300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by rs_2814 View Post
    Today was my exam. I got there early and things were going great through section 1. All of a sudden the server went down. I was the only one testing the room and I told my proctor. She called the support line and they made me turn off my test in the middle and told me they would contact me when I could take the test again. I am infuriated. I was so ready for today. I've been studying for so long, prepping myself for the chance to prove myself to not only everyone I know but to myself. And I couldn't do that today. I know it gives me time to study more and all that, but I feel let down. I know it was outside of my control, but damn. I hope everything works itself out soon. Vent over. Thanks for listening. You guys are great.
    Man that would infuriate anybody. It's like running out of the tunnel for the Super Bowl and after the first play them saying "Eh you know what, guys? Let's just do this next month or something."
    You hype yourself up for it then have to do it all over again.

Sent from my Ultra Magic SuperPhone using Tapatalk.

Comment

Today was my exam. I got there early and things were going great through section 1. All of a sudden the server went down. I was the only one testing the room and I told my proctor. She called the support line and they made me turn off my test in the middle and told me they would contact me when I could take the test again. I am infuriated. I was so ready for today. I've been studying for so long, prepping myself for the chance to prove myself to not only everyone I know but to myself. And I couldn't do that today. I know it gives me time to study more and all that, but I feel let down. I know it was outside of my control, but damn. I hope everything works itself out soon. Vent over. Thanks for listening. You guys are great.
      I had my exam today, too, and I have to admit there were about 5 times that the system froze up on me and I thought for sure I was going to find myself in a similar situation. That truly sucks and I feel for you. As someone who works in I.T. supporting massive companies and the problems that they deal with on broad scales, I often forget how much glitches in systems affect individuals and can impact us all. I hope you are given a shot to retest soon and that next time the servers cooperate. Good luck!

Comment

• Had the background interview today says he is hoping to submit it early next week. Oct 14' applicant

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Hey man, that sucks. I know how I was on test day, NERVOUS AS HELL. Keep in the books. I recently moved and found my old study guide with my math problems on notebook paper. I remember what it felt like to rack my brain doing math problems, sitting at my kitchen table like I was back in third grade.

Anyway, STAY POSITIVE and STAY FOCUSED. This is the best damn job going, and don't let the hiccup be a reflection of the agency. Pass the written, and move through the process. If you get the call, it'll be an awesome story to share with classmates when you're at FLETC.

Comment

• After several long months with no activity, the process is once again moving for me. Polygraph two weeks ago and background is almost completed. Oct. '14.

Comment

• Originally posted by EOD3576 View Post
              After several long months with no activity, the process is once again moving for me. Polygraph two weeks ago and background is almost completed. Oct. '14.
              So I shouldn't feel bad that I'm an April applicant and have not heard a peep since my interview? 3 months seems LONG....

Congrats on the movement. I'm guessing that your New Year's Resolution came true.

Comment

• Originally posted by NC_Mtnman View Post
                So I shouldn't feel bad that I'm an April applicant and have not heard a peep since my interview? 3 months seems LONG....

Congrats on the movement. I'm guessing that your New Year's Resolution came true.
                Almost 3 months post poly....haven't heard anything. Glad someone from Oct 14 is moving along.

Comment

• Originally posted by Firecop2653 View Post
                  Almost 3 months post poly....haven't heard anything. Glad someone from Oct 14 is moving along.

Things are starting to move for us Oct 14 applicants. Thats a great sign. Does anyone know if the ATF May class changed to 48? I know March is 48 but wasn't sure about May.

Comment

Try waiting 8 months post poly. Oct 14 here as well. I've called down and confirmed that I'm still an active candidate with them but that's all they tell me.

Comment

• Originally posted by JManHEY View Post
                      Try waiting 8 months post poly. Oct 14 here as well. I've called down and confirmed that I'm still an active candidate with them but that's all they tell me.

That's a LONG time post poly. Dang.

Sent from my Ultra Magic SuperPhone using Tapatalk.
                      Last edited by bayranger; 01-18-2016, 11:16 AM.

Comment

• You oct 14 guys what's your timeline as of today? My background just got sent to HQ and I'm still waiting on medical clearance

Comment

• Oct. 14 apply, same as everyone else from Oct. Announcement
                          Last edited by dosumthing; 01-19-2016, 10:57 AM.

Comment

I retract my previous statement. Just got the BI call

Comment

• Oct 14: Apply
                              Dec 14: Test
                              Jan 15: PTT
                              March 15: Interview
                              April 15: FedEx
                              May 15: Medical
                              May 15: Poly
                              June 15: Medical Follow Up
                              Dec 15: BI submitted
                              Jan 16: Denial, Anger, Depression, Bargaining, Acceptance

Comment

• ^^^^ identical to mine

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 12620 users online. 389 members and 12231 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X