Clear All

• Originally posted by Firefox View Post
    FedEx package is in hand.
    Awesome!! Im jealous!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• Originally posted by Firefox View Post
      FedEx package is in hand.
      You give us hope, Sir. Godspeed. Congrats.

Comment

• So from my understanding, schedule B hiring is something that's not done through OPM?

Comment

• Got an e-mail this morning with an updated preference sheet to be returned within 24 hrs. It was revised 2 Mar.

Don't worry, Fargo, ND, is still on the list.

July applicant--everything complete except medical clearance letter.

Comment

• Originally posted by Z man View Post
            Got an e-mail this morning with an updated preference sheet to be returned within 24 hrs. It was revised 2 Mar.

July applicant here and still need to do the BG and Polygraph

Comment

Classic.
              Thanks for info and congrats on the movement.

Comment

• Did you attend the one in downtown DC? I did in December--did they definitely say the link to apply would come on April 6? If so that'd be great..get the ball rolling a bit

Comment

• Quick question: I understand you're given your grade level as part of your "FedEx package," but how do you know what step you are (i.e. step 1 or step 10)?

On a side note, I keep hearing things about vision requirements. I think some people are researching the wrong info, or obsolete info, but I don't see anything on the agency site, nor was it posted in the requirements when I applied, specifically about vision requirements. I do know that they used to have minimum numbers (i.e. at least 20/100 uncorrected) posted, but have since removed it from the home page.

The reason why I bring this up is because on "old requirements," I wouldn't meet the minimum distance (uncorrected). However, I have been wearing contacts most of my adult life, and have corrected vision that is 20/15 in both eyes. Does anyone have different info? I'm being told by agents that I work with that it shouldn't be an issue. Does anyone have factual information, or is most of it based on speculation?

In any case, I guess I'll find out soon during my medical evaluation; let's hope I'm right...

Comment

Got an e-mail this morning with an updated preference sheet to be returned within 24 hrs. It was revised 2 Mar.

I wonder if they are sending those to everyone...

Comment

• Originally posted by Narc289 View Post
                      Quick question: I understand you're given your grade level as part of your "FedEx package," but how do you know what step you are (i.e. step 1 or step 10)?

On a side note, I keep hearing things about vision requirements. I think some people are researching the wrong info, or obsolete info, but I don't see anything on the agency site, nor was it posted in the requirements when I applied, specifically about vision requirements. I do know that they used to have minimum numbers (i.e. at least 20/100 uncorrected) posted, but have since removed it from the home page.

The reason why I bring this up is because on "old requirements," I wouldn't meet the minimum distance (uncorrected). However, I have been wearing contacts most of my adult life, and have corrected vision that is 20/15 in both eyes. Does anyone have different info? I'm being told by agents that I work with that it shouldn't be an issue. Does anyone have factual information, or is most of it based on speculation?

In any case, I guess I'll find out soon during my medical evaluation; let's hope I'm right...
                      Unless you are currently in a pay grade/step which is higher salary than your offer, you will be a step 1 for that offered pay grade.
                      In other words, currently a 7 step 3, offered a 9. You'll be 9 step 1.
                      Currently a 9 step 3, offered a 9. You'll be a 9 step 3.
                      Currently a 9 step 1, offered a 7. You'll be a 7 step 7 (or maybe a step 8 depending on exact salary figures).
                      FYI when you promote to the next grade, you take your current step (ie a 7/6), add 2 steps (7/8), then take that "+2" salary and look at the next grade you're promoting onto. Whatever closest step in your new promotional grade is at least equal to that new salary is what you'll get (ie an 11/3 or something).
                      I didn't look at the scale for that example. I'm just guessing steps but the principle is accurate if the steps are not.

Comment

• Originally posted by Etoolqual View Post
                        So from my understanding, schedule B hiring is something that's not done through OPM?
                        Once the email USAJobs invite to apply goes out, schedule B is pretty much identical to other 1811 USAJobs processes. OPM will grade your USAJobs application like they do in other processes. But there's a specific small pool of pre-screened candidates instead of the thousands to weed through in regular hiring processes. The 3 years of being a probationary employee that has to (automatically) convert is the other main difference.
                        If I'm wrong on any of that, someone please correct me. But that's how I understand it all to be.

Comment

• It will be interesting to see if the Senate confirmation process for a new director negatively impacts the hiring process. Here's to hoping it doesn't!

Comment

• Have any July applicants on the West Coast been scheduled for the poly?

Comment

• Awesome news!

Originally posted by Z man View Post

Comment

• Originally posted by Lakerfan91 View Post
                                Did you attend the one in downtown DC? I did in December--did they definitely say the link to apply would come on April 6? If so that'd be great..get the ball rolling a bit
                                Yes, they confirmed links would go out April 6th, so watch your email.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8515 users online. 462 members and 8053 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X