300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Marley1907 View Post
    Well end of the road for me Ladies and Gents. Got the thin letter today via email. I thought I was good because I just received an email the other day asking for more medical paperwork. They apparently didn't like my responses on the poly. This is coming from a current Fed LEO with a clearance who has passed polys in the past. Good luck to everyone.
    Sorry Marley! Hopefully you'll get it the next time around. On another note, your post has me concerned now. I thought once your background started getting investigated, it pretty much meant you passed the poly. Had you already gone through the BI for this position?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• Originally posted by ti2015 View Post
      TL;DR: ATF is unlikely to go anywhere, future hiring is hard to extrapolate from existing legislation and budget sheets.

DISCLAIMER: To borrow a phrase, all of these documents, by their very wording, defend themselves against the risk of being understood. Take what analysis I offer for what it's worth.

Here is the ATF Elimination Bill (HR 1329):

https://www.congress.gov/bill/114th-...use-bill/1329/

The bill is a re-introduction of a bill Sensenbrenner introduced in 2014 that never went anywhere (HR 5522, 113th). Govtrack.us lists the current bill as having a 3% chance of becoming law.

https://www.govtrack.us/congress/bills/114/hr1329

While I was tooling around, I found the DOJ's 2017 FY budget allocation

https://www.congress.gov/bill/114th-...use-bill/5393/

And its counterpart in the Senate

https://www.congress.gov/bill/114th-...nate-bill/2837

These bills state ATF was given no money for new positions, which specifically was the 80 SA and 120 IOI positions Obama asked for. I have been unable to decipher the bills or budget requests to see what funding exists for new hires to cover attrition.

The Obama admin has threatened to veto the bill and expressed displeasure that the bill didn't give money for the extra SAs and IOIs. If I read this statement correctly, the veto threat is related to other items in the bill, rather than the lack of funding for the ATF positions.

https://www.whitehouse.gov/sites/def...s_20160614.pdf

No idea what would happen if they were to veto the appropriation, but one imagines that, at least in the short term, it wouldn't be a good thing for prospective SAs.

I don't know enough about the machinations of the Congress to have any idea when these bills might make their way to the President.

I do know that reading these documents won't change what will happen with the hiring process. But I killed an hour assembling them, so I'm an hour closer to their decision, one way or another.

Oh, and listen to FD2FED. He's got better info and he writes much shorter posts than I do.
      Thanks for putting this together ti! Very useful info.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• I had met with the Group Sup in my local area and he just got some basic info from me. The background investigator had not interviewed me yet. Usually once the BI meets with you, you should be good with the results of the poly.

Comment

• So what is the agencies view on cholesterol? I've been borderline high and sometimes high my whole adult life. I get plenty of exercise, I eat healthy. I am not a super health nut but I don't eat empty calories often.

Has anyone here gone on statins for regulation and if so has it impacted the ability to be hired?

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Comment

• Originally posted by smokinghole View Post
            So what is the agencies view on cholesterol? I've been borderline high and sometimes high my whole adult life. I get plenty of exercise, I eat healthy. I am not a super health nut but I don't eat empty calories often.

Has anyone here gone on statins for regulation and if so has it impacted the ability to be hired?

I'm somewhat in the same boat. I'm always borderline/slightly higher and I eat ridiculously healthy, but if I eat one slice of bacon it shoots up, and I love bacon lol so I allow myself once a month to have it. I've had blood work done over the years so I plan on having that in hand if it a med follow up is needed for it to show how it fluctuates. I also don't need to take any meds for it b/c it's random. I was told it can't hurt to have blood tests results but there's no way of knowing if they'll ask for it or not. I just want to have everything ready just in case since my dr office is slow to get anything done.

Comment

• e-QIP invite received! Had my medical exam today; still pending results of the blood test, but doc said I'm good to go otherwise. Today's a good day.

Comment

• Originally posted by ti2015 View Post
                TL;DR: ATF is unlikely to go anywhere, future hiring is hard to extrapolate from existing legislation and budget sheets.

DISCLAIMER: To borrow a phrase, all of these documents, by their very wording, defend themselves against the risk of being understood. Take what analysis I offer for what it's worth.

Here is the ATF Elimination Bill (HR 1329):

https://www.congress.gov/bill/114th-...use-bill/1329/

The bill is a re-introduction of a bill Sensenbrenner introduced in 2014 that never went anywhere (HR 5522, 113th). Govtrack.us lists the current bill as having a 3% chance of becoming law.

https://www.govtrack.us/congress/bills/114/hr1329

While I was tooling around, I found the DOJ's 2017 FY budget allocation

https://www.congress.gov/bill/114th-...use-bill/5393/

And its counterpart in the Senate

https://www.congress.gov/bill/114th-...nate-bill/2837

These bills state ATF was given no money for new positions, which specifically was the 80 SA and 120 IOI positions Obama asked for. I have been unable to decipher the bills or budget requests to see what funding exists for new hires to cover attrition.

The Obama admin has threatened to veto the bill and expressed displeasure that the bill didn't give money for the extra SAs and IOIs. If I read this statement correctly, the veto threat is related to other items in the bill, rather than the lack of funding for the ATF positions.

https://www.whitehouse.gov/sites/def...s_20160614.pdf

No idea what would happen if they were to veto the appropriation, but one imagines that, at least in the short term, it wouldn't be a good thing for prospective SAs.

I don't know enough about the machinations of the Congress to have any idea when these bills might make their way to the President.

I do know that reading these documents won't change what will happen with the hiring process. But I killed an hour assembling them, so I'm an hour closer to their decision, one way or another.

Oh, and listen to FD2FED. He's got better info and he writes much shorter posts than I do.
                Great info here. The 200 positions mentioned by POTUS are the 120 IOI/80 SAs. These are ADDITIONAL POSITIONS for the agency, which would have crazy long term financial implications. Sooooooo, my guess is they won't be approved, BUT, we will continue to hire for retirements (and there are plenty).

As for the ATF Elimination Bill, I highly doubt it would happen. The NRA loves that we are so small. If we folded, it would probably be a split between the FBI and DEA. That's all well and good for agents, but what about the supervisors and executive staff? Too many logistical things to figure out. Keep your heads up, hiring will continue as retirements take place.

Comment

• So, being an Information Security/Cyber geek, I was excited to see the e-QIP give me the option to turn on two-factor authentication today when I started working on it (even if China already stole all my info in the last major OPM breach). Then, after I had set it up and had gotten most of the e-QIP updated, I logged out for a bit. When I went to login later, the app on my phone I use to generate the authentication code had deleted *all* of the accounts that I had linked to it. Now, I'm stuck *hoping* that someone at ATF or OPM can help me unlock my account tomorrow. I sure hope I don't have to start from scratch. The "Forgot Password" route doesn't help at all either because it, too, requires the code from my phone. Man, I'm freaking out here!

Comment

• Originally posted by bellyer View Post
                    So, being an Information Security/Cyber geek, I was excited to see the e-QIP give me the option to turn on two-factor authentication today when I started working on it (even if China already stole all my info in the last major OPM breach). Then, after I had set it up and had gotten most of the e-QIP updated, I logged out for a bit. When I went to login later, the app on my phone I use to generate the authentication code had deleted *all* of the accounts that I had linked to it. Now, I'm stuck *hoping* that someone at ATF or OPM can help me unlock my account tomorrow. I sure hope I don't have to start from scratch. The "Forgot Password" route doesn't help at all either because it, too, requires the code from my phone. Man, I'm freaking out here!
                    Yes, ATF can unlock. You'll be fine. I think this sort of thing happens more than you think. The agency that requested you to fill out E-Qip should be the one to unlock it as far as I know.

Comment

• Originally posted by One8one14hire View Post
                      Yes, ATF can unlock. You'll be fine. I think this sort of thing happens more than you think. The agency that requested you to fill out E-Qip should be the one to unlock it as far as I know.
                      Here's hoping you are right that they can unlock it even with two-factor with enabled. Consider my fingers officially crossed...

Comment

• Question: How long after testing to receive score?
                        "If it matters to you, then you’ll find a way. If it doesn’t you’ll find an excuse."

Comment

• Originally posted by Officer_Daniel View Post
                          Question: How long after testing to receive score?
                          I know I just saw this same question (and answer) very recently on here...

Sent from my Mystical Ãœberphone

Comment

• Originally posted by bayranger View Post
                            I know I just saw this same question (and answer) very recently on here...

I just bet my brother a pair of Yankee tickets and $20 that if i asked a question that was recently answered i was going to get trolled. Thanks man, you got me a pair of Yankee tickets. Lol
                            "If it matters to you, then you’ll find a way. If it doesn’t you’ll find an excuse."

Comment

• Originally posted by Officer_Daniel View Post
                              I just bet my brother a pair of Yankee tickets and $20 that if i asked a question that was recently answered i was going to get trolled. Thanks man, you got me a pair of Yankee tickets. Lol
                              Okay. We'll look for you on TV.

Comment

• Who else from Oct is still waiting on E-qip?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 13182 users online. 333 members and 12849 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X