Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Zero updates on my end. October applicant.
    On the current employer front... I told my immediate supervisor shortly after applying for another 1811 gig so when they did my background everybody here knew. I have been getting the whole "Well are you even going to be here for this training, etc.?" since then. But so be it bc they need to know.

Comment

• I guess I have a quasi update, although its not good news for me but may be for others. I just got another medical follow up request last week because somewhere along the line some of my paperwork didn't make it to the MRO. So good news is they are still sorting through them and seem to be a little quicker than the first one, bad news for me is that I am just waiting again. One month post poly and still no word from my BI, I have no clearance currently my previous TS lapsed in 2013.

Comment

• I advised my upper level supervisors of my progress. They have all been extremely supportive. I'm especially glad they are not upset with the days I've missed traveling for the process.

Comment

• ATF agents arrest two national guardsmen for selling military weapons, ammo, and body armor. Good job agents. Keep up the good work.

http://www.cnn.com/2015/04/15/politi...els/index.html

Comment

• I'll apologize in advance for wasting some peoples' time with this question. However
            I submitted my application but like a couple others, I uploaded the required documents twice . Primarily because I misspelled one word on my résumé so I uploaded the corrected version via opm. I am unable to delete documents once uploaded. Does anyone think it will be a problem ?

Comment

• My understanding is that they take the most recent versions of duplicate docs, so I'm sure you'll be good to go.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• How many folks on here processed out of Baltimore or picked Baltimore as one of their preferences? If so was it only Baltimore or did they have Wilmington listed as well?

Comment

• So the overwhelming consensus is to "tell your leadership", generally once the BI is started.. hmmm.....

All of my mentors I've asked, albeit they don't understand the 1811 application process, have vehemently advised me not to tell my company anything until I have received The Call. I, personally, feel as though I need to let them know sooner. You guys have basically reaffirmed that. Hopefully it goes well! And hopefully I get hired... that's what would really be bad

Comment

• Originally posted by USMCjonz View Post
                    How many folks on here processed out of Baltimore or picked Baltimore as one of their preferences? If so was it only Baltimore or did they have Wilmington listed as well?

I processed out of Baltimore and listed Baltimore as one of my preferences.
                    I only listed Baltimore, are you referring to Wilmington NC?? What is the reason that you've grouped Baltimore and Wilmington together like that?

Comment

• Originally posted by ClassicRabbit View Post
                      I processed out of Baltimore and listed Baltimore as one of my preferences.
                      I only listed Baltimore, are you referring to Wilmington NC?? What is the reason that you've grouped Baltimore and Wilmington together like that?
                      My bad....Wilmington, DE

Comment

• Originally posted by ClassicRabbit View Post
                        So the overwhelming consensus is to "tell your leadership", generally once the BI is started.. hmmm.....

All of my mentors I've asked, albeit they don't understand the 1811 application process, have vehemently advised me not to tell my company anything until I have received The Call. I, personally, feel as though I need to let them know sooner. You guys have basically reaffirmed that. Hopefully it goes well! And hopefully I get hired... that's what would really be bad
                        Here is the thing to keep in mind. They will find out before your final offer because the BI will be at your work investigating you. So do you want them to hear it from you or from the BI knocking on their door.

Comment

• I concur; the time to tell them is when the background starts. I told my immediate supervisor at the beginning and I wish I wouldn't have.

Comment

• I have posted this before, and not to toot my own horn (okay, maybe I am tooting my own horn a little), this is the best advice you are going to get. How do I know you ask? Because I have done this three times. Once when I actually got a gov job, once when funding ran out after my process was complete (good thin letter, if you know this thread), and once when I had to turn a job down. Every work situation is different, but all of my employers appreciated my honesty, and my job was never in jeopardy. So here we go:

They will talk to your current employer. You should talk to your employer first. Practice these phrases:

"I am very happy here, the job looks interesting and I just wanted to apply."
                            "I want to be honest with you, and don't want you to be caught off guard if you are contacted."
                            "This does not mean I am definitely leaving."
                            "I just want to keep my options open."
                            "I am not sure if I will take it, even if they offer it."
                            "It is in the very early stages at this point, but I will be sure to give you plenty of notice if this becomes a reality."

Just my $.02.

There is nothing wrong with waiting for the BI to start. But there is a risk that someone could contact your current employer before you are aware. I know this is not par for the course, but once you submit your paperwork allowing them to start your background, there is nothing stating they have to contact you before they start.
                            Last edited by SterlingArcher; 04-16-2015, 09:36 AM.

Comment

My bad....Wilmington, DE

I am a October applicant processing out of the DCFO, however, I did put down Baltimore as my first preference. Still waiting on the FEDEX Email.....patiently....

Comment

How many folks on here processed out of Baltimore or picked Baltimore as one of their preferences? If so was it only Baltimore or did they have Wilmington listed as well?

My sheet had Baltimore, Wilmington, and Hyattsville listed together.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3754 users online. 223 members and 3531 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X