300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by HercBadge View Post
    I took the test in August and received the offer in April the following year. This happened a couple years ago. To all be patient. The need of the agency and special circumstances of applicants will control the speed of the process. For some it may flow quicker than others. If they request you something, then the ball is on you. Don't slow the process by not being ready. You are all embarking in a career field where patience, sense of urgency and expectation of changes of plans are the norm. One day you may show to work thinking you will do something and end up doing something completely different. You will not be disappointed, this job is the best. Best of luck to all.
    9 months. Wow I wish. I'm on my 22nd but two years seems about right currently. Better than border patrol. That took me 3 years and I was on the quicker side haha.

Comment

• Originally posted by AL_NERI View Post
      9 months. Wow I wish. I'm on my 22nd but two years seems about right currently. Better than border patrol. That took me 3 years and I was on the quicker side haha.
      3 years to get into the patrol?? That sucks, I took 6 months. That's officially the longest I have heard anyone taking.

Comment

• Sorry if this has been answered before, but is the only way to apply to ATF these days through Schedule B? I talked to a recruiter a year ago and gave him all the info needed to send to HQ. He said if they want me, I'd get an email for a link to apply. Never heard anything. I applied back in 2007, passed everything up until the poly (my last step). "Failed" the poly and got the no thanks letter. I've been an LEO for 5 years now, currently in background with USSS. Any help you guys have would be great. Thanks!

Comment

• Originally posted by Celo182 View Post
          3 years to get into the patrol?? That sucks, I took 6 months. That's officially the longest I have heard anyone taking.
          Well, I know of about 5 classes full of agents that would disagree. When I went through the Academy in 2013 almost everyone there was 3 years or longer. I am sure there are a couple quick ones in there but I came in after the freeze and with mandatory poly's for all. I know for sure out of the 50 in my class no one was quicker than 3 years in fact most were longer. One was 7 years. Some were 5 years.
          Last edited by AL_NERI; 09-05-2016, 01:12 AM.

Comment

• 2012 ATF Special Agent Announcement

Originally posted by AL_NERI View Post
            Well, I know of about 5 classes full of agents that would disagree. When I went through the Academy in 2013 almost everyone there was 3 years or longer. I am sure there are a couple quick ones in there but I came in after the freeze and with mandatory poly's for all. I know for sure out of the 50 in my class no one was quicker than 3 years in fact most were longer. One was 7 years. Some were 5 years.
            Really? The first classes were in sept 2012, April 2013, July 2013, and September 2013. The first 2 classes were VRA with maybe 1-2 non-vets under schedule B. Most who applied were hired within a year. When schedule B started in July 2013, all had to reapply. I was supposed to be in the 2012 class but was bumped to the first class in 2013. We waited 13-14 months to be hired. I believe if you could counted the hiring list ATF threw out, maybe people waited 3 years, but it was a different process.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
            Last edited by UCLA1998; 09-05-2016, 02:13 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mtn hkr View Post
              Sorry if this has been answered before, but is the only way to apply to ATF these days through Schedule B? I talked to a recruiter a year ago and gave him all the info needed to send to HQ. He said if they want me, I'd get an email for a link to apply. Never heard anything. I applied back in 2007, passed everything up until the poly (my last step). "Failed" the poly and got the no thanks letter. I've been an LEO for 5 years now, currently in background with USSS. Any help you guys have would be great. Thanks!
              This is why schedule B is limited and shouldn't be used long term. ATF should go back to USAJOBS announcements.

Comment

• Can any current ATF 1811s chime in on the likelihood of current schedule B applicants being told to start over and reapply when ATF goes back to the old way of hiring?

With the rumor that the last schedule B crop of applicants has started the hiring process I am interested in where the cut off, if any, would be for people done with the process.

Originally posted by UCLA1998 View Post
                Really? The first classes were in sept 2012, April 2013, July 2013, and September 2013. The first 2 classes were VRA with maybe 1-2 non-vets under schedule B. Most who applied were hired within a year. When schedule B started in July 2013, all had to reapply. I was supposed to be in the 2012 class but was bumped to the first class in 2013. We waited 13-14 months to be hired. I believe if you could counted the hiring list ATF threw out, maybe people waited 3 years, but it was a different process.

Comment

• Originally posted by UCLA1998 View Post

I think he was referring to Border Patrol Agents' hiring timelines not ATF.

Sent from my Mystical Ãœberphone

Comment

• Originally posted by 31Ford View Post
                    Can any current ATF 1811s chime in on the likelihood of current schedule B applicants being told to start over and reapply when ATF goes back to the old way of hiring?

With the rumor that the last schedule B crop of applicants has started the hiring process I am interested in where the cut off, if any, would be for people done with the process.
                    This worries me as well. As far as I know I've finished everything and waiting for pref sheet.

Comment

• Originally posted by 31Ford View Post
                      Can any current ATF 1811s chime in on the likelihood of current schedule B applicants being told to start over and reapply when ATF goes back to the old way of hiring?

No one is going to be able to tell you with any amount of certainty. If you are post poly, you should feel pretty good about not having to re-apply, IF classes keep rolling. The further back in the process you are, the higher the likelihood you may have to re-apply. But there are so many factors that can effect this, it is impossible to say.

Comment

• If final calls typically go out 3-6 weeks prior to start date I would imagine preference sheets should be going out this week or next.

Just breaking silence....

Comment

• Originally posted by CRT22 View Post
                          If final calls typically go out 3-6 weeks prior to start date I would imagine preference sheets should be going out this week or next.

Just breaking silence....
                          Hope there is truth to that rumor of a left over FY 2016 class scheduled in OCT as said by someone on a prior post.

Comment

• Originally posted by AL_NERI View Post
                            This worries me as well. As far as I know I've finished everything and waiting for pref sheet.
                            Dude EVERYTHING worries you!

Comment

• For those waiting for PTT, I was told they are preparing to administer it at this time. October time frame, which is a huge window and can change at any time. I know it's not much but it's something to show we're not forgotten and they are pushing forward with this last group that took the exam. Not sure when applicants will be notified to schedule theirs but it will be coming up soon so keep at it and good luck!

Also I'm in NY so I can't speak for all FOs but I'm sure they are all on the same track. Notices will vary.
                              Last edited by phnx7; 09-07-2016, 10:40 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by bayranger View Post
                                Dude EVERYTHING worries you!

Mr. Worry.jpg
                                OUT!!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6597 users online. 273 members and 6324 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X