300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by UCLA1998 View Post
    Waiting 4 years was prior to schedule B. I got on before schedule B and it took me 14 months. Prior to 2012 there was a freeze due to the economy and etc, but besides that I've haven't seen a 4 year wait.
    See, I told you i could be wrong lol. The agent has been in for about 7-10 years so it may have been before schedule B. I am certain that he said he waited 4 years. I am in the USSS process and I am at 2 years and some change. It could happen.
    OUT!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Radio Raheem View Post
      See, I told you i could be wrong lol. The agent has been in for about 7-10 years so it may have been before schedule B. I am certain that he said he waited 4 years. I am in the USSS process and I am at 2 years and some change. It could happen.
      It's funny trying to explain this process to people who have only had private sector gigs their whole lives. Saying that I waited 6 months, 1 year or 2 years gets me a lot of funny looks.

Comment

• Originally posted by Radio Raheem View Post
        Yes. I don't think you can just walk in, interview and get chosen for the job at the end. It is still a process, right? Even for schedule B. At that is what I gathered, but I could be totally wrong. I've have been wrong more times than I have been right lol
        You'll find it to be essentially identical to USSS process, Radio... save the initial invite to apply on USAJobs after your (if you have one) Pre-interview screening with an agent.
        Schedule B isn't any quicker than current other 1811 processes despite what people keep saying about it. It's not any slower either. All of them seem to move around a month or so between steps with the same number of steps. With intermittent speed bumps and hiccups, extremes of 9 months to 2 years on any of them. Schedule B is more streamlined for the agency but for the applicant it feels the same as the others.

Sent from my Ultra Magic SuperPhone using Tapatalk.
        Last edited by bayranger; 02-16-2016, 02:22 PM.

Comment

• Any more calls, or is the March class full already?

Comment

• Originally posted by dosumthing View Post
            Any more calls, or is the March class full already?
            This was posted a while back, not sure how accurate it ended up being though. Can anyone advise?

Originally posted by Whitecw View Post
            hey guys here's the class dates for this new year for ATF CITP & SABT classes of 48 students each
            CITP : SABT
            11/24/2015 - 2/18/2016: 2/23/2016 - 6/2/2016
            1/26/2016 - 4/13/2016: 4/18/2016 - 7/28/2016
            3/29/2016 - 6/15/2016: 6/20/2016 - 9/26/2016
            5/18/2016 - 8/5/2016: 8/10/2016 - 11/22/2016

Comment

• For any of the current agents or anyone on here that knows, how much time do they usually give you before academy, what do they aim for and what is the least amount of time you have heard of getting notice.

Comment

• Originally posted by bayranger View Post
                You'll find it to be essentially identical to USSS process, Radio... save the initial invite to apply on USAJobs after your (if you have one) Pre-interview screening with an agent.
                Schedule B isn't any quicker than current other 1811 processes despite what people keep saying about it. It's not any slower either. All of them seem to move around a month or so between steps with the same number of steps. With intermittent speed bumps and hiccups, extremes of 9 months to 2 years on any of them. Schedule B is more streamlined for the agency but for the applicant it feels the same as the others.

Not true. Certain people process faster than others. I took the written test the end of May and received my offer the end of October. That is EXTREMELY FAST compared to other agencies for an 1811 gig.

I believe there's going to be a gradual slow down in processing. I was told today that 5 classes for FY17 approved (not all 48s) and then that will probably be the end of Schedule B.

Comment

• Originally posted by jimlv View Post
                  For any of the current agents or anyone on here that knows, how much time do they usually give you before academy, what do they aim for and what is the least amount of time you have heard of getting notice.
                  I know a guy that got a 3 week notice, and I know another guy that two months.

Comment

• Originally posted by FD2FED1977 View Post
                    Not true. Certain people process faster than others. I took the written test the end of May and received my offer the end of October. That is EXTREMELY FAST compared to other agencies for an 1811 gig.

I believe there's going to be a gradual slow down in processing. I was told today that 5 classes for FY17 approved (not all 48s) and then that will probably be the end of Schedule B.
                    Nice! Congrats on that speed. So YOU processed extremely fast, FD, but that's far from the norm for schedule B. I was taking everyone's different process speeds into account. Almost nobody has processed that fast on here in the 2 years or so I've been on here. So your 5 month Timeline is extremely fast compared to ANYONE... But not compared to other agencies. I have been in several processes in those 2 years and they have all been about the same. USSS was the fastest I finished in 9 months. It took me almost that long to get from applying to getting the results from my interview with ATF. There are many October 2014 applicants who are still waiting on polygraph results 16 months after applying so tell them how much faster it is lol.
                    If you are telling people to expect anything like your process with Schedule B then you're setting people up to be likely disappointed. It could happen that quick sure. But I've seen FBI, USPIS, and USSS go that quick, too. Hell there are people that have been waiting almost a year just for final clearances with ATF. So it's no faster than those agencies who aren't on schedule B. Some go fast. Some go slow.
                    Not that any of the process speed matters bc if you want the job then you take as long as it takes, regardless. I don't have a dog in the hunt anymore, but I keep hearing how blazing fast Schedule B is when the reality is... It's the same. That is true.

Last edited by bayranger; 02-16-2016, 10:48 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by jimlv View Post
                      For any of the current agents or anyone on here that knows, how much time do they usually give you before academy, what do they aim for and what is the least amount of time you have heard of getting notice.
                      Notice has been anywhere from 1 week to 10 weeks.

Comment

• Meeting with background investigator tomorrow.
                        Last edited by Aardvaark; 03-02-2016, 08:57 PM. Reason: Words.

Comment

• @Bay Have you received an offer with USSS?

Comment

• Originally posted by bayranger View Post
                            Nice! Congrats on that speed. So YOU processed extremely fast, FD, but that's far from the norm for schedule B. I was taking everyone's different process speeds into account. Almost nobody has processed that fast on here in the 2 years or so I've been on here. So your 5 month Timeline is extremely fast compared to ANYONE... But not compared to other agencies. I have been in several processes in those 2 years and they have all been about the same. USSS was the fastest I finished in 9 months. It took me almost that long to get from applying to getting the results from my interview with ATF. There are many October 2014 applicants who are still waiting on polygraph results 16 months after applying so tell them how much faster it is lol.
                            If you are telling people to expect anything like your process with Schedule B then you're setting people up to be likely disappointed. It could happen that quick sure. But I've seen FBI, USPIS, and USSS go that quick, too. Hell there are people that have been waiting almost a year just for final clearances with ATF. So it's no faster than those agencies who aren't on schedule B. Some go fast. Some go slow.
                            Not that any of the process speed matters bc if you want the job then you take as long as it takes, regardless. I don't have a dog in the hunt anymore, but I keep hearing how blazing fast Schedule B is when the reality is... It's the same. That is true.

We'll agree to disagree. There are only a handful of people sharing their timelines here. The reality is, there are plenty out there who process rather quickly but choose not to post here.

I have a close friend who, back in 2008-2010 took close to 3 years with two different agencies. The process, and with ATF especially, has become fluid and efficient. While to those waiting in the wings may not agree, when you're recruiting/vetting/hiring for 5 classes of 48/year, and your turnaround time is less than a year, well, that's strong.

Comment

• Originally posted by FD2FED1977 View Post
                              @Bay Have you received an offer with USSS?
                              Got notice I wasn't cleared medically after a follow-up. They didn't like a 20 year old medical deal I've had my whole career. Been cleared many times over my career with multiple LE agencies state and federal but it's all good. It's their call so I can't be mad at them.

Comment

• Originally posted by jb2257
                                Trust me when I tell you, that may be a blessing in disguise.
                                You're not the first to tell me that... Thanks man.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9103 users online. 282 members and 8821 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X