X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Radio Raheem View Post

Cool! I was getting a little nervous.

index.jpg
    Amen!happy to hear calls/emails are going out for the PFT. Let's get that ball rolling!

Comment

• Has anyone ever heard of someone receiving a medical clearance post poly, post background and then not receiving a pref sheet?

Comment

• Originally posted by buddy_hamilton View Post
        Has anyone ever heard of someone receiving a medical clearance post poly, post background and then not receiving a pref sheet?
        A guy posted in March that he got thin letter after med clearance

https://forum.officer.com/forum/empl...08#post5470308

Comment

• Originally posted by ti2015 View Post

A guy posted in March that he got thin letter after med clearance

https://forum.officer.com/forum/empl...08#post5470308

Surely there had to be some kind of serious issue for that to happen right? Seems odd they would invest that much time in an applicant to just axe them at the end.

Comment

• Thanks for the quick reply.

Is there a "hiring panel" during this process that reviews everything after all of the steps have been completed and makes the final decision?

Comment

• I second ti. That person was the only one in the whole forum I ever remember seeing. It had me quite nervous for a bit.

Comment

• Originally posted by buddy_hamilton View Post
                Has anyone ever heard of someone receiving a medical clearance post poly, post background and then not receiving a pref sheet?
                I know of two others that recently received thin letters after receiving a medical clearance and having BI completed for several months. It happens more than we realize which is unfortunate and unsettling.

Comment

• Originally posted by gloveandco04 View Post

I know of two others that recently received thin letters after receiving a medical clearance and having BI completed for several months. It happens more than we realize which is unfortunate and unsettling.
                  They didn't receive pref sheets correct?

Comment

• I cant speak to the instances Glove and others have brought up regarding a thin letter post everything but "the call."

I can say that in the instances I have heard of people getting thin lettered after med clearance, etc., it was because a discrepancy was found between answer given in e-qip, the poly, any meeting with background investigator and what the investigation found.

"But my investigator said my investigation was done." This is most likely a misunderstanding of what was said. Your BI may be done collecting info off what you provided, may have sent your info for adjudication, yadda yadda yadda. But generally getting a clearance means signing a bunch of stuff when you get it. And they take a while. Hence your agreement to take the job without waiting for the final determination first.

The average hire is probably graduated from training and in a field office a while
                    before they truly get their clearance.

At least that was the case with my current agency. Even if they were "done", things can always be brought to their attention later. As for the people who had their clearance transfer over... I have no idea what could happen there.

Any current ATF wanna chime in and settle us down?

Comment

• Originally posted by 31Ford View Post
                      I cant speak to the instances Glove and others have brought up regarding a thin letter post everything but "the call."

I can say that in the instances I have heard of people getting thin lettered after med clearance, etc., it was because a discrepancy was found between answer given in e-qip, the poly, any meeting with background investigator and what the investigation found.

"But my investigator said my investigation was done." This is most likely a misunderstanding of what was said. Your BI may be done collecting info off what you provided, may have sent your info for adjudication, yadda yadda yadda. But generally getting a clearance means signing a bunch of stuff when you get it. And they take a while. Hence your agreement to take the job without waiting for the final determination first.

The average hire is probably graduated from training and in a field office a while
                      before they truly get their clearance.

At least that was the case with my current agency. Even if they were "done", things can always be brought to their attention later. As for the people who had their clearance transfer over... I have no idea what could happen there.

Any current ATF wanna chime in and settle us down?
                      You are pretty much on point. I received my "top secret clearance" two weeks before leaving FLETC. I'm confident that when you receive a preference sheet you are pretty much cleared for hire and they are placing folks in offices.

Medical clearance isn't the end of the road. We all know "the call" is. I would say the "revised preference sheet" is that street sign that says "end of the road 1000 feet ahead".

Glad to see the process is moving forward for folks taking the agility test. Hopefully this is a positive sign for everyone else on the shelf. Still the best job going....(in case anyone was wondering).

Comment

• "Medical clearance isn't the end of the road. We all know "the call" is. I would say the "revised preference sheet" is that street sign that says "end of the road 1000 feet ahead"."

Unless of course a hurricane eliminates the road conditions

but.. your replies always make those of us waiting feel at ease so thanks!

Comment

• With respect to the two instances I am referring to, neither applicant had a preference sheet. Their BI was sent in for adjudication as the others have clarified and they also had a med clearance in hand.

Comment

• I received the email confirmation this afternoon regarding ptt. Hopefully y'all are getting them as well! One step closer for us!!

Comment

• Anyone that applied in the St. Paul/Minneapolis office get a letter for PTT yet?

Comment

• Originally posted by AL_NERI View Post
                                "Medical clearance isn't the end of the road. We all know "the call" is. I would say the "revised preference sheet" is that street sign that says "end of the road 1000 feet ahead"."

Unless of course a hurricane eliminates the road conditions

but.. your replies always make those of us waiting feel at ease so thanks!
                                Stay positive. Just because a hurricane slowed things down doesn't mean they're going to say "let's scrap the whole process".

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5071 users online. 287 members and 4784 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X