Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The way it was originally explained to me was, ATF had a definitive number of agents nearing retirement. The only variable was time.

So many were eligible to retire in X years and so many had to mandatorily be out by Y years.

Are they all just choosing to stay on until pushed out? Or have most retired and you have been able to replenish sooner then anticipated?

Makes me wonder why there was April '15, October '15, and April '16 applicant pools started when October '14 group was not exhausted.

Comment

• I'm in the Schedule B Hiring line that open last month. Has anyone gotten an invite to take their first test?

I am not a veteran and read in other forum that only veterans were put in the 2012 hiring announcement. Is that accurate and was it a schedule B list as well?

Comment

• 2012 ATF Special Agent Announcement

Most guys I see are KMA and can leave at any moment. ATF doesn't necessarily push people out until 57...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
        Last edited by UCLA1998; 06-15-2016, 02:17 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by marathon View Post
          I'm in the Schedule B Hiring line that open last month. Has anyone gotten an invite to take their first test?

I am not a veteran and read in other forum that only veterans were put in the 2012 hiring announcement. Is that accurate and was it a schedule B list as well?
          2012 Announcement wasn't schedule B. It was VRA via USAJOBS.

Comment

• Gotcha. Place I am now is mostly a 57 and you are gone scenario. However, we are really short and waivers to work past 57 have been signed in the past.

Originally posted by UCLA1998 View Post
            Most guys I see are KMA and can leave at any moment. ATF doesn't necessarily push people out.

Comment

• I really hope that DHS rumor isn't true. Just another reason to hate them and want out if it is.

Comment

• Doubt it. Atf wants the best person for the job and if it's a current DHS, then so be it. I heard there was going to be a August class. May class is a 24 person class and the rest will be that moving forward (as it is originally formatted for). Only ran classes of 48 because they were so far behind. All those agents hired in the late 80s hiring push are nearing retirement. They'll have to run classes each year to keep up with retirements.

Comment

• Thanks dsb. Praying a life miracle lands me in the August class. They have to give me a months notice though bc I'm a current agent. So any possibility is closing fast since I don't even have a med clearance.

Comment

• Originally posted by AL_NERI View Post
                    Thanks dsb. Praying a life miracle lands me in the August class. They have to give me a months notice though bc I'm a current agent. So any possibility is closing fast since I don't even have a med clearance.
                    1811?

Comment

• Nope Good ole pickle police. (BP)

Comment

• Originally posted by AL_NERI View Post
                        Nope Good ole pickle police. (BP)
                        Lol... Got ya

Comment

• Originally posted by 31Ford View Post
                          With the list of applicants out numbering the amount of spaces in proposed classes, I also wonder if ATF is finally honoring DHS request to stop taking its current LEOs.

Seems all the people I know of waiting a while after being on the shelf are current DHS.
                          I don't think they're honoring that request. I know quote a few guys in my agency in the process. I would agree with that a lot are DHS. I'm DHS as well but not on the shelf quite yet.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lawlor View Post
                            I don't think they're honoring that request. I know quote a few guys in my agency in the process. I would agree with that a lot are DHS. I'm DHS as well but not on the shelf quite yet.

There is no way ATF can not take applicants because they are from DHS..

Comment

• Originally posted by UCLA1998 View Post
                              There is no way ATF can not take applicants because they are from DHS..

There was rumor going around that our agency told the ATF to stop taking us because our agency is hemorrhaging. People are leaving faster than they are coming in and somehow they don't think there is a problem with retention. It's sad really.

Comment

• Originally posted by UCLA1998 View Post
                                Heard maybe or so 100 new hires for next FY. The money that was proposed for ATF after San Bernardino shooting fell through and ATF is reaching its cap

just a guess but, this last Saturday may change that yet again.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6132 users online. 447 members and 5685 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X