Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2012 ATF Special Agent Announcement

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by patriot772 View Post
    Kind of stupid if they went through the trouble of making you sign for a rejection. I would give it a 20% chance it is ATF negative correspondence.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    80% chance it's from overstock.com. 20% chance it's from an eBay purchase.
    All I've ever heard is "FedEx thick" or "FedEx thin". Unless there's a new "USPS just right/medium"...
    I don't think you should fret over it, either, CRT22. I also interviewed first week of March. I haven't received anything yet.
    Last edited by bayranger; 03-28-2015, 10:11 AM.

    Comment


    • Originally posted by CRT22 View Post
      I'm praying it's not a thin letter.
      They email the thin letter.... My buddy got one after he interviewed. Why waste the money sending it through mail?! Lol.....
      "No battle plan survives contact with the enemy"

      Helmuth Karl Bernhard Graf von Moltke
      German Generalfieldmarshall

      Comment


      • Originally posted by FormerUSAF View Post
        They email the thin letter.... My buddy got one after he interviewed. Why waste the money sending it through mail?! Lol.....
        When did your buddy interview and was it for ATF schedule B? Also did he like really screw up on the I interview or were there better qualified applicants he was competing against? Further did he hear back quicker from ATF?
        Last edited by Njw85; 03-28-2015, 11:13 AM.

        Comment


        • Originally posted by FormerUSAF View Post
          They email the thin letter.... My buddy got one after he interviewed. Why waste the money sending it through mail?! Lol.....
          I'd say that's pretty thin, then. So thin that it only has 1 side. Thanks for the knowledge. Not too many folks proclaiming their thin letter stories on here.

          Comment


          • Originally posted by Njw85 View Post
            When did your buddy interview? Also did he like really screw up on the I interview or were there better qualified applicants he was competing against?
            I cleared my PM boxes, Njw...

            Comment


            • Originally posted by FormerUSAF View Post
              They email the thin letter.... My buddy got one after he interviewed. Why waste the money sending it through mail?! Lol.....
              Any idea how much time went by for your buddy from the time he interviewed to the emailed rejection?

              Comment


              • It's was a publisher clearance check. I'm rich. Obviously joking. Not ATF related either.

                Comment


                • From what I hear, people who failed the interview have the hero mentality and are susceptible to peer pressure...

                  Comment


                  • I'm not sure how consistent this is across the country but to talked to the ASAC when I got my fingerprints done and he said there are only 6 of the initial 20 names the division selected left, and based on history he believed he would lose at least one more to the poly. Just a little tidbit for those who like to speculate on numbers.

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by Firefox View Post
                      I'm not sure how consistent this is across the country but to talked to the ASAC when I got my fingerprints done and he said there are only 6 of the initial 20 names the division selected left, and based on history he believed he would lose at least one more to the poly. Just a little tidbit for those who like to speculate on numbers.
                      Keep in mind not all the names they submit will be signed off by the ASAC. Not everyone pass the exam and the PT alone will knock at least 30% alone out. Not sure on the interview. I was told "great job" after my interview, however, until I get that email with the FedEx tracking number that's when I'll believe it. But I have good intentions that I passed so we shall wait and see.

                      Also I was told by my buddies and supervisors/RAC's in the ATF that they want to hire a person. This is not like other processes, your hand picked so more than likely when you get through this process you'll get hired at sometime. The only thing that could prevent that is funding, however, due to the retirement of over a thousand agents by 2018 the funding will be there.
                      Last edited by Njw85; 03-28-2015, 01:19 PM.

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by MDPO32 View Post
                        Just curious Im going through this round April 6th I figured I was on the young side being 25 I went through Fletc 2 and a half years ago as well and I remember most of the citp students to be around 30 if not older but thanks for the replies
                        I'm going through the April 6th process as well and I'm only 21. However, I was definitely the youngest one at my prescreen.

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by yankee22 View Post
                          I'm going through the April 6th process as well and I'm only 21. However, I was definitely the youngest one at my prescreen.
                          Talk about being set if you make it through! Best of luck, kid. [emoji6]

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by bayranger View Post
                            I'll just say I'm an exception age-wise bc I'm already in a 6c covered LE position. (Aka "old")
                            Ain't that the truth!!


                            Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by Njw85 View Post
                              Keep in mind not all the names they submit will be signed off by the ASAC. Not everyone pass the exam and the PT alone will knock at least 30% alone out. Not sure on the interview. I was told "great job" after my interview, however, until I get that email with the FedEx tracking number that's when I'll believe it. But I have good intentions that I passed so we shall wait and see.

                              Also I was told by my buddies and supervisors/RAC's in the ATF that they want to hire a person. This is not like other processes, your hand picked so more than likely when you get through this process you'll get hired at sometime. The only thing that could prevent that is funding, however, due to the retirement of over a thousand agents by 2018 the funding will be there.
                              Don't hold your breath on funding past FY15. Not having an confirmed director will hurt us after this FY. No one in congress cares about our staffing numbers and lobbyist want to tie both hands behind our backs. ATF has never in the past hired consistently rather in sperts. Schedule B is an ok process but it doesn't ensure the best candidates get through. It's all about who has the best hook.
                              Last edited by Orangeman22; 03-28-2015, 06:09 PM.

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by 1811orBust View Post
                                I can tell you in my CITP class more than half of us either were 30+ or turned 30 during training.


                                Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
                                At this rate, that might be me...I turn 29 this year. Of course, pending a good outcome AFTER I finally get a FedEx email.


                                Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

                                Comment

                                MR300x250 Tablet

                                Collapse

                                What's Going On

                                Collapse

                                There are currently 4943 users online. 207 members and 4736 guests.

                                Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

                                Welcome Ad

                                Collapse
                                Working...
                                X