Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • duc888
    Forum Member
    • Nov 2015

Oct class would be left over from fy16. class 1607. At least that is what I was told.

Comment

• EOD3576
      Forum Member
      • Apr 2015

I received a medical update email last week, has anyone received one recently? I guess because it's been over a year since my physical.

Comment

• AL_NERI
        Forum Member
        • Dec 2015

Originally posted by EOD3576
        I received a medical update email last week, has anyone received one recently? I guess because it's been over a year since my physical.
        I must be up for one too even though I just got my clearance. I wonder if they have to re clear it and you fall back off the shelf again if you are indeed on said shelf waiting. What did it say? Hopefully it doesn't push people back that are already done and would be offered soon.

Comment

• nazzy
          Forum Member
          • Mar 2015

Just so I'm understanding this twilight zone scenario: you received your medical clearance months ago, but now you have to do a medical follow-up?

Comment

• EOD3576
            Forum Member
            • Apr 2015

Originally posted by n***y
            Just so I'm understanding this twilight zone scenario: you received your medical clearance months ago, but now you have to do a medical follow-up?
            Medical (no follow ups) - July 2015
            Medical Clearance - April 2016
            Medical Update - August 2016

It wasn't a medical follow up, it was a medical update email basically to make sure of no recent surgeries, conditions, hospital visits, etc. Only a few pages and no doctor visit required. I've just never heard of anyone mentioning it on this forum before.

Comment

• AL_NERI
              Forum Member
              • Dec 2015

It wasn't a medical follow up, it was a medical update email basically to make sure of no recent surgeries, conditions, hospital visits, etc. Only a few pages and no doctor visit required. I've just never heard of anyone mentioning it on this forum before.
              Good. You scared me. Must mean you are close to your preference sheet. I just got my clearance 845 hours 4 min and 47 seconds ago. So I probably won't get a medical update email yet.

Comment

• Zulu101
                Forum Member
                • Apr 2016

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk
                Last edited by Zulu101; 09-19-2016, 08:23 PM.

Comment

• nazzy
                  Forum Member
                  • Mar 2015

Gotcha. My faith in this process has never wavered, so I was a bit perturbed to see that perhaps there was a hangup this far along in this seemingly seamless process. Glad I was wrong.

Comment

• nazzy
                    Forum Member
                    • Mar 2015

Gotcha. My faith in this process has never wavered, so I was a bit perturbed to see that perhaps there was a hangup this far along in this seemingly seamless process. Glad I was wrong.

Comment

• EDDk9-21
                      Forum Member
                      • Jan 2014

Originally posted by Zulu101
                      Has anyone received preference sheet? If history repeats, I believe this week is when preference sheets should arrive.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk
                      I have not received a sheet yet but do believe they are and will be going out around this time

Comment

• AL_NERI
                        Forum Member
                        • Dec 2015

Originally posted by EDDk9-21
                        I have not received a sheet yet but do believe they are and will be going out around this time
                        I was thinking maybe next week.

Comment

• FD2FED1977
                          Forum Member
                          • Jul 2009

Look at it this way guys.....those that are getting medical follow-up requests, take it as a good sign. You're still in the pipe. If you feel "bothered" because after a year of being medically vetted you're being asked for a follow-up, understand that A LOT can happen in a years time.

Hang in there. Like I have said before, there are more and more folks being vetted for hire, and as class sizes reduce to 24 from 48, there will be more folks on the shelf.

Comment

• EOD3576
                            Forum Member
                            • Apr 2015

I totally understand the reason for the medical update and definitely wasn't bothered. I also considered it a good sign.

Comment

• ti2015
                              Forum Member
                              • Dec 2015

Originally posted by FD2FED1977
                              A LOT can happen in a years time.
                              "You're still not a felon, right?"
                              "Yeah. Basically."
                              "What do you mean, 'basically?'"
                              "Well, I got hooked a couple weeks after my BI wrapped up, my lawyer did his black magic, speedy trial expired so the judge made the DA dismiss the charges, then you guys called. So I'm not a convicted felon."

Comment

• Lefty_47
                                Forum Member
                                • Aug 2006

So this may be a dumb question but I've put it off for several months because I think I know the answer.

I took the PT test in April. I had the flu that week and did not pass the run. With my time and my age I would've passed it if I took it next year but yes I should've been ready to run that test half dead if need be. My question is what is the likelihood of getting back into the process again? Is it a total lost cause now since I had my one chance or is there some possibility at another shot.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 17913 users online. 18 members and 17895 guests.

Most users ever online was 185,715 at 05:04 PM on 12-04-2023.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...