Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2012 ATF Special Agent Announcement

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by Rick Nelson 12 View Post
    What is the basic average timeline for the call after medical? Based off posted timelines it seems anywhere from 6 months to another year. Again, happy one year anniversary to April 15's out there! Any agents on here know where they are hurting for agents? Specifically in the south? Thanks
    I am wondering the same about where the need is for agents. It seems like west coast and the S/SW, that about right? It originally wasn't my plan to go west but if that's where agents are needed then I'm in!

    Comment


    • Passed my PTT this weekend!

      Comment


      • Originally posted by bellyer View Post
        Passed my PTT this weekend!
        Congrats!

        Comment


        • Has anyone received a preference sheet lately?
          Last edited by Aardvaark; 04-19-2016, 01:41 PM. Reason: Words

          Comment


          • Also, has anyone received a preference sheet without being told if they have medical clearance?


            Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

            Comment


            • I think I turned it on. Not real familiar with the site.

              Comment


              • Originally posted by phnx7 View Post
                I am wondering the same about where the need is for agents. It seems like west coast and the S/SW, that about right? It originally wasn't my plan to go west but if that's where agents are needed then I'm in!
                Preference sheet is just what you prefer. If you get an offer, they'll offer you a spot where there is a need.

                Comment


                • Originally posted by FD2FED1977 View Post
                  Preference sheet is just what you prefer. If you get an offer, they'll offer you a spot where there is a need.
                  I know what the preference sheet is, but I'm not going to put DC or MD if there are no available jobs there. I'll put down where agents are needed. So if they need people in CA, then that'll be on the top of my list. I'm free to move wherever so I'll take advantage of that.

                  Comment


                  • anyone know if the ATF investigates cyber related federal violations involving any/or all of the elements (alcohol, tobacco, firearms) they are entitled to investigate?

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by phnx7 View Post
                      I know what the preference sheet is, but I'm not going to put DC or MD if there are no available jobs there. I'll put down where agents are needed. So if they need people in CA, then that'll be on the top of my list. I'm free to move wherever so I'll take advantage of that.
                      Generally if there is no "need" the city won't be listed. Some preference sheets have certain cities and others don't.

                      Comment


                      • July '14 applicant. Received medical clearance 03/13/16. Received a letter today informing me that I am no longer being considered in the process. Specific reason not given.

                        Good luck to those still in the process!

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by Future_SA1980 View Post
                          July '14 applicant. Received medical clearance 03/13/16. Received a letter today informing me that I am no longer being considered in the process. Specific reason not given.

                          Good luck to those still in the process!
                          Really!! That makes me very nervous for us oct 14' applicants!

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by USMCjonz View Post
                            Generally if there is no "need" the city won't be listed. Some preference sheets have certain cities and others don't.
                            I gotcha, thank you for clarifying! I never had to list location preferences for a job so I didn't know if they list all FD's and you check a box like the application, or if it's a fill in the blank type of deal. But that makes sense. I would much rather want it to only include those that are in need.

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by Future_SA1980 View Post
                              July '14 applicant. Received medical clearance 03/13/16. Received a letter today informing me that I am no longer being considered in the process. Specific reason not given.

                              Good luck to those still in the process!
                              Sorry to hear that, that sucks. Were you done with the entire process and waiting for the call?

                              Comment


                              • Yes! I've completed every phase.

                                Comment

                                MR300x250 Tablet

                                Collapse

                                What's Going On

                                Collapse

                                There are currently 9518 users online. 275 members and 9243 guests.

                                Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

                                Welcome Ad

                                Collapse
                                Working...
                                X