Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Some pretty reliable sources have put the next two Academy start dates as Dec 13 and Jan 3-4.

Comment

• Oct 14 here as well waiting for the call. November is full and December and January are the next dates from what I hear as well. The calls are coming guys so just sit back and relax.

Comment

• Originally posted by 31Ford View Post
        I know AL is Border Patrol, firecop and yeathatguy, are you DHS as well by chance?
        No, I'm a local

Comment

• Just took my poly, not feeling very confident right now that I will get to move on, sucks too since I have been a fed for 7 years. Keeping my fingers crossed for no letter.

Comment

• Originally posted by 31Ford View Post
            I know AL is Border Patrol, firecop and yeathatguy, are you DHS as well by chance?
            Local as well

Comment

• Sooo is there any reason to be concerned about the fact that the soon to be president has stated he wants to freeze all federal hiring...?

Comment

• Originally posted by CincyKid85 View Post
                Sooo is there any reason to be concerned about the fact that the soon to be president has stated he wants to freeze all federal hiring...?
                A campaign statement said that Trump would institute “a hiring freeze on all federal employees to reduce federal workforce through attrition (exempting military, public safety, and public health).” #MAGA!

Comment

Sooo is there any reason to be concerned about the fact that the soon to be president has stated he wants to freeze all federal hiring...?
                  I do believe there was more than that.....something to the effect of "with the exception of public safety". Something like that...

Comment

• Also, he isn't in office for two more months so the next two classes should be okay I would imagine even if they did. But who knows. I do know its a great day to be in the Border Patrol...never thought Id say that.

Comment

• All the hiring is filling open positions so there's that too. Hopefully we'll be fine but there's nothing like throwing a curve ball into the process again!

Comment

• Even if he meant it and even if he meant to include Fed LEOs in that freeze, things have a way of changing between campaign podium and after they are briefed for the first time on security issues.

Guantanamo is still open after 8 years.

Comment

All the hiring is filling open positions so there's that too. Hopefully we'll be fine but there's nothing like throwing a curve ball into the process again!
                          I feel pretty confident that the hiring right now is for when members retire. We are at our cap, but folks are steadily retiring.

Comment

• Ah gotcha, makes sense. Just fill the spots once people retire

Comment

Ah gotcha, makes sense. Just fill the spots once people retire
                              Plus, they can look and see who is "mandatory retirement" and tailor the number to be hired from that.

Comment

• Not to change the subject, but I can 100% dispel one of the rumors floating around on the forum. ATF will not automatically DQ those who have to make changes to their eqips more than three times.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 12139 users online. 451 members and 11688 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X