300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by bayranger View Post
    Once the email USAJobs invite to apply goes out, schedule B is pretty much identical to other 1811 USAJobs processes. OPM will grade your USAJobs application like they do in other processes. But there's a specific small pool of pre-screened candidates instead of the thousands to weed through in regular hiring processes. The 3 years of being a probationary employee that has to (automatically) convert is the other main difference.
    If I'm wrong on any of that, someone please correct me. But that's how I understand it all to be.

So even if you were recommended by the SAC, when the time comes to apply, OPM can be like, nope?

Comment

• Actually, I believe as long as you complete the application and required docs, you'll get a test date. Seems that if the SAC sends your info the HQ and get a link, you should be qualified.

Comment

• 2012 ATF Special Agent Announcement

Originally posted by bayranger View Post
        Unless you are currently in a pay grade/step which is higher salary than your offer, you will be a step 1 for that offered pay grade.
        In other words, currently a 7 step 3, offered a 9. You'll be 9 step 1.
        Currently a 9 step 3, offered a 9. You'll be a 9 step 3.
        Currently a 9 step 1, offered a 7. You'll be a 7 step 7 (or maybe a step 8 depending on exact salary figures).
        FYI when you promote to the next grade, you take your current step (ie a 7/6), add 2 steps (7/8), then take that "+2" salary and look at the next grade you're promoting onto. Whatever closest step in your new promotional grade is at least equal to that new salary is what you'll get (ie an 11/3 or something).
        I didn't look at the scale for that example. I'm just guessing steps but the principle is accurate if the steps are not.
        Great info, however you won't be an 8......you'll only be hired at 5,7,9 and stepped out accordingly.

Also instead of doing the plus 2 calculation, which isn't technically wrong, just find the grade/step that's above what you make in the current grade. So if you happen to be an 11/10 falling under the Philadelphia pay scale you'll make $81,219 without leap, upon promotion you'll be 12/4 $82,374 because 12/3 is less than what you currently make at 11/10. Bay is right, but that next pay bump is rarely going to be equal due to numbers, you'll usually end up making slightly more. But I'm not in anyway knocking his information game!!

If I'm wrong Fed2Fed will probably call me out, LOL

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• Med scheduled, FedEx'd forms filled out signed and overnighted to HQ. Now I wait.

Comment

• Originally posted by USMCjonz View Post
            Great info, however you won't be an 8......you'll only be hired at 5,7,9 and stepped out accordingly.

Also instead of doing the plus 2 calculation, which isn't technically wrong, just find the grade/step that's above what you make in the current grade. So if you happen to be an 11/10 falling under the Philadelphia pay scale you'll make $81,219 without leap, upon promotion you'll be 12/4 $82,374 because 12/3 is less than what you currently make at 11/10. Bay is right, but that next pay bump is rarely going to be equal due to numbers, you'll usually end up making slightly more. But I'm not in anyway knocking his information game!!

If I'm wrong Fed2Fed will probably call me out, LOL

I guess plus 2 only kicks in really when you are in a higher step in your current grade then later promote up.
            Like if you're a 9 step 8 upon hire... If you were a 11 step 1 upon promotion, then you'd actually be making less after promotion. You have to go up at least 2 steps from your previous pay after promotion.

I meant "8" as a step within grade (i.e. grade 7, step 8), not the grade itself. My bad. I started doing shorthand as my thumb began to numb...
            Last edited by bayranger; 03-20-2015, 01:44 PM.

Comment

Good call on the starting pay not being plus 2. [emoji113] Only when promoting from grade to grade.
              I meant "8" as a step within grade (i.e. grade 7, step 8), not the grade itself. My bad. I started doing shorthand as my thumb began to numb...
              You're info was correct just putting out some tricks I learned along the way!! Not knocking your hustle in anyway! Good info!

Comment

• As a heads up to the remaining Feb. 2014 applicants, I received an updated preference list today via email.

Comment

Last edited by B14_SRT; 04-03-2015, 05:00 AM.

Comment

• A good day for Feb applicants. Congrats, guys. Won't be long now!

Comment

• Does anyone know how many resumes each FO can send to HQ each round of schedule B? Or is it as many as they want

Comment

• Originally posted by MDPO32 View Post
                        Does anyone know how many resumes each FO can send to HQ each round of schedule B? Or is it as many as they want

Comment

Thanks for the info, also does atf transfer any clearances or do they start from scratch on the BI

Comment

• Originally posted by MDPO32 View Post
                            Thanks for the info, also does atf transfer any clearances or do they start from scratch on the BI
                            They definitely transfer. You will sign an agreement.

Comment

• October applicants in July class...maybe...?
                              Last edited by lady j; 03-22-2015, 08:37 AM.

Comment

They definitely transfer. You will sign an agreement.
                                Again thank you

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4673 users online. 198 members and 4475 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X