe another 120 academy spots?

Prospects dont look good is all. Sorry to be a Debbie Downer, especially if I am way off.

Comment

First let me clarify that I am not harping on the job. It owes me nothing. Waiting years is even ok too if thats the way it goes.

Just venting frustration at the increasing likelihood of never getting called because according to some the math just doesnt work. Some agents tell me they are starved for bodies and others say they are tripping over people at their fields offices and don't see them hiring in any real numbers much longer.

200 applicants a year on the shelf and 250 spots a year at FLETC are the conditions I initially applied under. A year from now we are going to have April '15, October '16 and April '16 applicants waiting on the call for who knows how little spots. 300 applicants for maybe another 120 academy spots?

Prospects dont look good is all. Sorry to be a Debbie Downer, especially if I am way off.

I don't think it's a negative outlook or that you are being a downer at all ...it's a very realistic and possible picture you painted. Thin letters have been going out left and right it seems. So good luck to all in the process and congrats to those already slotted for a spot

Comment

First let me clarify that I am not harping on the job. It owes me nothing. Waiting years is even ok too if thats the way it goes.

You're not a Debbie downer. I feel the same way. I would like to move and want this job. I don't want to buy another house to only be offered this job 3 months after closing and being told I will be moving 600 miles away after training is complete. Here I am approaching 2 years since prescreen. Over a year since the announcement that got got me past OPM. No end in sight. Not with 75 more spots to fill this year and just going to complete my poly in two weeks.
                ‚Äč

Comment

• The pre-screen I got back in March '15 was filled with info regarding the percentage of the agency retiring, the approximate number of applicants per announcement that make it through every step to the shelf, and a timeline window from application to class date for those selected.

I am curious to hear what the April '16ers were told. Curious to see if the "stats" change every announcement to reflect the current situation or if the same spiel was memorized and repeated announcement after announcement. 2013, when they were taking guys with four year degrees and nothing else just to fill classes is already so different from now where guys who stand next to POTUS with a gun are getting bounced in the background stage.

Comment

• I'm a current fed agent with a bachelors and masters, GS-12. Took me 25 months application on usajobs to finish. Now waiting for the call. It's just taking a while now unfortunately. I was told I'd fly through Bc of my resume. Just isn't the case these days. Sometimes it's flying sometimes it's not. That's the way govt cookie
                    crumbles. Also is why you put many eggs In one basket. I want ATF more than anything and I received the good to go selected letter. Isn't stopping me, was selected for phase 2 FBI Interview in Dallas and have to travel all the way there, still gonna go. Until they tell me my actual EOD date it's business as usual. I'm in DEA and HSI as well.

Comment

• It has been exactly two weeks since I took my poly and I got a call this morning saying they want me to come back in for a retest. Really hope this is just a little bump and will finally be able to get passed this hurdle.

Comment

• Originally posted by AL_NERI View Post
                        I'm a current fed agent with a bachelors and masters, GS-12. Took me 25 months application on usajobs to finish. Now waiting for the call. It's just taking a while now unfortunately. I was told I'd fly through Bc of my resume. Just isn't the case these days. Sometimes it's flying sometimes it's not. That's the way govt cookie
                        crumbles. Also is why you put many eggs In one basket. I want ATF more than anything and I received the good to go selected letter. Isn't stopping me, was selected for phase 2 FBI Interview in Dallas and have to travel all the way there, still gonna go. Until they tell me my actual EOD date it's business as usual. I'm in DEA and HSI as well.
                        Are you an 1811?

Comment

Are you an 1811?
                          lol, you forgot already?

Comment

• Originally posted by Bliskin View Post
                            For those who have taken the PFT, approximately how long did it take from start to end?
                            Fairly quickly for me. I was there on time and left exactly half an hour later. They were pretty on top of it and moved through it quickly.

Comment

• Originally posted by AL_NERI
                              I'm a current fed agent with a bachelors and masters, GS-12.
                              Originally posted by FD2FED1977
                              Are you an 1811?
                              Originally posted by AL_NERI
                              lol, you forgot already?
                              In fairness, most people don't think of a GS-1896 when someone identifies himself as a federal agent.

Comment

• Originally posted by espantoon View Post

In fairness, most people don't think of a GS-1896 when someone identifies himself as a federal agent.
                                Most people don't think of a GS-1811 either because nobody outside of our group of FLEO's and applicants even know the difference. Heck, I have worked with people in the FLEO world that don't even know what HSI is.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4873 users online. 269 members and 4604 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X