Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm guessing the dec and January class are to cover retirees already timing out then?

Comment

• Originally posted by FD2FED1977 View Post

Plus, they can look and see who is "mandatory retirement" and tailor the number to be hired from that.
      Yeah, maybe, but I heard people can apply for extensions to continue to serve.

Comment

• Originally posted by chapmanp1 View Post
        Not to change the subject, but I can 100% dispel one of the rumors floating around on the forum. ATF will not automatically DQ those who have to make changes to their eqips more than three times.
        That's good to hear. It doesn't make sense to ditch someone because of E-qip errors or corrections.

Comment

• Originally posted by smokinghole View Post

That's good to hear. It doesn't make sense to ditch someone because of E-qip errors or corrections.
          I called and verified the same. The person on the other end had a good chuckle and appreciated the laugh.

Comment

• Originally posted by AL_NERI View Post
            I'm guessing the dec and January class are to cover retirees already timing out then?
            The classes are already scheduled with exact dates. ATF is changing the way that they hire and plan but I don't think it will come into effect until the FY18 classes. If you're in the pipe and have at least a poly/med clearance then I think you should be in good shape.

Comment

• How are they changing the way they hire and plan? I'm post poly so I doubt it will change my status but I'm curious

Comment

• Originally posted by CincyKid85 View Post
                How are they changing the way they hire and plan? I'm post poly so I doubt it will change my status but I'm curious
                It's really just how to better strategize the hiring instead of rushing to push people through with Schedule B. They want to have a pool of applicants ready to go and people coming through at a normal rate instead of all of the sudden having 250 new SA's every year going to the field. That's what I gathered.

Comment

• Originally posted by NC_Mtnman View Post

The classes are already scheduled with exact dates. ATF is changing the way that they hire and plan but I don't think it will come into effect until the FY18 classes. If you're in the pipe and have at least a poly/med clearance then I think you should be in good shape.
                  Schedule B will be coming back around again....

Comment

• Originally posted by espantoon View Post

Yeah, maybe, but I heard people can apply for extensions to continue to serve.
                    Tis' true, HOWEVER, extremely hard to come by. I know two solid guys that tried and were declined. The knowledge they will take with them will be sorely missed.

Comment

• Originally posted by AL_NERI View Post
                      Just heard that all FY17 classes are already full. Don't know how true it is. Also don't know if getting a pref sheet we will be one of those. I have no clue and I don't know how to take that news.
                      FD are you able to confirm or deny this post from a few weeks back?

Comment

• I think the question is, filled with whom? Does anyone know the number of us post interview? I know we aren't all the applicants on this board, but I cannot imagine they have 150+ in each group post interview. Anyone know roughly how many people each FO recommends for the application link, on average? Here I am again trying to make sense of the longest hiring process in which I am likely to be involved with.

Comment

• There were less than 20 of us total from the office I applied through so I doubt that there could be a large group post interview.

Comment

• it was not true. I called HR last week since I have had my preference sheet for two months. All they would say is the classes for FY17 haven't been filled yet and to be patient.

Comment

• I heard America is going to be great again and that is some pretty yoooooj news

Comment

• It is where I work, It's felt like Christmas morning the past 3 days here. Amazing what it has done for morale around here

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 10748 users online. 402 members and 10346 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X