Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by USMCjonz View Post
    Both.....but the PEB is separate from
    anything ATF "requires." While you're in CI you follow FLETC standards and prescribed academia. Those standards differ from when you start SABT.

You'll actually run 3 PEBs if I remember correctly, one at beginning, one midway and a final one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I think we took 3 as well.

"Prescribed academia"......WOW!

Comment

• There should be a sticky at the top of each page that reads "You are going to wait!" or something of that sort. I was told if you're on a smooth pace in the process you should knock out one step a month and get 2-3 weeks notice before each step. To me the thing to keep in mind is you are clearing ONE step at a time. In a P.D. or S.O. or really any other job setting you go test over two or 3 days and the process runs it's course over maybe 6-8 weeks and it's over. Depending on the pool for those jobs you may be in the a pool of anywhere from a few dozen to a few hundred or a bigger fish in a smaller pond so to speak. Now you are a small fish in an ocean and you just have to wait there is no way around it.

Bottom line is don't get antsy. When you get antsy about the process your mind wanders. If you passed you have cleared two of the biggest steps. Your name being picked for a test, and you passed the written test. If you are on to the physical and know you can pass it, you're 3 steps up the ladder and still in the hunt!

Comment

• 2012 ATF Special Agent Announcement

In the past few rounds the first few steps were all about 30 days apart.

Don't wait, get in shape now and be ready for the PTT. This is the stage most get knocked out.

While you wait go back and read this ENTIRE thread. Be smart you don't have to read each post but the thread is like a revolving door and 99% of your questions have been asked more than once. Yea it is a lot of posts but think of it as your first assignment. It will help prepare and motivate you.

Lastly good luck and be ready to wait, wait, and wait some more.

Comment

• Originally posted by FD2FED1977 View Post
          I think we took 3 as well.

"Prescribed academia"......WOW!
          That's that Maryland education

Comment

• For all of the new guys it would be beneficial if you started at page 275 and then read to today's date. Most of that covers people who have gotten the call and then of course the current process for the rest of us. Everyone has a different timeline and to make a long story short, you wait.

I'm 3 months post interview and it's not exactly exciting. I have done this process before with the BP and it took me a little over 2 years to get hired. I hope this moves a little (lots) faster.

Oh, don't wait to start running and working on your push ups and sit ups.

Comment

• Originally posted by USMCjonz View Post
              That's that Maryland education

Maryland resident here. As much as i dislike certain aspects of my state, education is one of the few things they got right for the most part.

Comment

• YEP.... Submit and forget. Don't dwell on the wait...... You will drive yourself NUTS

Comment

• Originally posted by NC_Mtnman View Post
                  For all of the new guys it would be beneficial if you started at page 275 and then read to today's date. Most of that covers people who have gotten the call and then of course the current process for the rest of us. Everyone has a different timeline and to make a long story short, you wait.

I'm 3 months post interview and it's not exactly exciting. I have done this process before with the BP and it took me a little over 2 years to get hired. I hope this moves a little (lots) faster.

Oh, don't wait to start running and working on your push ups and sit ups.
                  I did this. I applied in the Sept/Oct pool. I caught myself reading the posts with questions about applications and resumes thinking "$h** I hope I did that right!!!" When I have already passed that part. Good read though. Picked up some info on things I had not thought of yet and some things to look forward to and think about!
                  Last edited by Lefty_47; 01-28-2016, 02:45 AM. Reason: added content

Comment

• Received medical clearance today after about nine months of commo dark. Praying that it won't be as long for the next step.

This thread has been a great resource, thanks to everyone for your posts.

Comment

• Originally posted by JManHEY View Post
                      Received medical clearance today after about nine months of commo dark. Praying that it won't be as long for the next step.

Congrats. Received mine last week, still waiting on the preference sheet.

Comment

• Are you guys October 14 or July 14 applicants?

Comment

• Originally posted by leolax11 View Post
                          Anybody have any good workout plans they used to get ready for fletc? I keep hearing how cross fit is being incorporated now would that be a good path to go? And yes I am running and working out now just want to hear what others have done

I know for me personally, I had to get my mind in work out mode. I also don't care for boring workout routines, so I incorporate Zumba, and other fun classes to help me out ( I'm a female, so we have a lot of classes we can take and enjoy), along with running, sit-ups, and etc.
                          Last edited by l_casey; 01-28-2016, 03:49 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by NC_Mtnman View Post
                            Are you guys October 14 or July 14 applicants?
                            Oct 14, and I hit refresh probably 30-40 times a day on my gmail.

Comment

• Originally posted by JManHEY View Post
                              Received medical clearance today after about nine months of commo dark. Praying that it won't be as long for the next step.

Congrats, that's a huge bump to have cleared. If you've already cleared the background, I'm confident the preference sheet will be headed your way soon!

Comment

• Originally posted by l_casey View Post
                                I know for me personally, I had to get my mind in work out mode. I also don't care for boring workout routines, so I incorporate Zumba, and other fun classes to help me out ( I'm a female, so we have a lot of classes we can take and enjoy), along with running, sit-ups, and etc.
                                I'm the same way. I hate boring workouts and running is my least favorite but necessary so I have to suck it up and just get it done. On off running days I'll do jump rope, burpees, mountain climbers which are great. Joining a UFC gym is an option if you have one in your area. You get intense cardio mixed in with boxing/kickboxing for a straight hour. Membership is expensive, but worth it.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6235 users online. 330 members and 5905 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X