Comment

• AL_NERI
      Forum Member
      • Dec 2015

Comment

• EDDk9-21
        Forum Member
        • Jan 2014

I got word from my agency rep that the students who are from my agency will be heading back to FLETC Sunday and starting up their UPTP class Monday the 24th. They have 5 weeks left so that shouldn't interrupt much. I also found out that they don't plan to push back any basic classes set for end of November on. But he did say that isn't a 100% so hoping that goes as planned. Now for the end of October early November basic classes he wasn't sure about. He said they could be pushed back and just start a few weeks later. Now that was just some speculation on his part so still trying to find out what I can. I'll try and get some more info as it comes to relay to you guys on the plan for FLETC.
        Last edited by EDDk9-21; 10-18-2016, 05:01 AM.

Comment

• AL_NERI
          Forum Member
          • Dec 2015

Thanks EDD. The info is very much appreciated.

Comment

• EDDk9-21
            Forum Member
            • Jan 2014

No problem. Just trying to do what I can while I sit on the sidelines waiting to head in.

Comment

• SwampD
              Forum Member
              • Jan 2016

Hey all. New to the forum. Great wealth of knowledge on here. Thanks for sharing.

Comment

• phnx7
                Forum Member
                • Dec 2015

It's definitely good to see people moving forward!!

Comment

• EDDk9-21
                  Forum Member
                  • Jan 2014

It's getting pretty quiet these days on here. Anyone hearing anything? Still no new update regarding FLETC from my contact other than what was last posted.

Comment

• AL_NERI
                    Forum Member
                    • Dec 2015

Nothing at all, it's eerie. Wouldve thought some calls would've gone out, this is the longest I have seen on here between sheets and calls or we'd at least get some word so we weren't in the dark if lucky enough to be slotted for a class. I do know that the ATF trainees currently in Glynco were sent back to their corresponding field offices to do clerical work until they are told to report back. Another buddy of mine who is in the process has a best friend in the Detroit field office that told me the trainee info. My buddy is going to ask him to keep him posted on when the trainees hear to report back.

Comment

• P.K. Highsmith
                      Forum Member
                      • Feb 2008

I wouldn't stress at all about the current radio silence. "The Call" is not going to go out until the dates for the next CITP are set in stone. I would imagine that FLETC is still recuperating from the hurricane and nothing is set in stone right now. ATF doesn't want to get sued for giving someone a start date, and then not starting them. They also don't want to be paying a bunch of trainees who aren't training. What would happen if you got the call, gave notice to your current job, and then classes got pushed back 1-2 months? Or cancelled? The calls will go out when the class date is definite. Sounds like FLETC will be back online soon.

Comment

• pess003
                        Forum Member
                        • Jul 2013

You do have to realize not everyone getting "The Call" is on this forum. So just because only a few on here got "The Call" many more offline have gotten the call too. They are many other classes coming up so like P.K. stated once things settle down at FLETC I'm sure other calls will go out. Right now, they best thing to do is distract yourself with other stuff before you drive yourself insane hoping every day you'll get a call.

Comment

• TXFED
                          Forum Member
                          • Oct 2014

Im removing myself from the process after getting the medical review sheet today. Its completely ridiculous. The doctor at the screening center asked me if I ever had back pain. Umm yes I said, Im on a full time Tactical team who responds with 60-80lbs of gear daily. So yea some days Im a little sore...well that translates into going to see an orthopedic doctor and having countless tests done for neurological, mobility and MMI tests for a problem that doesnt exist, also they need three exams!!! My primary doctor was astounded when I called him to see if he could get me an appt to see an othro. He said I cant refer you to a doctor for a problem that doesn't exist. Nor will I pay for one out of pocket. Also if you ever had lasik you will need to see an eye doctor for the same exam they give you during the med screening. (Rant/vent over)

Good luck to everyone.

Comment

• gloveandco04
                            Forum Member
                            • Mar 2014

Can anyone share any insight on "the 3 strike rule?" I'm getting 3rd hand info about the eqip process. Specifically, that if an applicant is required to make 3 or more corrections on their eqip, etc then they will get tossed out. Can anyone confirm or debunk this? I received my medical clearance months ago and been waiting for word since. And yes, I had to make more than 3 corrections on my eqip. Thanks.

Comment

• AL_NERI
                              Forum Member
                              • Dec 2015

[QUOTE=TXFED;n6396219]Im removing myself from the process after getting the medical review sheet today. Its completely ridiculous. The doctor at the screening center asked me if I ever had back pain. Umm yes I said, Im on a full time Tactical team who responds with 60-80lbs of gear daily. So yea some days Im a little sore...well that translates into going to see an orthopedic doctor and having countless tests done for neurological, mobility and MMI tests for a problem that doesnt exist, also they need three exams!!! My primary doctor was astounded when I called him to see if he could get me an appt to see an othro. He said I cant refer you to a doctor for a problem that doesn't exist. Nor will I pay for one out of pocket. Also if you ever had lasik you will need to see an eye doctor for the same exam they give you during the med screening. (Rant/vent over)

Good luck to everyone.[/QUOTE

For the back pain issue. It's up to you. For the LASIK, it isn't the same eye exam. It's a separate more in depth exam that utilizes instruments to check for lesions and scar tissue (any negative effect from surgery) that your common eye center and medical checkup office does not have. Yes, I had LASIK and yes had to pay out of pocket to get my eyes checked again at a local laser eye center and waited 10months to receive my med clearance after follow up.

Comment

• Celo182
                                Forum Member
                                • Jul 2016

Originally posted by smokinghole
                                It can't be that bad....

Artesia reallllly is that bad. Place is a dump. Did finally receive my equip clearance today, hopefully will get my poly scheduled soon.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 20965 users online. 60 members and 20905 guests.

Most users ever online was 185,715 at 05:04 PM on 12-04-2023.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...