300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Det_sje View Post
    I wonder if you would get a test invite if you already taken and passed the ATF SA exam???? Good Luck to the folks who got the test invite, study up for it.
    I was told the exam is good for 3 years from the date the test was taken.

Good luck everyone on the exam!

Comment

• Do any other tests in the process expire?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• Originally posted by RR82 View Post
        April '15 applicant here. What's the typical wait time between completing a Poly and start of background?
        I did my poly and within two weeks started the background. I'm also an Apr 15 applicant from NC

Comment

• I received my FedEx today and I've nearly got all of the documents completed. However, I am curious about the Conditional Employment Waiver. Does anyone know anything about that form? It looks as though it basically implies that one could start their job as a Special Agent with ATF before their background has been fully adjudicated, but then, if ATF finds something derogatory in your background after you have started, you may find yourself out of a job. On the flip side, if you select to have them wait until the background is fully adjudicated before offering one a job, it can potentially delay processing long enough that one may miss out on a job offer entirely. Am I understanding this correctly?

Comment

• Thanks......

Comment

• Originally posted by bellyer View Post
              I received my FedEx today and I've nearly got all of the documents completed. However, I am curious about the Conditional Employment Waiver. Does anyone know anything about that form? It looks as though it basically implies that one could start their job as a Special Agent with ATF before their background has been fully adjudicated, but then, if ATF finds something derogatory in your background after you have started, you may find yourself out of a job. On the flip side, if you select to have them wait until the background is fully adjudicated before offering one a job, it can potentially delay processing long enough that one may miss out on a job offer entirely. Am I understanding this correctly?
              Here's the thing. The background investigators have a pretty good idea whether or not you will be adjudicated. Much of the military operates on the same system. My SSBI investigation was initiated halfway through basic training. I went into EOD school graduated, and was already assigned to my unit before receiving adjudication. That was pretty much a full year of training and waiting, and the adjudication came in sometime during my 18 month to two year mark. Mine was handled by OPM investigators though at that time. It takes a long time. This hiring process is already long enough. If you are clean you don't have to worry.

Does anyone know of an instance where someone was working on the job (ATF or other) and was not adjudicated? I never had to deal with that even as a security manager for my unit.

The TS clearance was not really needed for much of my duties. Not even being a nuke trained EOD tech. I think we only needed it for USSS VIPPSA taskings. What is the specific purpose of the clearance for a 1811? Just curious really, if it can be shared in a public forum.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Comment

• people have been pulled out of training and had all their equipment turned back in and kicked to the curb at FLETC, yes. is it common? no. not in the slightest.

They arent gonna do it to you for anything you dont already know would keep you from getting the job.

If you did something tell them and let them decide upfront and save both of you alot of time and someone deserving a spot in the class. If you roll the dice and just hope they never find out, you deserve to be booted and more.

Comment

• Originally posted by 31Ford View Post
                  people have been pulled out of training and had all their equipment turned back in and kicked to the curb at FLETC, yes. is it common? no. not in the slightest.

They arent gonna do it to you for anything you dont already know would keep you from getting the job.

If you did something tell them and let them decide upfront and save both of you alot of time and someone deserving a spot in the class. If you roll the dice and just hope they never find out, you deserve to be booted and more.
                  That makes sense. I'm pretty sure that I've been up front about any/all issues so far and already have them in the eQIP from other applications and in the mound of hard copy Secret Service background forms I'm sorting to turn in tomorrow as I type this (seriously, why no eQIP at USSS???), so I can't imagine anything else bubbling up in the course of a BI that could come out later. Good perspective there, 31Ford. Thanks!

Comment

• Just got my med clearance letter

Comment

• Originally posted by bellyer View Post
                      That makes sense. I'm pretty sure that I've been up front about any/all issues so far and already have them in the eQIP from other applications and in the mound of hard copy Secret Service background forms I'm sorting to turn in tomorrow as I type this (seriously, why no eQIP at USSS???), so I can't imagine anything else bubbling up in the course of a BI that could come out later. Good perspective there, 31Ford. Thanks!
                      That USSS SA paperwork is beast lol

Sent from my Mystical Ãœberphone

Comment

• 2012 ATF Special Agent Announcement

Last edited by Lee23; 07-30-2016, 12:22 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lee23 View Post
                          Is it more extensive then the SF-86?

Oh yeah, it's basically a longer version of the SF-86. If i remember it's around 160 pages.

Comment

• Originally posted by duc888 View Post
                            Just got my med clearance letter
                            About when did you complete your medical? Curious how long it took from start to finish.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lee23 View Post
                              Is it more extensive then the SF-86?
                              It isn't so much that it is necessarily worse than the SF86. It is actually pretty similar to the total amount of effort required for completing the ATF background forms. The difference is that ATF sends you a handful of documents in the FedEx as hard copies, then you will have the eQIP to fill out. Whereas, the Secret Service background forms, including the SF86 and some others, are only available to you as a fillable PDF document that you then need to print out yourself. The fillable PDF is an absolute nightmare to make sure that you are hitting on all the sections that you need to complete and then leaving empty the sections that you don't. Then when you print it, even if you had like 4-5 pages in a row that you didn't need to complete, you still have to print them all out and provide them as a part of your 160-page package.

eQIP is a billion times more user-friendly.

Comment

• Got my FedEx notification

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6128 users online. 453 members and 5675 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X