300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by StickerShock View Post
    Did the grade for which you're qualified come on your test results? I just see "eligible"

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    No, the grade won't come until you receive a Conditional Offer of Employment, which comes after the PTT and Panel Interview.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bliskin View Post
      For those who have taken the PTT, how do they schedule it? One firm date? Or rather would I be able to request to be put on hold? The reason I ask is I am set to go on TDY to another state soon and don't know how long I will be there for.
      They were super flexible with my group (to a degree). They offered several dates.

Sent from my Mystical Ãœberphone

Comment

• Originally posted by dom1220 View Post
        whats the average (wait)time from the SA written exam to PTT?
        Took me 4 weeks to get the PTT call from finding out I passed exam. Then 2 weeks longer to actual PTT.

Comment

• Originally posted by smokinghole View Post
          Yeah I get it. I guess I will just bite my tongue from here on about the subject. I am happy to get in at a 5 but when I am lead to believe I am eligible for a 7 it's frustrating.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk
          I hear you brother! Im in the middle of getting my Masters in Computer Science. Lots of money to make if I wanted to use my degrees. The ATF at GS-5 will literally cut my current pay in half. Oh well, I would work for free if they let me prove myself! Can't put a price on having your dream job you've wanted all your life.

Comment

• Originally posted by smith6cr View Post
            I hear you brother! Im in the middle of getting my Masters in Computer Science. Lots of money to make if I wanted to use my degrees. The ATF at GS-5 will literally cut my current pay in half. Oh well, I would work for free if they let me prove myself! Can't put a price on having your dream job you've wanted all your life.
            If you are willing to share Smith, I am curious about your background/work experience outside of your degrees. Feel free to PM me if you would prefer. I am wondering what the differentiator is between your background and mine that may have qualified me for a GS-9 and you for a GS-5. I am just a few classes away from my Master's in Cybersecurity and have a bachelor's in Computer Science, but I also have a number of years of work experience, inside and outside the government. I'm wondering if it is work experience that made the difference, rather than degrees.

Comment

• Man, this process is just flying along these days. Polygraph scheduled!

Comment

• Originally posted by bellyer View Post
                If you are willing to share Smith, I am curious about your background/work experience outside of your degrees. Feel free to PM me if you would prefer. I am wondering what the differentiator is between your background and mine that may have qualified me for a GS-9 and you for a GS-5. I am just a few classes away from my Master's in Cybersecurity and have a bachelor's in Computer Science, but I also have a number of years of work experience, inside and outside the government. I'm wondering if it is work experience that made the difference, rather than degrees.
                You qualified as a 9? Do you have an LE/ Investigative background?

Comment

• Originally posted by duc888 View Post
                  You qualified as a 9? Do you have an LE/ Investigative background?
                  A few years of federal law enforcement, a number of years in the Intelligence Community, and a number of years in the private sector. I've got experience doing a bunch of stuff, plus a bachelor's and nearly a master's.

Comment

A few years of federal law enforcement, a number of years in the Intelligence Community, and a number of years in the private sector. I've got experience doing a bunch of stuff, plus a bachelor's and nearly a master's.
                    Well that explains why youre a 9 and Im a 5. LEO experience.

Comment

• Originally posted by smith6cr View Post
                      Well that explains why youre a 9 and Im a 5. LEO experience.
                      Perhaps, but the LE work that I did was not investigative in nature, so I wouldn't have thought it would make that much of a difference. But, yes, the amount of experience that I have was likely factored into the level determination, rather than strictly looking at degree status.

Comment

• Originally posted by bayranger View Post
                        Took me 4 weeks to get the PTT call from finding out I passed exam. Then 2 weeks longer to actual PTT.

Ok good so six weeks to Rocky montage to the max and get in tip top shape.

Deep burn.jpg
                        OUT!!

Comment

Perhaps, but the LE work that I did was not investigative in nature, so I wouldn't have thought it would make that much of a difference. But, yes, the amount of experience that I have was likely factored into the level determination, rather than strictly looking at degree status.
                          So confusing. I have Intel experience and a lot of experience and work with a fed LE agency as non 1811 and I still qualified as a 5

Comment

• Originally posted by duc888 View Post
                            So confusing. I have Intel experience and a lot of experience and work with a fed LE agency as non 1811 and I still qualified as a 5
                            Confusing indeed! You may have said previously, but do you have any degrees? I personally feel that too much emphasis is placed on college educations vice work experience, so it is unfortunate that a possible lack of degree often gets held against someone when applying for jobs. Is a lack of a degree(s) possible the difference?

Comment

• Originally posted by slgolden0 View Post
                              Passed the exam.
                              Me too.
                              OUT!!

Comment

• For those who have already entered into the Background Investigation phase, can you let me know how long after submitting your e-QIP the BI started? I am asking because I have my annual performance review at my current job sometime in the next two weeks and I am really hoping that an investigator doesn't reach out to my boss before I have my review. I would hate for my potential raise and bonus to be impacted negatively by a call/visit to my boss before I get the raise and bonus secured in writing. I know that, as of earlier this week, the e-QIP has been formally accepted by ATF and they noted that they could proceed with my investigation.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9610 users online. 275 members and 9335 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X