X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Lawlor View Post
    Pretty sure he was joking. [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Hahahahahah yes. Love it. At least someone got it.

Comment

• Originally posted by duc888 View Post
      This was originally posted by ti , then updated by mizzsixx. I am re-posting in case new people would like to update with their info.

Based on the post by ti2015 a while back (and somewhat updated):

Oct 14
      NJLeo15 - Received preference sheet
      CRT22 - Received preference sheet
      AL_NERI - Awaiting preference sheet
      One8one14hire – Offered job – deferred to later academy
      NJFIRSTCLASS_09 - Awaiting preference sheet
      EOD3576 - Awaiting preference sheet
      EDDk9-21 - Awaiting preference sheet
      Firecop2653 - Awaiting preference sheet
      n***y - Awaiting med clearance
      Grim9983 – Awaiting preference sheet
      leolax11 - Awaiting preference sheet

April 15
      Aardvark - Awaiting med clearance
      313Police - Awaiting med clearance
      Rick Nelson 12 - Awaiting poly
      gloveandco04 - Awaiting preference sheet
      RR5 - Awaiting preference sheet
      mpfeddie - Awaiting med clearance
      duc888 – Awaiting preference sheet
      NC_Mtnman - Received FedEx
      1811hopefull - Awaiting FedEx
      CLOS35 - Completed poly
      Viking14 - Awaiting FedEx
      rjs - Awaiting FedEx
      dhutch - Awaiting poly
      mizzsix – Awaiting med clearance
      31Ford - Completed med follow up
      Cage123 - Awaiting med clearance
      mih pihsrow - Awaiting med clearance
      ti2015 - Awaiting med clearance
      Roldi – Awaiting preference sheet
      RR82 – Awaiting background

Last edited by mizzsix; 08-02-2016 at 03:46 PM.
      I can tell you n***y is now waiting on preference sheet. He's not on here much so he'll probably miss your post.

Sent from my Mystical Ãœberphone

Comment

• Can anyone shed some light on the age requirement and when it starts? I didn't think it was going to become an issue but after waiting 2 yrs it is. I'm an oct 14 applicant and cleared medical. I am only waiting on preference sheet. The problem is I turn 37 in a few months. Any advice would be appreciated

Comment

• 2012 ATF Special Agent Announcement

Originally posted by Greco View Post
          Can anyone shed some light on the age requirement and when it starts? I didn't think it was going to become an issue but after waiting 2 yrs it is. I'm an oct 14 applicant and cleared medical. I am only waiting on preference sheet. The problem is I turn 37 in a few months. Any advice would be appreciated
          Have to be hired before your 37 birthday. Only age waiver is for military veterans. Really no advice, you could call ATF and let them know your about to age out.

Comment

• Originally posted by UCLA1998 View Post
            Have to be hired before your 37 birthday. Only age waiver is for military veterans. Really no advice, you could call ATF and let them know your about to age out.

Or prior federal Leo.

"Applicants must be at least 21 years of age and not older than 36 at the time of appointment. In accordance with Public Law 100-238, this position is covered under law enforcement retirement provisions; therefore, candidates must be appointed before reaching their 37th birthday unless they are a preference eligible veteran OR presently serve or have previously served in a Federal civilian law enforcement retirement-covered position (after subtracting the years/months of prior Federal service worked in a primary law enforcement position, applicants must be less than 37 years of age). The maximum entry age limit was established under the age discrimination prohibitions contained in Section 15 of the Age Discrimination and Employment Act."
            Last edited by AL_NERI; 08-21-2016, 03:38 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by AL_NERI View Post
              And prior federal Leo.
              That's not a waiver if your prior fed 6c. Your already in the 6c system so your good.

Comment

• Yeah I was going to say if he was prior FLEO in 6c coverage already he probably wouldn't have to ask about max hiring age.

Sent from my Mystical Ãœberphone

Comment

• Thanks for the clarification. I'm not prior Fed Leo or military. So I'm guessing if I don't hear something soon I'm up the creek. Guess I was hoping someone would say that I'm good since I received conditional before 37

Comment

• Originally posted by Greco View Post
                    Can anyone shed some light on the age requirement and when it starts? I didn't think it was going to become an issue but after waiting 2 yrs it is. I'm an oct 14 applicant and cleared medical. I am only waiting on preference sheet. The problem is I turn 37 in a few months. Any advice would be appreciated
                    Wouldn't hurt to call and just let them know you're about to age out. Hate for ATF to spend alllllllll that money on you just to have you fall off the shelf.

Comment

• Thanks for the tip, I called after I received the message clearance. I will give them another call. My only hope is for an October class. I will age out in late November.

Comment

• I just heard that the first class for fy17 starts in Nov. The last class for fy16 starts in Oct. Apparently the way they scheduled and funded the classes the last fy16 happens to start in fy17
                        Last edited by duc888; 08-22-2016, 09:46 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by duc888 View Post
                          I just heard that the first class for fy17 starts in Nov. The last class for fy16 starts in Oct. Apparently the way they scheduled and funded the classes the last fy16 happens to start in fy17
                          That would be great news!

Comment

• Just curious how reliable this info is?

Comment

• The person that told me was at fletc instructing on tdy. I suppose they might have misunderstood information that was given to them but knowing the individual I think it is pretty reliable.

Comment

• The info that was passed on to me included a class in Nov, Dec, Jan, May, and July. Nothing about an October class, but who knows...

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 11153 users online. 420 members and 10733 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X