Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Here again is where possible confusion makes this even harder to understand. Are you all refering this 3 strike rule to the submission of your e-qip that is necessary to fill out before you even take your poly?

Or are you talking about once you pass the poly and a background investigator starts working on your case you need to keep making corrections to your e-qip in the course of the investigation?

Both scenarios are hard to believe or understand, but the second scenario is much more understandable then the first which has you completing a polygraph and medical follow ups etc knowing you are getting bounced later.

One translates into largely clerical errors because of misunderstanding instructions. The other translates into a pattern of discrepancies between what the investigator finds and what you put down, as innocent as it may be.

Comment

• Well I already had 2 corrections pre-poly. Still waiting on BI contact though. Both corrections were for small stuff. I forgot to check a box on one of them. And my date was incorrect on another one.

Comment

• Ok. I'm already a fed so anytime I apply for an 1811 gig I usually just have to update it real quick and submit it. This was the case in November 2015. I got the email. Updated it. Sent it in and heard from my investigator to meet for the background interview Nov. We met and it seemed to go well. I do not have a squeaky clean background by any means I made my mistakes when I was 19-20. I am now 31 and have been squeaky clean for 11 years, I have been a BP agent for just over 3 years with a bachelors and masters, no prior military. For the next several months until April I would hear from someone investigating my background at various steps to address things in my background. Additional information regarding circumstances they had more questions about or discrepencies they wanted explanations for. This happened about 3-4 times. I will stress I wasn't correcting anything it was all additional requests for information and I'd write a reply and send it back asap. I thought I was as good as done. It took ten months to receive my medical clearance. I received it in July then received my preference sheet Sept 13th 2016. Every circumstance is different I guess. I know I have a preference sheet but it's been quiet for a while and being a government employee already I always expect the worst and I'll believe it when I'm driving into fletc if I'm lucky enough for that to happen and receive the call. Nothing is set in stone.
        Last edited by AL_NERI; 10-30-2016, 12:43 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by smith6cr View Post
          Well I already had 2 corrections pre-poly. Still waiting on BI contact though. Both corrections were for small stuff. I forgot to check a box on one of them. And my date was incorrect on another one.
          Same boat here. I had weird corrections to make like a request that was contrary to the E-qip site. I have done my best to forget about this process. With FLETC in disarray, budget issues, and a pending administration change, my hopes are low.

Comment

• Originally posted by smokinghole View Post
            With FLETC in disarray, budget issues, and a pending administration change, my hopes are low.
            My point exactly. I'm not holding my breath.

Comment

• There may be a difference between a correction and something that requires further explanation. We may never know, but I agree, cut someone during the BI and not after if the 3 strike thing is actually a rule. Sounds silly to me. Getting the eqip 100% on your first go around say two things to me: 1. You're lucky 2. You have little work experience and have only lived in a few places. Living, working, conducting details, attending FLETC and or other training all requires a fair amount of time in eqip and the people over recruiting may want further information that you as the applicant may not have realized.

The best thing to do is fill everything out to the best of your ability and leave nothing to question. If you think they may not understand something then I can guarantee you that they will ask for more information. When your 5 year background comes up then you can be lazy at that point. You will still have to sign all those papers over and over again so that gets to be a hassle.

Everyone have a nice weekend.

Comment

• I received notice to fix my equip yesterday. At least its some movement (OCT 15 applicant).

Comment

• Originally posted by chapmanp1 View Post
                  I received notice to fix my equip yesterday. At least its some movement (OCT 15 applicant).
                  How did you receive notice, System email?

Did the request require you log back into equip?

Comment

• I received an email from the PSB intake team on my personal email account. The email contained the sections that I needed to provide explanations, additional names etc. I had to log back on to the eqip system and make the changes.

Also, I had to go back and answer ALL of the yes/no questions again. ALL of the yes/no to include the questions listed within each entry of each section. If you have to make corrections, allow yourself at least an hour or so (if not more) to make changes. You have to go back through the entire eqip and validate everything again.

Comment

• To the people who commented earlier about being required to make changes, is this how you completed the request?

Comment

• Originally posted by buddy_hamilton View Post
                        To the people who commented earlier about being required to make changes, is this how you completed the request?

Yep, just like post #9714

Comment

• Yes. Mine was within hours of submitting my eqip though.

Comment

• Congrats to those getting the call!

Comment

• Originally posted by FD2FED1977 View Post
                              Congrats to those getting the call!
                              Info?

Comment

• Originally posted by AL_NERI View Post

Info?
                                Some people are getting phone calls, but it is not up to me to list who those people are.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9611 users online. 362 members and 9249 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X