Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I've been lurking for a while and figured to just go ahead and sign up so I can set sail with the rest of you on this journey.

Timeline:
    I never met anyone to pre-screen. Just got a call from the National Recruiting Director (assuming this is a tittle) and that was that.
    April 2015: Apply online
    June/July: Test
    August: PT (HOT in ATL)
    October: Interview
    Current: Crickets....

I'm expecting to have a hiccup in medical as I'm a Type 1 diabetic and they will most likely ask for an insurmountable list of documents. I'm prepared and expecting this. Just hope it doesn't crush my time before hiring is over.

I was really expecting to hear something by now but I realize that different regions move at a different pace. I've been through this process with the Border Patrol about six years ago and my hope is that the Schedule B moves faster and more reliably. I'm a prior FED with the Patrol and left for a multitude of reasons only to end up in a job. Job being a word I use to describe as a temporary form of employment. Oh, it's with family too.... If nothing comes along with ATF then I may end up in a green uniform again. Being an LEO is rewarding and I feel fulfilled even when times are not the best.

Anyways, any questions or what not then feel free to message me or reply.
    Last edited by NC_Mtnman ; 01-04-2016, 09:28 AM. Reason: "And' and "An" are different words.... I hit enter accidentally.

Comment

• Originally posted by NC_Mtnman View Post
      I try not to ask these as they are kind of not applicable as to the actual job, but can you not select a weapon to carry off of the approved list of weapons? A buddy in the DEA carries from an approved list of firearms and the last raid I did with HSI had agents carrying HK, Glock and SIG. I'm not asking because of the Shield in specific, but more in general.
      Not as of yet, just our baby glock for now. Although we literally just got some guidance that may put us more in line with the DEA policy of an approved list.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Last edited by Lee23; 05-15-2016, 11:21 PM.

Comment

If nothing comes along with ATF then I may end up in a green uniform again. Being and LEO is rewarding and I feel fulfilled even when times are not the best.
          True words, Carolina. Perspective will flip the script on Pessimism most every time.
          When you've been in the trenches a long time it's sometimes tough to see that the dirt in the trench is often greener than the grass on the other side.
          -Confucius

OK, it's not Confucius. I just made it up. But you agreed with it more thinking he said it, though, didn't you??

Sent from my Ultra Magic SuperPhone using Tapatalk.
          Last edited by bayranger; 01-04-2016, 09:07 AM.

Comment

• Thanks for the reply. Of course with the movement to 9mm I'm sure other changes will be coming down the pipe.

Comment

• I'm not sure how many April applicants are on here currently. The hiring pool is small compared to others and even among us, few actually post. I lurked around for six months before posting today.

Comment

I'm not sure how many April applicants are on here currently. The hiring pool is small compared to others and even among us, few actually post. I lurked around for six months before posting today.
                I am an April 2015 applicant as well. I have not heard anything since my interview. I was told no news is good news.

April 2015 - application
                July 2015 - written test
                August 2015- pt test
                October 2015- interview
                Nothing since then

I'm am processing out of NJ has any one from there heard anything?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Comment

• Applied/pre-lim interview: July 2014
                  Written Exam: December 2014
                  PT Test: January 2015
                  Panel Interview: February 2015
                  Fed Ex Packet: April 2015
                  E-qip Updated and submitted (Federal Agent currently):April 2015
                  Poly: May 2015
                  Medical: May or June 2015 can't recall.
                  Back and forth with investigators clearing up background questions/supplementals (contacted me about once a month): August 2015-November 2015
                  Medical Follow up: September 2015
                  Background investigation interview with field investigator: November 2015
                  Notified of Background investigation submission by Investigator in Washington: December 8 2015
                  Praying to the Almighty I am sent a Medical Clearance letter....NOW.
                  Last edited by AL_NERI; 01-04-2016, 10:54 AM.

Comment

• I'm April 2015 applicant. Still no word back from interview.

I am just hoping they don't place the new recent applicants in our small pool to increase the numbers and skip our place .

Hoping to get the ball rolling again, can't place my life on hold forever!

Rick
                    Treat others the way you would like to be treated.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rick Nelson 12 View Post
                      I'm April 2015 applicant. Still no word back from interview.

I am just hoping they don't place the new recent applicants in our small pool to increase the numbers and skip our place .

Hoping to get the ball rolling again, can't place my life on hold forever!

Rick
                      That's right. Don't place your life on hold and as hard as it is to listen to my own advice, just pretend that you never applied. The caveat to this is to keep up your conditioning. Sure, we all get lazy and fall off of the train, but be consistent in your training. I did this for the Border Patrol and it served me well.

Comment

• I also forgot to add to this that I passed the IOI background for ATF this summer so I am HOPING that the background will be used instead of restarting the process. I also have a current 5 year background and current EQIP.

Comment

• I'm an April 2015 applicant. Here is my time line.

Prescreen (Feb/2015)
                          Applied (April/2015)
                          Written (June/2015)
                          PFT (Aug/2015)
                          Interview (Oct/2015)
                          Fedex (Nov/2015)
                          Medical/ Drug Test completed (Nov/2015)
                          Completed e-QIP process (Dec/2015) Holding current TS
                          Poly/BI/Medical clearance (?)

On a different note, with the President wishing to use executive power to close the gun show loop hole, what could this move mean for the ATF-perhaps more funding and agents? I'm interested in your feedback.

Happy New Year, keep on pushing

Comment

• Originally posted by CLOS35 View Post
                            I'm an April 2015 applicant. Here is my time line.

Prescreen (Feb/2015)
                            Applied (April/2015)
                            Written (June/2015)
                            PFT (Aug/2015)
                            Interview (Oct/2015)
                            Fedex (Nov/2015)
                            Medical/ Drug Test completed (Nov/2015)
                            Completed e-QIP process (Dec/2015) Holding current TS
                            Poly/BI/Medical clearance (?)

On a different note, with the President wishing to use executive power to close the gun show loop hole, what could this move mean for the ATF-perhaps more funding and agents? I'm interested in your feedback.

Happy New Year, keep on pushing
                            Wow, at least one April 2015 applicant is moving along, put me in the giant pool of applicants who hasn't heard anything since interview in August.

Comment

• For those from the October '14 hiring pool that are still on here, have any of you been contacted by an investigator to go over your background? I have a TS clearance now and other than the ID check, I was never notified of any movement. I saw AL_NERI's timeline and now it has me trying to make some sense of it all since its been radio silence ever since my poly awhile back. Or maybe I'm just grasping for some hope....

Comment

• Updated Timeline:
                                April 2015: Application
                                June 2015: Written Test
                                August 2015: PFT
                                October 2015: Interview
                                December 2015: Fedex Notice
                                Jan 2016: Medical Scheduled
                                Poly: ????
                                BI: ????

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8838 users online. 293 members and 8545 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X