Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2012 ATF Special Agent Announcement

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Current timeline-

    July 2015- Sent in Resume
    Oct 2015- Job announcement
    Jan 2016- Written Test
    March 2016-PTT
    June 2016-Panel
    July 2016- Fedex package
    Aug 2016- Doctors appt
    Aug 2016- Drug screening test

    I cannot say how fortunate I feel to still be in the process over one year later. Here's to making it another year!

    Comment


    • 2012 ATF Special Agent Announcement

      Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      Last edited by Lee23; 08-22-2016, 05:58 PM.

      Comment


      • Originally posted by smith6cr View Post
        Current timeline-

        July 2015- Sent in Resume
        Oct 2015- Job announcement
        Jan 2016- Written Test
        March 2016-PTT
        June 2016-Panel
        July 2016- Fedex package
        Aug 2016- Doctors appt
        Aug 2016- Drug screening test

        I cannot say how fortunate I feel to still be in the process over one year later. Here's to making it another year!
        Come on poly and E-qip, amIright!?

        Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

        Comment


        • Originally posted by smith6cr View Post
          Current timeline-

          July 2015- Sent in Resume
          Oct 2015- Job announcement
          Jan 2016- Written Test
          March 2016-PTT
          June 2016-Panel
          July 2016- Fedex package
          Aug 2016- Doctors appt
          Aug 2016- Drug screening test
          Smith - You and I have pretty much the exact same timeline. Although, I submitted my resume in April 2015, which was then accidentally misplaced, instead of forwarded with the others in my prescreen day, so I was delayed to July 2015 for when my resume was actually forwarded along to HQ.

          Comment


          • Originally posted by Lee23 View Post
            Any June folks still waiting for the fed- ex?


            Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
            Yes


            Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

            Comment


            • Originally posted by bellyer View Post
              Smith - You and I have pretty much the exact same timeline. Although, I submitted my resume in April 2015, which was then accidentally misplaced, instead of forwarded with the others in my prescreen day, so I was delayed to July 2015 for when my resume was actually forwarded along to HQ.
              No worries. I has my pre screen July 15 and the next invite wasn't until Oct. 15. You are right on pace. Took me about a year to get as far....expect your poly soon after August.

              Comment


              • TL;DR: ATF is unlikely to go anywhere, future hiring is hard to extrapolate from existing legislation and budget sheets.

                DISCLAIMER: To borrow a phrase, all of these documents, by their very wording, defend themselves against the risk of being understood. Take what analysis I offer for what it's worth.

                Here is the ATF Elimination Bill (HR 1329):

                https://www.congress.gov/bill/114th-...use-bill/1329/

                The bill is a re-introduction of a bill Sensenbrenner introduced in 2014 that never went anywhere (HR 5522, 113th). Govtrack.us lists the current bill as having a 3% chance of becoming law.

                https://www.govtrack.us/congress/bills/114/hr1329

                While I was tooling around, I found the DOJ's 2017 FY budget allocation

                https://www.congress.gov/bill/114th-...use-bill/5393/

                And its counterpart in the Senate

                https://www.congress.gov/bill/114th-...nate-bill/2837

                These bills state ATF was given no money for new positions, which specifically was the 80 SA and 120 IOI positions Obama asked for. I have been unable to decipher the bills or budget requests to see what funding exists for new hires to cover attrition.

                The Obama admin has threatened to veto the bill and expressed displeasure that the bill didn't give money for the extra SAs and IOIs. If I read this statement correctly, the veto threat is related to other items in the bill, rather than the lack of funding for the ATF positions.

                https://www.whitehouse.gov/sites/def...s_20160614.pdf

                No idea what would happen if they were to veto the appropriation, but one imagines that, at least in the short term, it wouldn't be a good thing for prospective SAs.

                I don't know enough about the machinations of the Congress to have any idea when these bills might make their way to the President.

                I do know that reading these documents won't change what will happen with the hiring process. But I killed an hour assembling them, so I'm an hour closer to their decision, one way or another.

                Oh, and listen to FD2FED. He's got better info and he writes much shorter posts than I do.

                Comment


                • So....anyone have any good news?

                  Comment


                  • On my way to give someone my urine and whatever else they take for the drug screening.

                    Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

                    Comment


                    • Deleted post
                      Last edited by HSVP; 07-10-2019, 12:52 PM.

                      Comment


                      • Here's good news. I was able to hydrate enough that I had urine to spare.

                        Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

                        Comment


                        • Well end of the road for me Ladies and Gents. Got the thin letter today via email. I thought I was good because I just received an email the other day asking for more medical paperwork. They apparently didn't like my responses on the poly. This is coming from a current Fed LEO with a clearance who has passed polys in the past. Good luck to everyone.

                          Comment


                          • Sorry man...I had a poly back in May and have yet to received the results from it. I received my medical clearance last week, but its extremely irritating being in the dark
                            Originally posted by Marley1907 View Post
                            Well end of the road for me Ladies and Gents. Got the thin letter today via email. I thought I was good because I just received an email the other day asking for more medical paperwork. They apparently didn't like my responses on the poly. This is coming from a current Fed LEO with a clearance who has passed polys in the past. Good luck to everyone.

                            Comment


                            • Smith and Bellyer...we are all on the same timeline. Received FedEx email today.

                              Should get the actual packet in the mail soon.

                              Comment


                              • been lurking in the shadows for awhile. thought I would come out and contribute.

                                Timeline:
                                Oct 15 app
                                Dec 15 Test
                                April 16 PT test
                                June 16 Interview
                                July 16 FedEx
                                Aug 16 Medical

                                Comment

                                MR300x250 Tablet

                                Collapse

                                What's Going On

                                Collapse

                                There are currently 17376 users online. 442 members and 16934 guests.

                                Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

                                Welcome Ad

                                Collapse
                                Working...
                                X