Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I also recieved email for the PT test.

Comment

• I received the email for PT test. I am getting deployed and will have to miss it. Good luck to all taking it soon!

Comment

• For those of you getting the PTT notifications, what region of the Country are you in? I'm in Midwest and haven't received one. Maybe they're sending them out in groups?

Comment

• I'm NE, and I know someone SE who rec'd theirs.

Comment

• I am one of those people who received the thin letter after receiving med clearance. It happened a couple weeks ago and I am still in shock. The email came 2 days after my med clearance. I know of one other that had the same thing happen within the past 2 weeks as well and that person already has a TS clearance. I talked to my BI, and he was almost as shocked as I am. He told me I was one of the most impressive applicants he'd reviewed. I spoke to another individual who had a similar outcome this past March, and he was told by his local POC that if you have to make more than 3 corrections to your SF86 form, you are automatically out. I don't know if this is true, but I did have to make exactly 3. One of which was as simple as correcting a date.

Anyways, just thought I'd chime in about my experience since people have been asking. Still hoping for some sort of answer as to why.

Comment

• Originally posted by mizzsix View Post
              I am one of those people who received the thin letter after receiving med clearance. It happened a couple weeks ago and I am still in shock. The email came 2 days after my med clearance. I know of one other that had the same thing happen within the past 2 weeks as well and that person already has a TS clearance. I talked to my BI, and he was almost as shocked as I am. He told me I was one of the most impressive applicants he'd reviewed. I spoke to another individual who had a similar outcome this past March, and he was told by his local POC that if you have to make more than 3 corrections to your SF86 form, you are automatically out. I don't know if this is true, but I did have to make exactly 3. One of which was as simple as correcting a date.

Anyways, just thought I'd chime in about my experience since people have been asking. Still hoping for some sort of answer as to why.
              Do you mean you had to submit you eqip 3 separate times? Or do you mean that when you had to resubmit your eqip it was because you had 3 errors in it.

Comment

• Originally posted by obuck34 View Post

Do you mean you had to submit you eqip 3 separate times? Or do you mean that when you had to resubmit your eqip it was because you had 3 errors in it.
                I had to resubmit my eqip once with 3 corrections

Comment

• Originally posted by mizzsix View Post

I had to resubmit my eqip once with 3 corrections
                  Whew just looked at my email from psb and I only had to make two corrections. That's so weird though, sorry to hear.

Comment

• This doesn't make sense to me and I'm not sure if I believe that is the sole reason why from the agency.

I had to resubmit mine 2 times. Once to explain 4 things in my employment (while a FED) and another due to ATF wanting an explanation of my duty station while I was at FLETC and employed by ATF... Go figure. Also, I was asked to delete some things, but in total it was two submissions. I've never heard of this "3 error" rule and this isn't my first go around with the FED. Since eqip makes you answer dates and yes and no questions again every time then it is easy to over look something.

Sorry to hear that for you.
                    Last edited by NC_Mtnman ; 10-29-2016, 03:51 PM.

Comment

• I'm not sure I believe it either. I find it very hard to believe. But at the same time, I have no other possible explanations. I submitted an FOIA but I know they are at least 7 months back logged.

Comment

• That sucks, really sorry to hear that. Keep applying to other 1811 spots.

Comment

• Not sure about the three correction rule, but, think about it this way. With so many people processing, some have no hang ups on their paperwork and will sail through, thus not slowing down the overall process. But those that are requiring corrections, resubmitting, etc. will slow down the overall process and therefore would probably just be DQ'd after a certain amount of "hey need you to correct a,b, c".

Comment

• If you were in need of another correction I could see the cutting of losses and moving on of the agency. But if it is your three+ corrections boot you only after completeing the poly and med clearance... come on. Save us the time and just drop us after the third correction and save us both time, energy and frustration.

Comment

• I also had to make multiple corrections and my Investigator had to request a 1 month extension to complete everything. I believe there were more that 3 required corrections on my eqip along with requests to provide supplemental info. Maybe the 3 strike rule is correct and we will see a pattern here soon ; but it's hard for me to believe as well, considering the agency would then go on to pay the $ to have a BI done in the first place. Sounds like a waste of time and $. Everyone processes at different rates, but who knows..

Comment

• Maybe there are applicants who can debunk or confirm this by providing insight into whether they received a preference sheet / made it through and had or did not have to make 3 corrections.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 11882 users online. 446 members and 11436 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X