300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by smokinghole View Post
    Do they ever tell people anything about background? As I posted in a page or two back, if you signed the waiver, you will proceed while background continues. SSBI investigations can take a bit. Now my timeline posted about clearance was during a big DOD build up, so there's that.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk
    My background investigator reached out to me to let me know he was done and submitting his findings. Had a great experience.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• That's mighty cool. Good to hear some keep who they are investigating in the loop.

Comment

• Originally posted by AL_NERI View Post
        Background investigator never game me a green light. Was radio silence until med clearance. Still haven't heard about background.
        So how long did said radio silence last for you? Which I guess in your case means between medical and med clearance.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cage123 View Post
          My background investigator reached out to me to let me know he was done and submitting his findings. Had a great experience.

Yup same here. They notified me they were submitting it...that by no means is a green light.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cage123 View Post
            So how long did said radio silence last for you? Which I guess in your case means between medical and med clearance.

Well, I was notified around Dec. 8 that they were finishing the last of my info up and sending it in for adjudication. A nice lady called me to obtain the info and told me it was to finish up things and send it in. I then figured I would receive my medical clearance next if all went well (sent my follow up Sept 2 2015, just for a more in depth eye exam bc I had lasik and a new blood test for something trivial). It was radio silence and I thought I would be good to go soon and then out of nowhere on April 21st 2016 a very nice woman from adjudications called me for another supplemental questionnaire regarding a job I had and was very sweet, saying it was no big deal and to have faith. Then more radio silence until July 21st when I received it.
            Last edited by AL_NERI; 07-26-2016, 09:11 PM.

Comment

• I have read most of this thread and I would like to ask those in the Schedule B process about the timeline of their application process. Most of the info here seems to be from the old hiring announcement and I feel bad for those poor souls. Can anyone in the Schedule B provide the steps and timelines for their applications? I applied for the May announcement and just completed the exam and am trying to guestimate when and what the next steps will be. Thanks!

Comment

• Originally posted by bcash87 View Post
                I have read most of this thread and I would like to ask those in the Schedule B process about the timeline of their application process. Most of the info here seems to be from the old hiring announcement and I feel bad for those poor souls. Can anyone in the Schedule B provide the steps and timelines for their applications? I applied for the May announcement and just completed the exam and am trying to guestimate when and what the next steps will be. Thanks!
                Most of us on here are and have been schedule b. Schedule b is continuous until they stop it. It doesn't work as a normal announcement so I don't know which old announcement you speak of. If anything most of us feel bad for those just starting out schedule b. Most of us have been in the process almost two years to get our med clearances. The rest have been in for a year with the exception of the recent schedule b rotation.

Comment

• You're fortunate bcash, I also applied through Schedule B in May but have not received any correspondence regarding testing or anything. I hope to hear soon. But it does appear that the process is lengthy regardless of normal application or Schedule B.

Comment

• From the ATF recruiter, ATF is no long doing schedule B hiring and the May 2016 applicants were the last bunch. ATF will open up SA positions on usajobs.gov sometime in 2017

Comment

• Originally posted by Det_sje View Post
                      From the ATF recruiter, ATF is no long doing schedule B hiring and the May 2016 applicants were the last bunch. ATF will open up SA positions on usajobs.gov sometime in 2017
                      Ok then. Hopefully they will hire those from May 2016.
                      OUT!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Radio Raheem View Post
                        Ok then. Hopefully they will hire those from May 2016.
                        I'll admit. After being in an academy when the last shutdown hit, I have seen how easily budgets and classes change. So, I am pretty worried if those with med clearances just waiting on preference sheets will even get a class with the fiscal year starting midnight Oct. 1 or even timing out and making us re-apply.

Comment

• Can anyone clarify as to whether or not calculators are allowed to be used on the math portion ?

Comment

• Nope

Comment

• Originally posted by dom1220 View Post
                              Can anyone clarify as to whether or not calculators are allowed to be used on the math portion ?
                              Abacus is 10-4 though.

Sent from my Mystical Ãœberphone

Comment

• Originally posted by AL_NERI View Post
                                Well, I was notified around Dec. 8 that they were finishing the last of my info up and sending it in for adjudication. A nice lady called me to obtain the info and told me it was to finish up things and send it in. I then figured I would receive my medical clearance next if all went well (sent my follow up Sept 2 2015, just for a more in depth eye exam bc I had lasik and a new blood test for something trivial). It was radio silence and I thought I would be good to go soon and then out of nowhere on April 21st 2016 a very nice woman from adjudications called me for another supplemental questionnaire regarding a job I had and was very sweet, saying it was no big deal and to have faith. Then more radio silence until July 21st when I received it.
                                Eish, that is not what I was hoping to hear. I don't anticipate any issues with my medical or past employment but you never know. After being in this process for a year and a half, you'd think I would have learned to just expect the unexpected...but I guess I'm just anxious to see if this whole process is actually gonna work out for me. Just gotta keep telling myself..."Patience, grasshopper!"

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 13076 users online. 340 members and 12736 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X