• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Congrats to the 24 Silent lurkers who got the August call 👀

Comment

• Originally posted by CRT22 View Post
      Congrats to the 24 Silent lurkers who got the August call ������
      Old news. We are looking to the future up in here. Unless the kind ladies in hr feel like calling me last second to fill a spot.

Comment

• Originally posted by UCLA1998 View Post
        You have to have your masters degree prior to the announcement closing to be accessed at GL9 pay. If your a GS11 step 5 as a 1811, OPM should access you at GL9 step 10. If your not 1811, you might not get a GL9 without a master's degree.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
        Yup. I wasn't finished with my masters but they let me use it contingent upon I finished it in a certain time frame. When the conditional offer came I got a 9. DEA on the other hand doesn't do that they gave me a 7.
        Last edited by AL_NERI; 08-11-2016, 12:01 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by CRT22 View Post
          Congrats to the 24 Silent lurkers who got the August call ������
          They can have August, have to line up a few more LEO EOD classes first. Hoping for October.

Comment

• UCLA or F2FED I'm daydreaming and just hypothetically wondering, maybe one of you can answer. If I'm given a 9-10 if I'm lucky enough to get the final call. Will that be the 9-10 on the GL base scale or on the GS scaled that includes locality. In the patrol we just got GL base in the academy I was a GL 7. I heard a rumor it's your field office locality plus leap in the academy so again hypothetically, if I was lucky enough to get the job and land a field office close to nyc in ct like new haven per say. I'd be looking at 93k in the academy with no room and board after factoring in 9-10, locality for that area and leap?

Comment

• Originally posted by AL_NERI View Post
              UCLA or F2FED I'm daydreaming and just hypothetically wondering, maybe one of you can answer. If I'm given a 9-10 if I'm lucky enough to get the final call. Will that be the 9-10 on the GL base scale or on the GS scaled that includes locality. In the patrol we just got GL base in the academy I was a GL 7. I heard a rumor it's your field office locality plus leap in the academy so again hypothetically, if I was lucky enough to get the job and land a field office close to nyc in ct like new haven per say. I'd be looking at 93k in the academy with no room and board after factoring in 9-10, locality for that area and leap?
              It will be GL......GS conversion will be at 11. Your pay will be based on your field office location and not the academy.

Comment

UCLA or F2FED I'm daydreaming and just hypothetically wondering, maybe one of you can answer. If I'm given a 9-10 if I'm lucky enough to get the final call. Will that be the 9-10 on the GL base scale or on the GS scaled that includes locality. In the patrol we just got GL base in the academy I was a GL 7. I heard a rumor it's your field office locality plus leap in the academy so again hypothetically, if I was lucky enough to get the job and land a field office close to nyc in ct like new haven per say. I'd be looking at 93k in the academy with no room and board after factoring in 9-10, locality for that area and leap?
                I was a 9/10 out of bmore so do that math. It's all based on your duty station while in academy

Comment

• Originally posted by bellyer View Post
                  When you receive the FedEx package with forms that need to be signed and returned to them, they also request another copy of your resume at that time. Granted, when you get that FedEx package, you will have also received your Conditional Offer of Employment, which includes the grade that they are offering you.
                  This is true unfortunately. Just to add on, I asked HQ about this because I had just started a new job when invited to apply. The woman I spoke said they have what they have and they don't accept updated resumes. I figured as much. I think I read it in the USA jobs announcement that they don't but it didn't hurt to ask just in case. She was nice about it and said don't worry too much. I can see where it would affect grade but that's when you try and negotiate.
                  Last edited by phnx7; 08-11-2016, 01:30 PM. Reason: unacceptable grammar

Comment

Old news. We are looking to the future up in here. Unless the kind ladies in hr feel like calling me last second to fill a spot.
                    Not sure if the HR people are part of the "silent lurker" group lol... OR are they?

Comment

• Originally posted by USMCjonz View Post
                      I was a 9/10 out of bmore so do that math. It's all based on your duty station while in academy

So take the GL base chart and add the locality percentage?

Comment

• If you're already a FED LEO, will they at least match your base? That's all I'm hoping.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lawlor View Post
                          If you're already a FED LEO, will they at least match your base? That's all I'm hoping.

No pay matching. They go by whichever you qualify as 5/7/9 then that is when the "matching" comes in. The step is determined by your last salary. I'd max out at the 9 because I qualified as a 9 and I'm a 12-1 so I'd get the highest possible step Bc it is still less than my base salary currently.

Comment

• There are a ton of atf classes already going through citp with me down here fyi. Figured I'd share that with you all waiting on an 1811. Also typically no leap but locality is duty statiom while at citp, with the add on, some agencies give leap some dont. I would not count on it

Comment

• Originally posted by TripleH View Post
                              There are a ton of atf classes already going through citp with me down here fyi. Figured I'd share that with you all waiting on an 1811. Also typically no leap but locality is duty statiom while at citp, with the add on, some agencies give leap some dont. I would not count on it
                              So is ATF giving you LEAP for the add on? Any word on the next class date after August?

Comment

• Oct 14 applicant:

July 2015 - Medical follow up sent.
                                Today - Medical clearance received.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5402 users online. 328 members and 5074 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X