Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oct 15 checking in. Over 1 month post poly (after my second poly). No change in status. No idea how long I need to wait until I'm considered "safe"?? I would assume I would have found out already if I failed the second one, but who knows. I was contacted within 1 week after I took the first poly and told a retest was required. Good luck to everyone progressing!

Comment

• Yes, excellent job on the list--I second everyone's praise. October 15 applicant that took poly on 6 September. Have not heard back on whether I passed or failed. Still awaiting medical clearance, but did all medical related items in July and have not been contacted for any follow up.

Comment

• Originally posted by smokinghole View Post
        Tj2015, nice job on the list. Hopefully I get my poly scheduled soon.

I do have a question for everyone here. With the new wage laws going into effect starting December, how will that impact Gov pay? Right now my company is looking at having to hand out raises to avoid overtime with the magic number now being something like $47,470. Considering GL5 pays less than, how are the lower GS/GL affected by the changes to OT and salary?
        I am out of the loop on this, but we don't get OT. We get LEAP. 25% added on to your pay for when the phone rings after hours, or when a regular day turns into a long day.

Comment

• Originally posted by FD2FED1977 View Post

I am out of the loop on this, but we don't get OT. We get LEAP. 25% added on to your pay for when the phone rings after hours, or when a regular day turns into a long day.
          As far as I know now, starting Dec, anyone making less than 47,470 is due OT. I assume looking at payscales that if leap is considered then the new minimum for OT exemption is irrelevant in this case. I guess we can forget the question. GL5 RUS comes to $49K.

Comment

• Originally posted by smokinghole View Post

As far as I know now, starting Dec, anyone making less than 47,470 is due OT. I assume looking at payscales that if leap is considered then the new minimum for OT exemption is irrelevant in this case. I guess we can forget the question. GL5 RUS comes to $49K.
            You got me curious about this. Couple different documents (press release from DOL and the lengthy rule as printed on the federal register):

https://www.dol.gov/WHD/overtime/final2016/
            https://www.federalregister.gov/docu...side-sales-and

As concerns 1811s, there is a different exemption in the FLSA for criminal investigators who receive availability pay, so even if the number is raised in the future, LEAP trumps OT rules. (There is also an exemption for Border Patrol Agents.)

http://uscode.house.gov/view.xhtml?r...edition=prelim

Comment

• Great work on the list!

I am a May 16 applicant out of Philadelphia region and have not heard anything yet. Getting very anxious on this... Good luck to those processing through and more to the guys before us. Sounds as though we are the last Schedule B folks too. I have found this forum very helpful and ideally, before too long I will be up with the rest of you! Keep the information flowing!

Comment

• Originally posted by TJF5K View Post
                Great work on the list!

I am a May 16 applicant out of Philadelphia region and have not heard anything yet. Getting very anxious on this... Good luck to those processing through and more to the guys before us. Sounds as though we are the last Schedule B folks too. I have found this forum very helpful and ideally, before too long I will be up with the rest of you! Keep the information flowing!
                Did you take and pass the written and just waiting on PTT confirmation?

Comment

• No test as of yet, nothing.

Comment

• Originally posted by TJF5K View Post
                    No test as of yet, nothing.
                    Have you contacted the recruiter out of Philly?

Comment

• Going down next wednesday to discuss it.
                      Last edited by TJF5K; 11-08-2016, 02:46 PM.

Comment

• Been lurking on this site for a while. Any other Oct 14 applicants with preference sheets beside myself and Al still hanging around? Nov class is full BTW per HR, didn't ask when the next class is.

Comment

• Great more wonderful news. So much for getting hired before my 32nd birthday next week hahaha.

Comment

• Originally posted by YeaThatGuy View Post
                            Been lurking on this site for a while. Any other Oct 14 applicants with preference sheets beside myself and Al still hanging around? Nov class is full BTW per HR, didn't ask when the next class is.
                            Yep....right here

Comment

• I know AL is Border Patrol, firecop and yeathatguy, are you DHS as well by chance?

Comment

• I'm pretty sure the next couple academy classes were going to be scheduled pretty close together. So December and/or January classes are a possibility. Don't know when exactly, but I'm pretty confident they don't start a class in the middle of a pay cycle.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5887 users online. 336 members and 5551 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X