Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When medical clearance goes through, the confirmation will be emailed to you. After all steps are completed and you are waiting for the "the call"; If I'm working in Iraq right now, would they email me for offer?? Anyone know of this type of circumstance?
    Last edited by mbedsun; 04-04-2015, 06:36 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by imperial_meg View Post
      So, I've been stalking this tread for a while, and finally decided to stop being a creeper, and say "hi." I'm an October applicant, just pushed out my FedEx package. Med is scheduled for next week. Here's hoping that goes well, writing out my full medical history made me realize how apparently accident prone I've been over the past few years.
      I am also an Oct applicant. When did you do your interview?

Comment

• Originally posted by d-g-m View Post
        I am also an Oct applicant. When did you do your interview?
        I interviewed in the first week of March, got my FedEx notification last Tuesday - and a phone call that FedEx lost my address, which was awesome - sent all of my paperwork back on Thursday.

Can anyone who recently went through medical talk about what to expect? I'm probably psyching myself out, but it would be great to know what I'm going into.

Comment

I interviewed in the first week of March, got my FedEx notification last Tuesday - and a phone call that FedEx lost my address, which was awesome - sent all of my paperwork back on Thursday.

Can anyone who recently went through medical talk about what to expect? I'm probably psyching myself out, but it would be great to know what I'm going into.
          I think a lot of it is determined by the doc that you get. Mine was very picky about pretty much everything, especially height / weight ratio. If you have ANY previous medical issues in your life, bring letters from your doctor(s) and documentation with you to hopefully avoid a follow up and delay. I've been through a lot of law enforcement medicals and this was by far the most stringent (and longest wait for a clearance).

Comment

Hm, well I'm not sure if that info put me to ease or made me more nervous. I too interviewed in the first week of March in DC. Where at in the Country did you interview?

Comment

Oct applicant. Interviewed first week of March. Still waiting on FedEx notification. Sweating profusely.

FedEx lost your address. Wow.

Comment

• Originally posted by bayranger View Post
                Oct applicant. Interviewed first week of March. Still waiting on FedEx notification. Sweating profusely.

Right there with ya...

Comment

• Originally posted by FutureAgent001 View Post
                  I think a lot of it is determined by the doc that you get. Mine was very picky about pretty much everything, especially height / weight ratio. If you have ANY previous medical issues in your life, bring letters from your doctor(s) and documentation with you to hopefully avoid a follow up and delay. I've been through a lot of law enforcement medicals and this was by far the most stringent (and longest wait for a clearance).
                  I didn't think it was that bad. For me, it was just like any other medical exam/yearly physical I've ever gotten. Chalk that up to a difference in doctors I suppose.

Bring any documentation you believe you may need, follow the instructions they provided, take a deep breath when it's all done and follow that up with a big dose of patience when its over. If they need more follow up from you, they'll contact you. So, if you know something may require further documentation, like LASIK, prep and reach out to the physician. Let them know you may need something signed off by them.

Comment

• I interviewed in Denver. I think the FedEx thing was a weird fluke with my address.
                    I'm sure it's been covered here, but I had LASIK about 4 years ago, I'm assuming they'll still want documentation on that, right?

Comment

• Seems that any medical history will need follow up docs. I had a abnormal EKG 7 years ago and still went out and provided follow up docs to avoid any issues. I had LASIK in December 2014, and had just been 3 weeks at the time of the medical so I knew I was going to have to get a medical follow up for that.

Comment

Where did you interview, bayranger?

Comment

Where did you interview, bayranger?
                          Tried to PM you to no avail. Interviewed in the southeast.

Comment

Tried to PM you to no avail. Interviewed in the southeast.
                            I honestly have no idea how this whole thing works. I just joined last week so chances are my settings are all jacked up. Well, Oct applicants in Denver have gotten their packages. I don't know that anyone on the East Coast has received anything yet, including myself. This process may be the death of me..

Comment

I honestly have no idea how this whole thing works. I just joined last week so chances are my settings are all jacked up. Well, Oct applicants in Denver have gotten their packages. I don't know that anyone on the East Coast has received anything yet, including myself. This process may be the death of me..
                              And it's only just begun... LOL

I understand man. Private Message is off by default and you have to turn on the feature through your Officer.com profile settings (on the full site not an app). Also after awhile your message allowance will get full and you'll need to delete your "Sent messages" and "inbox" messages to clear up space before you can receive any more. That's a freebie. Enjoy.
                              Last edited by bayranger; 03-31-2015, 12:22 PM.

Comment

• Just wanted to finally add myself to this thread. I'm an October applicant. I interviewed the second week of March. No fed ex package yet. Still waiting.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6425 users online. 355 members and 6070 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X