Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fed is goin in on em'! I'm gonna go microwave some popcorn and sit back and keep clicking refresh :P
    Treat others the way you would like to be treated.

Comment

• Hey no sense of entitlement here. I feel like my question was a reasonable one and I'm sure others were wondering the same thing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• Originally posted by Rick Nelson 12 View Post
        Fed is goin in on em'! I'm gonna go microwave some popcorn and sit back and keep clicking refresh :P
        Not about that, just being straight forward and honest. I'm sure UCLA and USMC will concur.

Comment

• Originally posted by leolax11 View Post
          Hey no sense of entitlement here. I feel like my question was a reasonable one and I'm sure others were wondering the same thing.

Thumb through the many pages of this forum. There is some helpful info here.

I know someone that said they had law enforcement experience, when truth be told they were an intern at one point. Don't be that guy.

Comment

• Originally posted by FD2FED1977 View Post
            Not 100% true brother. Our division is attending career fairs.
            Again... It's per division.. We are attending career fairs too.. Actually I do.. But WE both know most people from the outside aren't getting hired without knowing anyone. Some FD's aren't even submitting names. ATF hiring should be on national level, not regional. The reason why ATF lost its hiring authority was because they were practicing the same hiring standards they are currently.

Comment

• ATF should be taking the FBI approach and having a national announcement on USAJOBS so the best can get a fair shake...

Comment

• Originally posted by leolax11 View Post
                My process was identical

My process is almost the same as well with a few differences STILL waiting on Med clearance.

Applied/pre-lim interview: July 2014
                Written Exam: December 2014
                PT Test: January 2015
                Panel Interview: February 2015
                Fed Ex Packet: April 2015
                E-qip Updated and submitted (Federal Agent currently):April 2015
                Poly: May 2015
                Medical: June 2015
                Background: Back and forth with investigators clearing up background questions/supplementals (contacted me about once a month): August 2015-November 2015
                Medical Follow up: September 2015
                Background investigation interview with field investigator: November 2015
                Notified of Background investigation submission by Investigator in Washington: December 8 2015
                Contacted by a Very nice woman in the adjudications office April 21st, 2016 said she just needed to clear up something because the gentleman that originally had my file was detailed out and left. Haven't heard a thing since and again...
                MED CLEARANCE STILL NILL!

Comment

• Originally posted by UCLA1998 View Post
                  ATF should be taking the FBI approach and having a national announcement on USAJOBS so the best can get a fair shake...

FBI just uses USAJOBS to advertise their very own dedicated job system/website. You must go on and create a profile on their website and then they pull candidates from that. Their very own USAJOBS. WWW.FBIJOBS.GOV.

Comment

• Originally posted by FD2FED1977 View Post
                    Thumb through the many pages of this forum. There is some helpful info here.

I know someone that said they had law enforcement experience, when truth be told they were an intern at one point. Don't be that guy.
                    So basically don't be an entitled ****head who lies to make people like them and not think he's entitled?

Comment

• Experience is:

7 years in military (Both Enlisted and Officer)
                      B.S. Intelligence Analysis
                      Currently work as Production Supervisor for an Aerospace Composite Manufacturer.

No LE experience.

Comment

• It would be great if ATF posted open announcements for SA and then just capped at 2000 (or @ midnight on specific date). Is that what they've done in the past? Not sure since this is my first time applying.

I do know that if I did not meet the former agent that recruited me, I might not have known I was even allowed to apply for SA, I thought they looked for prior LE only or other fed leo. So after meeting her, I did a ridiculous amount of research, in which I found this forum and learned all kinds of information about 1811, etc.

Meeting someone was immensely helpful for me. She is not a friend, and clearly not a family member. She hasn't coached me or isn't pulling strings, and she isn't a personal reference. This type of recruiting has its merits. But allowing anyone to apply in an open announcement does as well. And it's more accessible. If I never met her, I imagine I would've eventually found out the process, but much later than I did so I definitely benefitted. It also would've been nice if they held career fairs at my college. I could've started this process right out of college, 2 years ago lol.

Actually, the only "coaching" she did was tell me DO NOT LIE DURING POLY! But that goes without saying lol
                        Last edited by phnx7; 05-25-2016, 09:00 AM. Reason: Add side note

Comment

• Originally posted by phnx7 View Post
                          It would be great if ATF posted open announcements for SA and then just capped at 2000 (or @ midnight on specific date). Is that what they've done in the past? Not sure since this is my first time applying.

I do know that if I did not meet the former agent that recruited me, I might not have known I was even allowed to apply for SA, I thought they looked for prior LE only or other fed leo. So after meeting her, I did a ridiculous amount of research, in which I found this forum and learned all kinds of information about 1811, etc.

Meeting someone was immensely helpful for me. She is not a friend, and clearly not a family member. She hasn't coached me or isn't pulling strings, and she isn't a personal reference. This type of recruiting has its merits. But allowing anyone to apply in an open announcement does as well. And it's more accessible. If I never met her, I imagine I would've eventually found out the process, but much later than I did so I definitely benefitted. It also would've been nice if they held career fairs at my college. I could've started this process right out of college, 2 years ago lol.
                          That's my only beef with schedule B hiring... If your aren't in the "know", you will never be hired.. Hopefully ATF will post a USAJOBS announcement eventually.

Comment

• Exactly, but it forced me to research and find out everything I could. It opened up a whole new world to me lol
                            Last edited by phnx7; 05-25-2016, 09:03 AM. Reason: Typo

Comment

• Originally posted by UCLA1998 View Post
                              That's my only beef with schedule B hiring... If your aren't in the "know", you will never be hired.. Hopefully ATF will post a USAJOBS announcement eventually.

Being one not in the know I agree. I wanted to apply to the ATF ever since I hung out with a EEO at a industry trade day we hosted at my EOD unit. Had I not applied to the FBI and failed their test, I likely would have never looked up the possibility of ATF recruiters, eventually finding the bizarrely up to date list. The only LEOs I know are acquaintances from the cigar shop I stop in from time to time. None of them knew about schB when I told them what I found out.

Just happy to make it this far. I would have just kept searching USAjobs and only finding SAC ASAC positions.

Comment

Last edited by phnx7; 05-25-2016, 09:43 AM. Reason: Dup post. Not sure how or why?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3757 users online. 199 members and 3558 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X