300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Hmiddle02 View Post
    As a heads up to the remaining Feb. 2014 applicants, I received an updated preference list today via email.
    That's awesome, I'm a Feb 2014 applicant and still haven't received the updated preference sheet yet. Any other other Feb 2014 applicants still waiting?

Comment

• Originally posted by bayranger View Post
      Unless you are currently in a pay grade/step which is higher salary than your offer, you will be a step 1 for that offered pay grade.
      In other words, currently a 7 step 3, offered a 9. You'll be 9 step 1.
      Currently a 9 step 3, offered a 9. You'll be a 9 step 3.
      Currently a 9 step 1, offered a 7. You'll be a 7 step 7 (or maybe a step 8 depending on exact salary figures).
      FYI when you promote to the next grade, you take your current step (ie a 7/6), add 2 steps (7/8), then take that "+2" salary and look at the next grade you're promoting onto. Whatever closest step in your new promotional grade is at least equal to that new salary is what you'll get (ie an 11/3 or something).
      I didn't look at the scale for that example. I'm just guessing steps but the principle is accurate if the steps are not.
      BAAAAAAAAAAY! Didn't I ban you from trying to do math on here!?!?!?!? (Inside joke folks)

Comment

• Originally posted by FD2FED1977 View Post
        BAAAAAAAAAAY! Didn't I ban you from trying to do math on here!?!?!?!? (Inside joke folks)
        Why you gotta bring up old stuff, man?!? Lol. You screw up numbers ONE TIME on here!.... (or 3 or whatever that particular situation was... Whatever...) I thought if I jumped out and showed some prowess, it might get my numerical cred back up to snuff! I aced the math part of the test, man! Aced it, I tell ya! Aww forget it... (hands in pocket, head down, kicking random bits of gravel...)

Comment

• Originally posted by The Watcher View Post
          That's awesome, I'm a Feb 2014 applicant and still haven't received the updated preference sheet yet. Any other other Feb 2014 applicants still waiting?
          I'm a Feb 14 guy still waiting. But I have never had a federal job so I don't have the clearance yet. So I know they are currently still working on that.

Comment

I am a Feb. 14 applicant as well. I am still waiting on my medical clearance letter from July with follow up medical in October.
            I am curious for those of you getting updated preference sheets, do you all have your medical clearance letters?

Comment

I guess plus 2 only kicks in really when you are in a higher step in your current grade then later promote up.
              Like if you're a 9 step 8 upon hire... If you were a 11 step 1 upon promotion, then you'd actually be making less after promotion. You have to go up at least 2 steps from your previous pay after promotion.

I meant "8" as a step within grade (i.e. grade 7, step 8), not the grade itself. My bad. I started doing shorthand as my thumb began to numb...

Plus two only pertains to promotions. If your brought one at a lower GS pay than your previous job your plus 2 promotion will be at the highest retained rate.

Comment

• 2012 ATF Special Agent Announcement

Originally posted by bayranger View Post
                Why you gotta bring up old stuff, man?!? Lol. You screw up numbers ONE TIME on here!.... (or 3 or whatever that particular situation was... Whatever...) I thought if I jumped out and showed some prowess, it might get my numerical cred back up to snuff! I aced the math part of the test, man! Aced it, I tell ya! Aww forget it... (hands in pocket, head down, kicking random bits of gravel...)
                Dude.......FD2FED is the math police on here. I swear to christ he's getting a kick back from Officer.Com for finding mistakes in our salary math equations. MP FD2FED1977 STRIKES AGAIN!!!!!
                Last edited by patriot772; 03-21-2015, 01:42 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by patriot772 View Post
                  Dude.......Fed2FED is the math police on here. I swear to christ he's getting a kick back from Officer.Com for finding mistakes in our salary math equations. MP FED2FED1977 STRIKES AGAIN!!!!!
                  I can't imagine the reign of correctional terror about to be unleashed when he sees his screen name being quoted incorrectly...

Comment

• 2012 ATF Special Agent Announcement

Originally posted by bayranger View Post
                    I can't imagine the reign of correctional terror about to be unleashed when he sees his screen name being quoted incorrectly...
                    Yeah I toyed with keeping it the same but decided to edit it to hopefully save myself the speech. Just can't catch a break I guess.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                    Last edited by patriot772; 03-21-2015, 01:47 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by EODJesse View Post
                      I am a Feb. 14 applicant as well. I am still waiting on my medical clearance letter from July with follow up medical in October.
                      I am curious for those of you getting updated preference sheets, do you all have your medical clearance letters?
                      On the previous page ZMAN stated he received the preference sheet to be updated and was still waiting on medical clearance so I guess it's possible to receive it before being cleared. I'm also waiting for medical clearance from August.

Comment

On the previous page ZMAN stated he received the preference sheet to be updated and was still waiting on medical clearance so I guess it's possible to receive it before being cleared. I'm also waiting for medical clearance from August.
                        I remember your post from page 201 about receiving the updated list after completing every step of the process, so I was surprised to receive it before the med clearance letter.

Just to speculate, perhaps my medical is good to go, but HQ hasn't sent the letter yet (that's what I'm hoping for).

As I stated in my last post, the updated sheet had to be sent in within 24 hrs... so stay on top of those inboxes! Maybe a tad bit excessive, but I check my box ~10x per day.

Comment

• Originally posted by Z man View Post
                          I remember your post from page 201 about receiving the updated list after completing every step of the process, so I was surprised to receive it before the med clearance letter.

Just to speculate, perhaps my medical is good to go, but HQ hasn't sent the letter yet (that's what I'm hoping for).

As I stated in my last post, the updated sheet had to be sent in within 24 hrs... so stay on top of those inboxes! Maybe a tad bit excessive, but I check my box ~10x per day.
                          10x a day. Hahaha... That's adorable.

Comment

• Originally posted by patriot772 View Post
                            Dude.......FD2FED is the math police on here. I swear to christ he's getting a kick back from Officer.Com for finding mistakes in our salary math equations. MP FD2FED1977 STRIKES AGAIN!!!!!
                            I just got a new b a d a s s tactical vest.....its a smock with a nice pocket in front to fit my calculator and OPM quick reference guide to LEO salaries! Don't mess with the MP!

Comment

• Originally posted by Z man View Post

That would be a fair speculation, hopefully we'll all get cleared here shortly. My contact told me once you have received and completed the updated preference sheet, you are very close If not next up for a class.

Comment

Not sure if sending resumes to hq is the same group that's gets the go head but my mass email saying we were signed off and wait for the usajobs app had about 50 people on it.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4672 users online. 196 members and 4476 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X