300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by o2force10 View Post
    Does the preference sheet have all locations on it, or just offices that need bodies? Also, how are people fairing when they actually get offered a location? And what seems to be the general consensus for locations? Border towns, major cities, or just random?
    The final preference sheet has the most current needs of the ATF listed on it, not all of the offices. How are people fairing? The majority of my class got one of their top choices. With that said, there were several people who did not get anything on their list. I think it is complete luck. If HR sees that they need people on the SW Border, and they see your name next on the list, they may only offer you the SW border, regardless of your preferences. As far as what is available, it is completely liquid. Lots of hires in the past few years, plus transfers, plus manpower movement. HR probably doesn't even know with certainty what offices are going to need people until it is time to make the calls.

Comment

• Originally posted by o2force10 View Post
      Does the preference sheet have all locations on it, or just offices that need bodies? Also, how are people fairing when they actually get offered a location? And what seems to be the general consensus for locations? Border towns, major cities, or just random?
      When I did my panel the said the same thing as BCJ. I filled out a preference at my prescreen in Dec'14. I did not fill one out at my panel and was told that when the fat lady sings, you'll get a list of what needs bodies at the time. I assume the sheet will not be emailed until you get the official offer and a spot in the academy.

Comment

• mpfreddie, please clear out your message folder. Thank you.

Originally posted by mpfeddie View Post
        I passed and had to retest but it's because I have a hearing aid. I don't really use my hearing aid and passed without it, but they wanted further testing done with and without my hearing aid. I passed all of those tests as well but haven't heard anything since. They removed the hearing standards from their information sheet so I don't think they have their standards actually published anymore, as far as I have seen.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
        Last edited by 31Ford; 06-07-2016, 07:28 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by smokinghole View Post
          When I did my panel the said the same thing as BCJ. I filled out a preference at my prescreen in Dec'14. I did not fill one out at my panel and was told that when the fat lady sings, you'll get a list of what needs bodies at the time. I assume the sheet will not be emailed until you get the official offer and a spot in the academy.
          The sheet is emailed to you before you get the offer. The offer includes a location, and if you accept, then you have a spot in the academy.

Comment

• Originally posted by P.K. Highsmith View Post
            The sheet is emailed to you before you get the offer. The offer includes a location, and if you accept, then you have a spot in the academy.
            The way I see it the "final" preference sheet is basically an offer, close enough right?

Comment

• Originally posted by smokinghole View Post
              The way I see it the "final" preference sheet is basically an offer, close enough right?

It certainly means you are near the top of the list for the next class. But things happen. Classes get cancelled. Budgets get cut. Etc. So don't quit your job when you get the pref sheet!

Comment

• Another update:
                Just a quick Update. Nov 14 applicant.

Nov 14 - Meet and Greet
                June 15- ATF Exam
                Sept 15 - PTT
                Nov 15 - Panel
                April 16 - Med/Drug Screening
                April 16 - Begin Equip
                April 16 - Equip completed and accepted
                June 16 - Poly Scheduled *
                June 16 - Received Letter for Medical Follow up*

Good luck to all.

Comment

• Good morning,

A few weeks ago I was contacted to complete a follow up polygraph. I have not heard anything since.

I was hoping one of you has had a similiar experience or know someone who has had to do a second polygraph.

Thank you in advance for your time.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Comment

• Interview complete, I'm a 10/15 applicant. Got an SF86 already complete so EQUIP should be relatively painless. Going to start scheduling Doctor's appointments now and hopefully have the follow up paper work they might request ready to go for them from the get go.

Comment

• Originally posted by P.K. Highsmith View Post
                      That's the great part. You actually know where you're going to be before you accept the offer as opposed to having a standard "drop day" like other agencies towards the end of your training.

Comment

• Oct 2014 applicant.

Going on day 313 since medical follow up. Going on day 590 since first applying.

Not that I'm counting. C'mon........

Comment

• Same boat friend.

Comment

• Originally posted by obuck34 View Post
                            Interview complete, I'm a 10/15 applicant. Got an SF86 already complete so EQUIP should be relatively painless. Going to start scheduling Doctor's appointments now and hopefully have the follow up paper work they might request ready to go for them from the get go.
                            SMART!!!! Everyone follow this guy's lead.....you get it my friend.

Comment

• Originally posted by FD2FED1977 View Post
                              SMART!!!! Everyone follow this guy's lead.....you get it my friend.
                              Thought I did that, but then they tell ya to retake hearing tests you passed...

Comment

• Originally posted by 31Ford View Post
                                Thought I did that, but then they tell ya to retake hearing tests you passed...
                                Same and I had to have specific forms filled out for medical that they sent me so it didn't help that I already had everything I thought I needed before hand. I just wouldn't recommend compiling at appointments if you're paying out of pocket. You never know exactly what they will need. My follow ups for different agencies were on different old injuries.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 13246 users online. 397 members and 12849 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X