Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2012 ATF Special Agent Announcement

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Poly recently completed. Waiting on med clearance. Oct 2015 Applicant.

    Comment


    • Here's to Tuesday. Federal holiday tomorrow.

      Comment


      • Originally posted by LEO1811 View Post
        Poly recently completed. Waiting on med clearance. Oct 2015 Applicant.
        Anyone else still waiting on poly...?

        Comment


        • Fyi, fletc is shut down indefinitely. 2 weeks minimum but probably longer so there is likely to be a ripple effect on hiring as nobody knows when training will resume

          Comment


          • deleted.....
            Last edited by AL_NERI; 10-09-2016, 10:15 PM.

            Comment


            • Well prob another week with no call, but hurricanes do suck and my prayers are with those effected. Where I lived in fl 2 hours south of glynco was pretty much wiped off the earth.
              Last edited by AL_NERI; 10-09-2016, 08:53 PM.

              Comment


              • Got this off the website "Training at Glynco is anticipated to be down for several weeks and is canceled indefinitely." So much for getting a call anytime soon.
                Last edited by AL_NERI; 10-10-2016, 12:04 AM.

                Comment


                • So what are the chances they will absorb the down time with 48 person classes?

                  I know recovery can take a long time. It's usually roads and other infrastructure not so much the Gov buildings since they're usually lead paint covered reinforced concrete. I left FL for Iraq before a hurricane wrecked the panhandle and took out the I-10 bridge east of Pensacola. That rebuild took 2-3 years, I think that was hurricane Charlie. Then I was ride out and beach clearing crew for hurricane Dennis in 2005 I think.

                  Comment


                  • What are the chances they even call us now? Why would they wait and still call us rather than just have an announcement next year like they are supposed to?

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by AL_NERI View Post
                      What are the chances they even call us now? Why would they wait and still call us rather than just have an announcement next year like they are supposed to?
                      I really doubt they they are going scrap all the vetted applicants just waiting on an offer because a hurricane shut FLETC down for a few weeks, and pushed back the training schedule. Does it messs things up? Absolutely. But this affects all 90 some agencies that are pushing people through FLETC. They'll get it figured out, stay positive.

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by SPQR 2613 View Post

                        I really doubt they they are going scrap all the vetted applicants just waiting on an offer because a hurricane shut FLETC down for a few weeks, and pushed back the training schedule. Does it messs things up? Absolutely. But this affects all 90 some agencies that are pushing people through FLETC. They'll get it figured out, stay positive.
                        Thanks for the encouragement. Just stressing it because so close now.

                        Comment


                        • Artesia, NM has capacity. From 9/11 to about early 2008, the multiple Fletc locations ran 6 days a week. The hurricane sure didnt move your call up any, but if it pushed it back, it wont be by too much. They find ways.

                          As for your worry that another agency that doesn't use Fletc for training calls you first... one in the hand...

                          Comment


                          • ::Books flight home for Thanksgiving:: haha

                            Comment


                            • I was in artesia for the last shutdown. That was fun..... Always something it seems. Hence my pessimism.

                              Comment


                              • Hahaha on a side note I was looking forward to glynco. I was hoping to never go back to artesia for the rest of my life hahaha. Those who have been will understand.

                                Comment

                                MR300x250 Tablet

                                Collapse

                                What's Going On

                                Collapse

                                There are currently 8515 users online. 385 members and 8130 guests.

                                Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

                                Welcome Ad

                                Collapse
                                Working...
                                X