300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by jb2257
    It's not bad. Chicken 20 different ways. I recommend trying the banana pudding.
    How was your experience at FLETC? I don't stay too far from Glynco, due to being from the Atlanta area.

Comment

It was fine. (I was not there with ATF) I stayed focused on the fact that I was there to start my criminal investigative career, and not on spring break or a vacation. I didn't go out drinking or doing anything like that. I studied, visited my family, worked out, explored the local area, and made use of the FLETC library (which has an awesome collection of LE related books, video's and etc).

The biggest thing, is don't be out some where that you might have to explain to a boss later. By all means have fun and bond with your classmates, but you have the rest of your life to drink beer and cut loose, do not risk getting yourself in trouble while at training.
      Sound advice. I will add, as an alternative opinion, that you (not you specifically but whomever) can have your cake and eat it, too, so to speak. I went out a good bit while I was there for 6 months and enjoyed myself. I also never slept in class, was one of the elected class leaders, graduated in the top 1-3 people in each category of our class, and didn't get in any trouble. Point being, if you don't go out and have any beers, etc., you will be safe for sure. But you can responsibly (key word) go out and have some fun while being low-key and a good student-professional adult. Just like real life. If you get in trouble or have to explain yourself to someone, you probably weren't being a good student-professional adult. And, you were probably at a titty bar. Don't do that.

Sent from my Ultra Magic SuperPhone using Tapatalk.

Comment

• Originally posted by Radio Raheem View Post
        This is a completely unrelated question, which you probably already answered, but I submitted my pre-screening forms around October of last year. I haven't heard anything aside from "it's probably at headquarters." Is this usual? Do I apply to an open announcement? What is the process? Any information you have would be greatly appreciated.
        Contact your recruiter, or the recruiter for the area you live in. Explain how far you are in the process and your timeline.

Comment

• Originally posted by leolax11 View Post
          so i'll ask since i'm sure all of you guys are wondering how's the food at fletc!

Sent from my iphone using tapatalk
          ice cream!

Comment

• Originally posted by Radio Raheem View Post
            Yeah I know an ATF Special Agent who was in the process for 4 years. That is a little disturbing , but March/May prediction is uplifting.
            With schedule B?

Comment

• Originally posted by UCLA1998 View Post
              With schedule B?
              Exactly what I was thinking bro. That doesn't sound like a Schedule B applicant.

Comment

• Originally posted by FD2FED1977 View Post
                Exactly what I was thinking bro. That doesn't sound like a Schedule B applicant.
                Im pretty sure things start timing-out after 3 years.

Comment

Buddy, I completed most of this process while attending CITP and an add on with another agency. Who cares about how it makes you feel, I was ready to do whatever it took because ATF is my dream and I've spent 10 years working towards accomplishing it. The point is, if you really want this bad enough, you'll do whatever it takes to make it happen. You don't have to like it, you just have to do it.
                  Yep I agree. I am ready to do whatever it takes. But I will definitely never get over the feeling of betrayal with my new job. But it is what it is, and I'm just happy for the opportunity to make it this far in the process. Thanks for the pep talk and words of wisdom, its greatly appreciated to help maintain clarity.

Comment

• Originally posted by nsm2014 View Post
                    Im pretty sure things start timing-out after 3 years.
                    Waiting 4 years was prior to schedule B. I got on before schedule B and it took me 14 months. Prior to 2012 there was a freeze due to the economy and etc, but besides that I've haven't seen a 4 year wait.

Comment

• I know it's a little off topic here but does anyone have any idea when another announcement might come up?

Comment

• Originally posted by Vance33 View Post
                        I know it's a little off topic here but does anyone have any idea when another announcement might come up?
                        I was told that there may be another Schedule B announcement coming up around April. Contact your local ATF recruiter.

Comment

• Just talked to a coworker who has a Schedule B prescreen in the second week of March.

Comment

• Originally posted by Vance33 View Post
                            I know it's a little off topic here but does anyone have any idea when another announcement might come up?
                            I was recently told by a recruiter, March or May.

Comment

It was fine. (I was not there with ATF) I stayed focused on the fact that I was there to start my criminal investigative career, and not on spring break or a vacation. I didn't go out drinking or doing anything like that. I studied, visited my family, worked out, explored the local area, and made use of the FLETC library (which has an awesome collection of LE related books, video's and etc).

The biggest thing, is don't be out some where that you might have to explain to a boss later. By all means have fun and bond with your classmates, but you have the rest of your life to drink beer and cut loose, do not risk getting yourself in trouble while at training.

ETA: I should probably add that I was attending CITP shortly after several CITP students had screwed up pretty badly on a weekend. Needless to say it was impressed on us that anyone who stepped out of line while off duty would be dealt with quickly and severely. It was also explained that anyone who was present for an unacceptable incident and failed to stop it from occurring (within reasonable limitations) would receive the same penalty as the others who were the cause of the incident.
                              Thank you for the advice!

Comment

• Originally posted by UCLA1998 View Post
                                With schedule B?
                                Yes. I don't think you can just walk in, interview and get chosen for the job at the end. It is still a process, right? Even for schedule B. At least that is what I gathered, but I could be totally wrong. I've have been wrong more times than I have been right lol
                                Last edited by Radio Raheem; 02-16-2016, 01:38 PM.
                                OUT!!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 17355 users online. 443 members and 16912 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X