300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by obuck34 View Post

FD are you able to confirm or deny this post from a few weeks back?
    Calendar year maybe, fiscal year doubtful.

Comment

• Originally posted by smokinghole View Post
      I think the question is, filled with whom? Does anyone know the number of us post interview? I know we aren't all the applicants on this board, but I cannot imagine they have 150+ in each group post interview. Anyone know roughly how many people each FO recommends for the application link, on average? Here I am again trying to make sense of the longest hiring process in which I am likely to be involved with.
      There are a lot people on the shelf.

Comment

• It must be getting pretty heavy on that shelf at this point then....must be about to break.

Comment

• When you say there are a lot on the shelf are you meaning that they are just awaiting the call? At what point in the process does one get moved to the mysterious, prestigious shelf?!

Comment

• Not trying to be an AL_NERI here, just a realist but with the shelf as big as it is, I feel like the final hiring authority or however it works up in DC may start to become very selective on who gets a final offer. With 2 classes filled (and I'm assuming the Dec class is filled as calls went out a couple weeks ago) post-preference sheet for the few of us few Oct 14ers still hanging around, it may not be looking too good. Definitely not a good sign when the applicants behind you get an offer before you. Last time this happened to me I got a BQA letter a few weeks after.

Comment

• Originally posted by YeaThatGuy View Post
              Not trying to be an AL_NERI here, just a realist but with the shelf as big as it is, I feel like the final hiring authority or however it works up in DC may start to become very selective on who gets a final offer. With 2 classes filled (and I'm assuming the Dec class is filled as calls went out a couple weeks ago) post-preference sheet for the few of us few Oct 14ers still hanging around, it may not be looking too good. Definitely not a good sign when the applicants behind you get an offer before you. Last time this happened to me I got a BQA letter a few weeks after.
              Never heard of people getting preference sheets and not getting a call. Why send one then? Not to mention anyone behind me getting a call either. Everyone that has magically disappeared off this forum got their preference sheet before I did. I was one of the last. FD2FED care to shed any light on this realism friend? If you aren't tired of doing so already

Comment

• Oh and I did hear that December and January are not full yet. Just rumors though. But maybe yea that guy has a point. I have had my preference sheet for two months as of tomorrow and radio silence. Now I'm very nervous again like pre pref sheet.
                Last edited by AL_NERI; 11-13-2016, 02:50 AM.

Comment

• It would be interesting to know if they have enough shelved current/former 1811's to fill an add-on only class.

Comment

• Originally posted by CincyKid85 View Post
                    When you say there are a lot on the shelf are you meaning that they are just awaiting the call? At what point in the process does one get moved to the mysterious, prestigious shelf?!
                    When you have passed all phases, received official notice of medical clearance, and filled out a revised preference sheet......then you are on the shelf.

Comment

• Originally posted by waitingtowait View Post
                      It would be interesting to know if they have enough shelved current/former 1811's to fill an add-on only class.
                      I doubt that would ever happen. Not saying it won't, but highly doubtful.

Comment

• Originally posted by AL_NERI View Post
                        Oh and I did hear that December and January are not full yet. Just rumors though. But maybe yea that guy has a point. I have had my preference sheet for two months as of tomorrow and radio silence. Now I'm very nervous again like pre pref sheet.
                        You went from all FY17 classes being full, to not even December being full. Relax my friend, you're creating unnecessary stress.

Comment

• Originally posted by YeaThatGuy View Post
                          Not trying to be an AL_NERI here, just a realist but with the shelf as big as it is, I feel like the final hiring authority or however it works up in DC may start to become very selective on who gets a final offer. With 2 classes filled (and I'm assuming the Dec class is filled as calls went out a couple weeks ago) post-preference sheet for the few of us few Oct 14ers still hanging around, it may not be looking too good. Definitely not a good sign when the applicants behind you get an offer before you. Last time this happened to me I got a BQA letter a few weeks after.
                          May not be looking too good for what? You finished the entire process and filled out a preference sheet. Now it's just a waiting game, for some longer than others.

Comment

• Lol. I guess what that guy is saying is that he has not received an offer after having a preference sheet in hand for a while in another announcement or a previous time he was in the process and maybe a preference sheet doesn't mean you were selected for a class and just waiting to be put into one.....I have no idea. That's what it sounded like when I read it.

Comment

• Oct 14 here still patiently waiting on the call.

Comment

• Originally posted by njfirstclass_09 View Post
                                oct 14 here still patiently waiting on the call.
                                that's the spirit!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7528 users online. 416 members and 7112 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X