300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by determined11 View Post
    I'm assuming strict protocol for sit ups and push ups, so should I expect to get docked a few reps?
    Are we allowed to wear a watch so we can monitor our 1.5 mile time?
    Yes, you can wear a watch and we were allowed to have iPods/earbuds. But you cant stop while performing the exercise(s), it must be continuous. If you stop, then that's the number they use. At least that's how mine was.

Comment

• Originally posted by Firecop2653 View Post

Yes, you can wear a watch and we were allowed to have iPods/earbuds. But you cant stop while performing the exercise(s), it must be continuous. If you stop, then that's the number they use. At least that's how mine was.
      Same experience. Also, if you pause during pushups, that counts as stopping. Even if you're still in the front leaning rest. They will terminate you instantly.

Comment

• Practice, practice, practice and setting (and maintaining) a nice steady pace are the keys to success.

Comment

• Originally posted by smith6cr View Post

Same experience. Also, if you pause during pushups, that counts as stopping. Even if you're still in the front leaning rest. They will terminate you instantly.
          Interesting considering the PTT description document we were emailed by ATF states: "The participant may only stop to rest in the upright push-up position."

Will a proctor call out your number of reps as you do them? (sit-ups and push-ups)

Comment

• Originally posted by Bliskin View Post

Interesting considering the PTT description document we were emailed by ATF states: "The participant may only stop to rest in the upright push-up position."

Will a proctor call out your number of reps as you do them? (sit-ups and push-ups)
            That is contrary to what I directly experienced then. Either it has changed, or my proctors were not familiar with this document. It would make sense that you can rest. That is why I was shocked when they told us we could not. I am used to the APFT where you can rest in the front leaning rest during the test.

Comment

• To my understanding, the 5 scheduled classes (24 person per) for FY 2017 are

November, December, January, May, and July

the remaining classes: January, May, and July

Comment

• Really hope I make January.

Comment

• You and me both Al

Comment

• And me as well

Comment

• Originally posted by EDDk9-21 View Post
                      You and me both Al
                      is December full ?

Comment

• That's what I've heard

Comment

• Surely there can't be many October 14s waiting for a spot.

Comment

• Ok....here is the skinny. I know for a fact, someone received a call for the dec. class on the 15th of Nov.(not me) Two days later another person received the call for the Jan 2nd class the morning of the 17th (also not me, please don't message me about it it's not up to me to tell more info, nor do I even feel comfortable doing so). Both of these people got their preference sheets Sept. 13. as did I. From what I have heard (and also guessing) what is taking so long and determining the call is they are really trying to get people where they want to go. The good news is if you received the new email for tentative class selection you are set and just waiting (also something I heard second party). Personally though, I think those were sent out for people that will fill the last two classes to ease their nerves about the coming administration mixed with post preference sheet silence. Again. Who the heck knows this is all guessing and second hand info but the call info is all true regarding the dec and jan classes.

Last edited by AL_NERI; 11-21-2016, 03:47 PM.

Comment

• Apply, they said. 9-18 months, they said. Pass everything and you will get hired, they said.

Does anyone know when the attrition/mass hiring train is gonna end? Cuz if they are gonna go back to hiring 25 a year in FY2018 I am gonna buy a house and accept my fate at my current agency.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bliskin View Post

The last time I proctored I asked the candidate what their preference was comcerning me counting for them (out loud, loud every ten reps, etc).

it has been a while, SO DONT HOLD ME TO IT, AS HQ SETS THE STANDARDS FOR THE PTT. If memory serves, no rest during sit-ups and once you stop that's it; push-ups you were allowed to rest at the "up" position. THIS MAY HAVE CHANGED. I REPEAT, THIS MAY HAVE CHANGED.

For me, I didn't concern myself with taking a rest because for one minute I was going to pound out as many as I could, at least until I got to my minimum. HOPEFULLY YOU FOLKS HAVE BEEN TRAINING!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7747 users online. 443 members and 7304 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X