Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2012 ATF Special Agent Announcement

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by mpfeddie View Post
    Same and I had to have specific forms filled out for medical that they sent me so it didn't help that I already had everything I thought I needed before hand. I just wouldn't recommend compiling at appointments if you're paying out of pocket. You never know exactly what they will need. My follow ups for different agencies were on different old injuries.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    While this may be true for some, I did the same and it worked out well. Right after I had my physical follow up, the doc hinted at two items. I didn't wait to get an email saying there was a problem. I knocked out appointments to get a second opinion. A follow up was requested, but my turnaround time was minimal as I was ready for it.

    Comment


    • Originally posted by mpfeddie View Post
      Same and I had to have specific forms filled out for medical that they sent me so it didn't help that I already had everything I thought I needed before hand. I just wouldn't recommend compiling at appointments if you're paying out of pocket. You never know exactly what they will need. My follow ups for different agencies were on different old injuries.


      Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      Hoping to get lucky. My VA doc got me a full occupational functional evaluation. I also did an audiogram to show that I can hear what I need. Other than that I couldn't think of a anything, I have been major injury free, no shoulder, knee, or other joint issues.

      Comment


      • I definitely have been to multiple dr appts in the past 5 weeks to make sure there are no surprises. Reading about med follow ups on this forum scared me into being proactive. I know I have a long way to go in the process but it doesn't hurt to be prepared!
        Last edited by phnx7; 06-09-2016, 07:07 AM.

        Comment


        • Originally posted by phnx7 View Post
          I definitely have been to multiple dr appts in the past 5 weeks to make sure there are no surprises. Reading about med follow ups on this forum scared me into being proactive. I know I have a long way to go in the process but it doesn't hurt to be prepared!
          What exactly does medical follow-up mean? What are some of the thing applicants and being required to submit from their physicians?

          Comment


          • 2012 ATF Special Agent Announcement

            Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
            Last edited by Lee23; 07-30-2016, 09:45 PM.

            Comment


            • Medical follow ups are sent out of anything the examining federal Doctor cannot confirm without further examination from a specialist, generally. From what I've seen, follows still have to be done after the exam but it would not hurt to go to any of your own physicians to get their "clearance" on something you think might be question.

              More specially any joint surgery, cardiac, back issues etc.


              Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

              Comment


              • Originally posted by Firecop2653 View Post
                Medical follow ups are sent out of anything the examining federal Doctor cannot confirm without further examination from a specialist, generally. From what I've seen, follows still have to be done after the exam but it would not hurt to go to any of your own physicians to get their "clearance" on something you think might be question.

                More specially any joint surgery, cardiac, back issues etc.


                Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                Knocking these things out faster and getting the info back to the powers that be ASAP helped me get in a class faster than someone else I was processing with. Up until medical we were testing together. I chose not to screw around and made my physical appointment ASAP once I got the notice to do so. I got in a class before they did, and they even had a TS clearance already. So do what you want, just trying to help you guys that want to get here.

                Comment


                • Originally posted by BCJ View Post
                  What exactly does medical follow-up mean? What are some of the thing applicants and being required to submit from their physicians?
                  I had two things; eyesight and potassium level. Admittedly, the nurse screwed up and wrote my numbers down in the wrong sections regarding my eyesight, so I didn't have to do anything further.

                  My potassium level was elevated, but elevated to the point where I would have severe medical issues if it was that high. I got my blood drawn from my personal doc and had them check the potassium, which was normal. I sent DC the results, as well as the 7 years of blood test results I had completed with my other job showing all normal potassium levels.

                  Comment


                  • For me, high cholesterol runs in the family. Every now and then it runs high. I eat insanely healthy and it still runs slightly high. So I can bring records of it over the past 5 or so years to show the trend. I don't have to take meds for it b/c it's random which is nice. Hopefully it prevents a prolonged med follow up. That's why I love this thread. Good advice from those who know whats up!

                    Comment


                    • It's hard to guess where the follow up will be. Mine was for eyesight and they needed further documentation from having my tonsils removed when I was 10! Luckily it was as simple as having my doctor write a letter saying I have not had any medical concerns in the 20 years following the surgery

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by Greco View Post
                        It's hard to guess where the follow up will be. Mine was for eyesight and they needed further documentation from having my tonsils removed when I was 10! Luckily it was as simple as having my doctor write a letter saying I have not had any medical concerns in the 20 years following the surgery
                        Wow! Your tonsils?! That's a little ridiculous.
                        OUT!!

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by FD2FED1977 View Post
                          I had two things; eyesight and potassium level. Admittedly, the nurse screwed up and wrote my numbers down in the wrong sections regarding my eyesight, so I didn't have to do anything further.

                          My potassium level was elevated, but elevated to the point where I would have severe medical issues if it was that high. I got my blood drawn from my personal doc and had them check the potassium, which was normal. I sent DC the results, as well as the 7 years of blood test results I had completed with my other job showing all normal potassium levels.
                          He really can't see though.


                          Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by FD2FED1977 View Post
                            Knocking these things out faster and getting the info back to the powers that be ASAP helped me get in a class faster than someone else I was processing with. Up until medical we were testing together. I chose not to screw around and made my physical appointment ASAP once I got the notice to do so. I got in a class before they did, and they even had a TS clearance already. So do what you want, just trying to help you guys that want to get here.
                            I got my info back the next day. It was a minor issue. Here I am 9 months later no clearance and have called HR 3 times. They remember me and keep emailing FOH to light a fire. And still nothing. Yet I cleared medically with DEA 5 months ago. Interesting.

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by FD2FED1977 View Post
                              Knocking these things out faster and getting the info back to the powers that be ASAP helped me get in a class faster than someone else I was processing with. Up until medical we were testing together. I chose not to screw around and made my physical appointment ASAP once I got the notice to do so. I got in a class before they did, and they even had a TS clearance already. So do what you want, just trying to help you guys that want to get here.

                              Sounds like the best thing to do would be to schedule the Medical ASAP when allowed and when you have a date try to schedule an appointment with your primary care physician the same or next day. That way you can get working on whatever else they need immediately.

                              Comment


                              • I have had a number of surgeries (hip and knee) and there is no way I would've known exactly what was necessary for the follow-up ahead of time. The "clearance" that they wanted from my surgeons had bullet points A-J and each point had to be addressed specifically and in depth. In this case, I don't think scheduling appointments ahead of time will be of much help as you don't know what exactly they are going to require.

                                Comment

                                MR300x250 Tablet

                                Collapse

                                What's Going On

                                Collapse

                                There are currently 4191 users online. 187 members and 4004 guests.

                                Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

                                Welcome Ad

                                Collapse
                                Working...
                                X